Wars & International Geopolitics

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
DooDoot

Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by DooDoot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:24 am

[Split from Trump. And Why I Hate Him.]

Mr Man wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:38 am
Have there been less drone strikes under Trump, less civilian casualties in war zones?
With this voyeuristic style of posting, I doubt you have followed the story since 2011 (because the answer is highly obvious). Do you even care? Are you even aware of what Hillary, Rice & Obama did? The US Vice President dobbed in the US-supplied-Allies for funding & supplying ISIS. Where do you think ISIS got their fleets of Texan-made Toyota trucks from? :|
Last edited by DooDoot on Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

chownah

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by chownah » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:58 am

DooDoot wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:24 am
Mr Man wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:38 am
Have there been less drone strikes under Trump, less civilian casualties in war zones?
With this voyeuristic style of posting, I doubt you have followed the story since 2011 (because the answer is highly obvious). Do you even care? Are you even aware of what Hillary, Rice & Obama did? The US Vice President dobbed in the US-supplied-Allies for funding & supplying ISIS. Where do you think ISIS got their fleets of Texan-made Toyota trucks from? :|
So....where did they get their trucks from?
Guilt by inuendo.
chownah

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:52 pm

DootDot why do you have a problem with overthrowing evil dictators ? If the dictator was put there by the use of force by a bigger power, then it is only normal that when the world power ballance changes, somebody will come and put another guy in your place through the use of force and realpolitik.

It's not like those dictators were elected there democraticly and therefore we should wait for them to be changed democratically. Especially since they don't allow democracy in their country. It is only normal for them to be changed through force, the only option avaliable.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:58 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:52 pm
DootDot why do you have a problem with overthrowing evil dictators ?
Which evil dictators? The US installs dictators rather than removes them. List of authoritarian regimes supported by the United States: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... ted_States 35 Countries Where the U.S. Has Supported Fascists, Drug Lords and Terrorists https://www.alternet.org/world/35-count ... terrorists Forgive Pinochet, says Dalai Lama http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/forgive-pi ... a-1.187150

The only evil dictator I can think of that the US removed was Saddam, who was originally a US puppet, who maybe killed 500 people per year, who were political opposition.

But the Iraq War resulted in around 1 million dead people. So you don't see 1 million dead Iraqis and generations of children with birth defects due to the US use of white phosphorous as a "problem"?

For example, Bush, Obama & Trump I think are more evil dictators than Saddam. So you don't see killing millions of people in New York & Washington as a "problem" if those evil dictators were to be removed? Dick Cheney was once smarter than you. Or are you a solipsist, that regards dead people as just a fabrication of the mind therefore not real?

Is that you at 2:22 in the video? :shrug: A dictator that wants to get rid of a dictator? In the solipsist world, is there not hypocrisy? What exactly is a dictator? Is not invading other nations dictatorship?

The Bengazi issue in Libya was just a set up (can't find the actual footage where police were attacked). Bengazi was a staging ground for US covert action (which is why the US ambassador was murdered). Libya was used to supply weapons to Syria.

Vain 'dictator': :woohoo:

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 am

DooDoot wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:58 pm
Circle5 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:52 pm
DootDot why do you have a problem with overthrowing evil dictators ?
Which evil dictators? The US installs dictators rather than removes them. List of authoritarian regimes supported by the United States: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... ted_States 35 Countries Where the U.S. Has Supported Fascists, Drug Lords and Terrorists https://www.alternet.org/world/35-count ... terrorists Forgive Pinochet, says Dalai Lama http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/forgive-pi ... a-1.187150
What you are doing is called "whataboutism". Of course USA did some bad things in south america during cold war. URSS was supporting brutal terrorist organizations all over the world, terrorist so bad that they even killed 30% of the population in cambodgia, something islamic terrorist never even came close to doing.

USA is always supporting the good forces wherever it is involved. It is treating it's allies 100 times better than Russia or China. It's always doing it's best to modernize their allies, something Russia or China can never do because they are dictatorships themselves. Any country that is democratic in this world, naturally becomes an ally of USA. USA and EU will always be the good guys in this world.

The fact that USA is using a little too much realpolitik from time to time is no problem for me, since URSS and China are using 10 times worse realpolitik than USA.

You are doing exactly what Russian propaganda wants you to do: Focus on the evils of USA and totally ignore the evils of Russia or China. Tell me Dootdot, when was the last time you ever mentioned Rep. Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan in one of your posts. When was the last time you mentioned Grozni ? You never mentioned the disgusting realpolitik and wars done by Russia, not even once. Show me a post of yours where you did if this is not true.

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:57 am

Tell me Dootdot, what is your opinion about what Putin did in St.Petersbourg when he was a politician there ? What you you think about the bombings in Moscow, known as "Russias 9/11" - that were as obviously as possible staged so that Putin could start a war on Chechnia and suspend the elections that he was about to lose ? How many people died there so that Putin could maintain power ? And take a look through all his political career, how can you compare a person like that to presidents of the USA ? Realpolitik is that guy second name, and I've never ever seen you have a problem with him or his wars.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:30 am

Circle5 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:48 am
Of course USA did some bad things in south america during cold war.
Mere bad things? Imposing brutal dictatorship against democracy, self-determination & nationalisation of industries is merely a small "bad thing"?
URSS was supporting brutal terrorist organizations all over the world, terrorist so bad that they even killed 30% of the population in cambodgia
USA supported the Kymer Rouge as the official Cambodian govt. Its was Communist Vietnam who destroyed the Kymer Rouge. The Kmyer Rouge who learned their Communism in Paris, France.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegatio ... hmer_Rouge

it is not disputed that the U.S. voted for the Khmer Rouge and the Coalition Government of Democratic Kampuchea (CGDK), which included the Khmer Rouge, to retain Cambodia's United Nations (UN) seat until 1982 and 1991, respectively.[1][2][3] Furthermore, an investigation by the United States Department of State acknowledged that U.S. material support for the Khmer Rouge's CGDK partners indirectly benefited the Khmer Rouge.
something islamic terrorist never even came close to doing.
Islamic terrorism was created by the USA, going back to the Muslim Brotherhood supported by Einsenhower. You should know the US created Taliban & Al Qaeda to fight against the USSR.
At a White House meeting between the CIA’s director of plans, Frank Wisner, and John Foster Dulles, in September 1957, Eisenhower advised the agency, “We should do everything possible to stress the ‘holy war’ aspect,” according to a memo recorded by his staff secretary, Gen. Andrew J. Goodpaster.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... ica-213601
:alien:
USA is always supporting the good forces wherever it is involved.
:rolleye: Sounds like 'Holy War' or 'Crusades'. :rofl:
Thích Quảng Đức (Vietnamese: [tʰǐc kʷâːŋ ɗɨ̌k] (About this sound listen); 1897—11 June 1963, born Lâm Văn Túc), was a Vietnamese Mahayana Buddhist monk who burned himself to death at a busy Saigon road intersection on 11 June 1963. Quang Duc was protesting the persecution of Buddhists by the South Vietnamese government led by Ngô Đình Diệm.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Th%C3%ADc ... %E1%BB%A9c
:alien:
It is treating it's allies 100 times better than Russia or China.
Russia just helped Syria clean out ISIS & Al Qaeda (Al Nusra).
It's always doing it's best to modernize their allies,
This is supposed to be a Buddhist forum but this seems to be endorsing the brutal violence of US backed dictators in the Americans, Indonesia, Iraq (gassing of Kurds with US supplied gas), etc. This seems to been supporting the Vietnam War.
something Russia or China can never do because they are dictatorships themselves.
Russia supported many countries that were not communist.
Any country that is democratic in this world, naturally becomes an ally of USA. USA and EU will always be the good guys in this world.
Sounds ridiculous. While Communism may not have made you happy, this does not mean the USA and EU will always be the good guys in this world. Communism arose in the world for a reason. Even during the 1900s, the working class lived in poverty in the USA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlow_Massacre

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Blair_Mountain
The fact that USA is using a little too much realpolitik from time to time is no problem for me, since URSS and China are using 10 times worse realpolitik than USA.
It doesn't bother you that a supposedly democratic nation like the USA has made wars killing millions of people since WW2?
You are doing exactly what Russian propaganda wants you to do: Focus on the evils of USA and totally ignore the evils of Russia or China.
No. Not at all. I am not taking sides. Most of us here are Western people. Unlike you, who is still behaving like a Communist worshipping state & leader, I am posting as someone who believes in free speech, democracy, rule of law & Buddhism. In other words, I am posting as someone who believes as individuals in democratic nations we can change our govt foreign policies.
Tell me Dootdot, when was the last time you ever mentioned Rep. Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan in one of your posts.

What about them? The Ukraine issue is not exactly one-sided.
When was the last time you mentioned Grozni ?
What about it?
You never mentioned the disgusting realpolitik and wars done by Russia, not even once. Show me a post of yours where you did if this is not true.
Irrelevant, as I posted. I am not concerned with "realpolitik". I don't even know what the word "realpolitik" means. If Russia & China kill people without any grounds, I think this is evil. But since I am Australian, with Middle-Eastern family, I notice when Australia (supporting the USA) makes war on the Middle-East, for no reason. In summary, unlike you, I hope I have not made any posts justifying killing & murder. :spy:

Panatipata veramani sikkhapadam samadiyami :candle:

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:04 am

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:30 am
[...]
What's up with this post ? I thought you were just against USA use of realpolitik, not 100% indoctrinated into russian propaganda. Ukraine was not one sided ? Is this a joke ? Rep. Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan etc. were not one sided ??? Grozni ???????????

What the hell is this ???? If USA would have done what Russia did there you would be posting kilometers about it. And by the way, why did you totally ignore my question regarding Putin and not to mention the famous Russia 9/11 ??? Putin killed thousands of people in a brutal and desgusting way in order to start a war in Chechnia and therefore suspend the ellections he was about to lose. He managed to impose himself as a lifetime dictator eventually. Have you seen anything remotely similar happening in the west ?

Stop reading russian propaganda. True, they are backing the good guys in Syria, but that's about the only good thing they ever did. And they're doing it because of realpolitik, not because of some good intentions and great personality of their dictator, as you seem to think.

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:09 am

And don't you dare give me again that stupid "I am only concerned with my own country evils" that russian propagandist use. USA is not your country. If you are concerned with evil done by USA and supposedly the death and injustice caused to people in general, you should be concerned about evils done by any country in the world, not only those done by USA. This is how you distinguish a person actually caring about injustice in the world and a simple russian propagandist doing what he was indoctrinated to do.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 am

Circle5 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:04 am
What's up with this post ?
Before highlighting the 1st precept, it is probably more useful to highlight the 2nd precept. In other words, domestic political squabbles are different to travelling 1000's of miles to make imperialist war on nations that have not attacked you (such as Vietnam, Iraq & Libya) or to fund covert operations, such as the international attack upon Syria, again, against a nation that attacked no other nations. I suppose the Chechnya situation is similar to if Hawaii or Texas declared independence from the USA. If Ukranians plan operations with the USA (such as in the video), this naturally will have kammic repercussions. The IIPB were probably funded & supplied by US & its Gulf allies, similar to ISIS (with similar flag). This domestic squabbles are different to wars that violate International Law. There is a difference between the USSR (which won WW2 only due to US & UK support) taking over Romania in 1945 and Russia in 2017 protecting its borders. Try to have discernment.
The First Chechen War took place over a two-year period that lasted from 1994 to 1996, when Russian forces attempted to regain control over Chechnya, which had declared independence in November 1991.

Second Chechen War. The War of Dagestan began on August 7, 1999, during which the Islamic International Brigade (IIPB) began an unsuccessful incursion into the neighbouring Russian republic of Dagestan in favor of the Shura of Dagestan which sought independence from Russia. The unit was composed of between 400 and 1,500 militants, most of them Dagestanis (mainly Avars and Darginians), as well as Chechens, Arabs, Turks and other foreign fighters.

Did Trump stop the McCain & Graham covert war, the same wars they did in Libya & Syria, with their Al Qaeda mates (Abdelhakim Belhadj)? What are democratically elected US Senators doing visiting war zones & meeting with rebels & terrorists?

Image Image

chownah

Post by chownah » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:40 am

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:06 am
I suppose the Chechnya situation is similar to if Hawaii or Texas declared independence from the USA.
If you suppose this it must be because you don't know the history of chechnya or hawaii or texas.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chechnya
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Hawaii
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Texas
chownah

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:53 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Circle5 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:04 am
What's up with this post ?
Before highlighting the 1st precept, it is probably more useful to highlight the 2nd precept. In other words, domestic political squabbles are different to travelling 1000's of miles to make imperialist war on nations that have not attacked you (such as Vietnam, Iraq & Libya) or to fund covert operations, such as the international attack upon Syria, again, against a nation that attacked no other nations. I suppose the Chechnya situation is similar to if Hawaii or Texas declared independence from the USA. If Ukranians plan operations with the USA (such as in the video), this naturally will have kammic repercussions. The IIPB were probably funded & supplied by US & its Gulf allies, similar to ISIS (with similar flag). This domestic squabbles are different to wars that violate International Law. There is a difference between the USSR (which won WW2 only due to US & UK support) taking over Romania in 1945 and Russia in 2017 protecting its borders. Try to have discernment.
1) So you agree with ISIS and would have been happy if ISIS managed to win and exist as a nation ? I am asking because the terrorist authorities backed by URSS in Vietnam killed 2 times more people in the following 2 years than people that were killed during the whole 7 years war.

2) If there is a proxy war between URSS and USA, why is it that you consider it an agression of USA instead of a proxy war ? And why are you always backing the terrorist in these proxy wars, terroriest that kill a big procent of their population and impose poverty for centuries to come ? Terroriest backed by foreign powers such as URSS ? Why are you always keeping sides with them ?

3) What Russia did to Ukraine, Rep. Moldova (1991 war), Georgia, Azerbaijan, etc. - these are all Russia protecting it's borders ? Are you just indoctrinated or do they actually pay you ? All these countries wanted to be independent and change sides from Russia to the EU and they were not allowed because they are still considered colonies by URSS.

Like any colony, URSS populated them with russian colonist so that they have an excuse to intervene militarily there whenever they want, under the pretext of "defending poor russians discriminated by the authorities". The moment they start voting politicians that are not russian aligned, that moment the tanks come in.

Take for example Rep. Moldova. They are a part of Romania taken by force in WW2 by Russia. Russia then took a part of Moldova and gave it to the Ukraine and they took a part of Ukraine and gave it to Moldova (Tranznistria). After URSS collapsed, Moldova wanted to unite back again with Romania since they are speaking the same language and are Romanians not Russians. They put the same anthem as us, etc. Next thing that happens Russia starts a war on them and of course that, being bigger, they win. And ever since then there are russian tanks in Rep. Moldova. Also, thanks to russian aligned politicians rulling the country, it managed to get 8 times poorer than Romania and 2 times poorer than Albania, being by far the poorest country in europe. All these colonies that were kept by Rusia and ruled by ultra-corrupt Rusian backed forces are infinitely poorer than those that got independent and joined the EU.

4) Russians are always backing the corrupt forces in eastern europe. Ever since communism fell, the fight has always been between the ultra corrupt and authoritarian ex-communist parties and the liberals, people that want democracy and are pro EU, backed by educated people living in the cities. Ex-communist rely on indoctrinated people from the countryside and the good old commies propaganda of "We're not selling our country". The level of propaganda at these ex-communist TV cannels is worse than Info Wars.

In Ukraine the ex-communist, pro-russian forces were about 10 times more corrupt than the Romanian ones, and that is quite an acomplishment in terms of corruption. When that ultra-corrupt president lost power to liberal forces, Russia starts a war on Ukraine and now Ukraine will never join the EU. They will be just like Rep. Moldova or Georgia - impossible to do anything because of that territory with russian troops in it. Decades after decades will pass and nothing will change, just like in Moldova and Georgia colonies.

Show me another power that not only hasn't let go of it's colonies but even starts a war on them the moment they want to become independent. And maybe explain me why absolutally everybody except Belarus want so much to get away from Russia and their corruption and evil realpolitik that they practice in every one of these colonies.

5) You never said a thing about Putin, about his corruption in St. Petersbourg, about the staging of the russia 9/11 by KGB so that he could start a war in Chechnia, suspend the elections that he was about to lose and then proceed in making himself dictator for life.

We are speaking here about a guy that blew up a couple of apartment blocks in Moscow in order to start a war, a guy that is imprisoning or assasinating journalist like nobody business, etc. - a guy for whom "realpolitik" is his second name, and you are worshiping this guy as some form of benevolent enlightened leader that has nothing to do with realpolitik.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:56 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Before highlighting the 1st precept, it is probably more useful to highlight the 2nd precept.

Don't forget the fourth precept. Are you spreading falsehoods DooDoot?

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:05 pm

And anoter 2 questions:

1) Why is it that absolutally everybody in eastern europe hates Russia and does it's best to get away from them ? If they are so good, why do all educated people from the cities despise them even in Ukraine, a country historically aligned with Russia ? Why are they always backing the ultra-corrupt and authoritarian forces in every country around here ? Why is it that they only way they can keep somebody on their side is through the use of wars ?

2) Why is it that USA tanks always leave a place after some time, while Russian tanks have to stay there for 3 decades (Rep. Moldova 91 - present, Ukraine 2012 - infinity, etc.) ? Why is it so infamuously difficult to "make the russians leave". USA left Iraq and left it to pro-Iran forces. Imagine Russia ever doing someting like that. If Russians go into a war, they just never ever leave that place.

3) Why is it that these colonies that were kept on Russia side through the use of backing ultra-corrupt forces or through the use of wars (Belarus, Ukraine, Georgia, Rep. Moldova, Armenia, etc.) - why are all of them so super super poor compared to the countries that managed to became independent and join the EU ? Why are EU-aligned eastern european countries infinitely more democratic, more rich and more modern than these colonies kept on the side of Russia through wars ?

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:25 pm

Mr Man wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:56 pm
DooDoot wrote:
Before highlighting the 1st precept, it is probably more useful to highlight the 2nd precept.

Don't forget the fourth precept. Are you spreading falsehoods DooDoot?
Lol Al Baghdadi next to Mc Cain =)))))) As I said, he is totally indoctrinated into Russian fringe propaganda. Russia propaganda is always conspiracy theory and ridiculous stuff like that supposedly Al Baghdadi next to McCain....

By the way DootDot, what about Assad moving those ISIS terrorist in south-east Ildib this month ? Are you gona start complaining Russia si backing ISIS now ? Or have you started understanding realpolitik ?

pulga

Post by pulga » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:32 pm

DooDoot wrote:

Did Trump stop the McCain & Graham covert war, the same wars they did in Libya & Syria, with their Al Qaeda mates (Abdelhakim Belhadj)? What are democratically elected US Senators doing visiting war zones & meeting with rebels & terrorists?
Lindsey Graham to attend invite-only Bilderberg meeting in Germany

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 am

Circle5 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:53 pm
1) So you agree with ISIS and would have been happy if ISIS managed to win and exist as a nation ? I am asking because the terrorist authorities backed by URSS in Vietnam killed 2 times more people in the following 2 years than people that were killed during the whole 7 years war.
Irrelevant. If Vietnamese have a civil war, like the Lebanese had a civil war, this is their business. ISIS are not Syrians. ISIS are collection of foreign mercenaries & psychopaths. There was no civil war in Syria. Comrades Jihad John & Chechnyan ISIS leader:

2) If there is a proxy war between URSS and USA, why is it that you consider it an agression of USA instead of a proxy war ? And why are you always backing the terrorist in these proxy wars, terroriest that kill a big procent of their population and impose poverty for centuries to come ? Terroriest backed by foreign powers such as URSS ? Why are you always keeping sides with them ?
Russia were invited into Syria by the majority elected Syrian govt. Russia was not engaged in a proxy war.
Circle5 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:25 pm
By the way DootDot, what about Assad moving those ISIS terrorist in south-east Ildib this month ?
Don't know what this is about but Assad allowed the terrorists to leave Aleppo last year to Ildib (while the world media was calling 'holocaust') so more of Aleppo would not be destroyed. Ildib is the last centre of terrorists & jihadists who supported the Obama & NATO goal of turning Syria into a Saudi style Wahhabi state.
3) What Russia did to Ukraine, Rep. Moldova (1991 war), Georgia, Azerbaijan, etc. - these are all Russia protecting it's borders ? Are you just indoctrinated or do they actually pay you ? All these countries wanted to be independent and change sides from Russia to the EU and they were not allowed because they are still considered colonies by URSS.
As I said, these are domestic issues. Also, I already informed you it was your beloved USA who supplied the USSR in WW2 and delayed their invasion of Europe to allow the USSR to takeover Eastern Europe. More, importantly, these are not related to the topic of Trump. This thread is about Trump & not Putin. In short, while Trump still illegally has US troops uninvited in Syria, he stopped funding & supporting ISIS & allowed the Syrian to take back most of Syria.

:focus:
chownah wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:44 am
Just an explanation for everyone. This post is an example of a propogandistic technique...
It was a real video about Hillary rejoicing & delighting in the violent murder of Muammar Qaddafi. :roll: Another video below with the opinion Trump is a better person than Hillary. The foreign policy history starts at 25:38.

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:05 am
Circle5 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:53 pm
Irrelevant. If Vietnamese have a civil war, like the Lebanese had a civil war, this is their business. ISIS are not Syrians. ISIS are collection of foreign mercenaries & psychopaths. There was no civil war in Syria. Comrades Jihad John & Chechnyan ISIS leader:
Then what was the URSS doing in Vietnam backing brutal terrorist ? You said USA should not have been in Vietnam, but you believe URSS had all the rights in the world to be there and back brutal terrorist against democratic forces. The terrorist backed by URSS in Vietnam killed 2 times more people in the years after they won (through execution) than were killed in all 7 years of the war. You have no problem with communist terrorist killing millions or even 30% of the population like in Cambodgia, yet you have problems with islamic terrorist killing under 1% of the population. Is this not a double standard ?

Again, tell me what was URSS doing in Vietnam and all around the world, especially in south america, backing brutal communist guerillas. What were they doing backing bahaist around the middle east ? What were they doing backing Sadam in Iraq ? You keep bringing up Sadam was initially backed by USA, well URSS backed him even more than the USA, yet you never mention that because, like any russian propagandist, you are not concerned with the truth, you are just concerned with bashing USA and praising brutal dictators like Putin.
Russia were invited into Syria by the majority elected Syrian govt. Russia was not engaged in a proxy war.
I was speaking about Vietnam.
Don't know what this is about but Assad allowed the terrorists to leave Aleppo last year to Ildib (while the world media was calling 'holocaust') so more of Aleppo would not be destroyed. Ildib is the last centre of terrorists & jihadists who supported the Obama & NATO goal of turning Syria into a Saudi style Wahhabi state.
=)))))))))))))))))))) "don't know about this one" =))))))))))))))) Check the map: www.syriacivilwarmap.com
See that black area in south-east Ildib that was not there before ? After Assad cleared up the desert, he made a pact with some ISIS elements to transport them to that area to fight with the rebels. They have an agreement with Assad never to attack him, and so far they have kept their agreement.

Or course Assad and Russia is just using ISIS to fight the rebels there and will kill them afterwards, but it goes to show everybody plays realpolitik over there. USA never transported ISIS from one place to another and never had a written agreement with ISIS.
As I said, these are domestic issues. Also, I already informed you it was your beloved USA who supplied the USSR in WW2 and delayed their invasion of Europe to allow the USSR to takeover Eastern Europe. More, importantly, these are not related to the topic of Trump. This thread is about Trump & not Putin. In short, while Trump still illegally has US troops uninvited in Syria, he stopped funding & supporting ISIS & allowed the Syrian to take back most of Syria.
=))))))))))))))))) Whataboutit comrade ? =)))))))))) Tell me more about WW2, tell me more about Syria, when I am asking you about 1991 war in Rep. Moldova and the Ukraine war. Tell me more about anything else except the thing that I asked you about.

IF they were domestic issues then tell me my friend what are russian tanks doing in Rep. Moldova and Ukraine right now ? On what possible grounds can they be there ? You find it normal that if politicians they don't like win an ellection, they have the right to go in with their tanks there and stay there for 30 years like in Rep. Moldova ?

More than this, that Tranznistria area is the biggest weapons smugler in the world. They are supplying weapons all across africa and the middle east. I thought you have a problem with supplying weapons to terrorist. But you have no problem with an area controlled by russian troops to be the biggest weapon smugler area in the world. There is even a documentary where a journalist managed to buy a missle from that place. They are also known as "Tranznisterdam" because of the incredible drug smuggling going on and not to mention human traficking. It's also nicknamed "the blackhole of europe".

Can you address these problems regarding Tranznistria, East Ukrain, Georgia, Naborno-Karabah, Putin killing journalist like nobody business, Putin staging the Russian 9/11 so that he could start a war on Chechnia and suspend the elections he was about to lose and then proceed on imposing himself as dictator for life ? etc. etc. etc. CAN YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WHITOUT RESORTING TO WHATABOUTISM ?

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:01 pm

IMPORTANT NOTE TO EVERYONE IN THIS TOPIC: When you are dealing with a pro-russian propagandist whose posts consist 100% of whataboutism, the way to respond is not through falling pray to this tactic. Here is what The Economist recommends to do when dealing with Whataboutism:
The Economist recommended two methods of properly countering whataboutism: to "use points made by Russian leaders themselves" so that they cannot be applied to the West, and for Western nations to engage in more self-criticism of their own media and government.[7] Euromaidan Press discussed the strategy in a feature on whataboutism, the second in a three-part educational series on Russian propaganda.[46][47] The series described whataboutism as an intentional distraction away from serious criticism of Russia.[46][47] The piece advised subjects of whataboutism to resist emotional manipulation and the temptation to respond.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Untill you see DootDot responding at least to one question regarding Russia, please keep yourself from engaging in any topic dealing with USA.

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:46 pm

May I point out that there is little comparison between a communist USSR government, and a modern Russia authoritarian somewhat fascist but not at all communist government. Russia's role in Syria almost seems to be more on the right side than America's actions in Syria, Russia fighting to save a once stable government with Assad, and America fighting for anarchy, just as they did in Libya. If you are going to judge Russia, judge them for Russia's actions not decades old communist USSR's actions.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/