Wars & International Geopolitics

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:47 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm
Then what was the URSS doing in Vietnam backing brutal terrorist ? You said USA should not have been in Vietnam, but you believe URSS had all the rights in the world to be there and back brutal terrorist against democratic forces.
Did the USSR send troops to Vietnam? Was there are civil war in Syria? No.
Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm
Again, tell me what was URSS doing in Vietnam and all around the world, especially in south america, backing brutal communist guerillas.
Evidence of brutal communist guerillas? :shrug: Notice Howard Hunt in the video (JFK assassin & Watergate :roll: ). who says: "We wanted to have a terror campaign... like German Stuka bombers terrified Poland".


Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:54 pm
What were they doing backing bahaist around the middle east ? What were they doing backing Sadam in Iraq ? You keep bringing up Sadam was initially backed by USA, well URSS backed him even more than the USA, yet you never mention that because, like any russian propagandist, you are not concerned with the truth, you are just concerned with bashing USA and praising brutal dictators like Putin.
Saddam was always backed by the USA, particularly during the Iraq-Iran war, when Iraq gassed the Kurds; using US provided technology.
The United States intelligence and government suggested that Kurdish civilians were not a deliberate target, and even that Iran was indeed responsible

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halabja_chemical_attack
:candle:
I was speaking about Vietnam.
Trump not related to Vietnam.
See that black area in south-east Ildib that was not there before ? After Assad cleared up the desert, he made a pact with some ISIS elements to transport them to that area to fight with the rebels. They have an agreement with Assad never to attack him, and so far they have kept their agreement.
So what? Assad wants to stop fighting & destruction and many of those elements may not be ISIS but be actual Syrian Islamists. Syria is a diverse society & the Muslim Brotherhood has been around for decades in extreme Sunni (i.e., Wahhabi) communities.
Or course Assad and Russia is just using ISIS to fight the rebels there and will kill them afterwards, but it goes to show everybody plays realpolitik over there. USA never transported ISIS from one place to another and never had a written agreement with ISIS.
Bizarre conclusion. I think it has been made clear Assad wants to minimise destruction.
I am asking you about 1991 war in Rep. Moldova and the Ukraine war. Tell me more about anything else except the thing that I asked you about.
Unrelated to Trump. Off-topic.
IF they were domestic issues then tell me my friend what are russian tanks doing in Rep. Moldova and Ukraine right now ? On what possible grounds can they be there ? You find it normal that if politicians they don't like win an ellection, they have the right to go in with their tanks there and stay there for 30 years like in Rep. Moldova ?
Moldova was saved by the Russians from the Turks. Its on the Black Sea. Obviously, Russia wants to keep it. Unrelated to Trump.
Most of the Moldovan territory was a part of the Principality of Moldavia from the 14th century until 1812, when it was ceded to the Russian Empire by the Ottoman Empire (to which Moldavia was a vassal state) and became known as Bessarabia.
:candle:
Putin staging the Russian 9/11 so that he could start a war on Chechnia and suspend the elections he was about to lose and then proceed on imposing himself as dictator for life ? etc. etc. etc. CAN YOU ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS WHITOUT RESORTING TO WHATABOUTISM ?
Unrelated to Trump. However, importantly, Putin is favoured by the majority of Russian people. You appear to be sounding like a Cutural-Marxist, in somehow claiming the views of fringe minorities are the right view; like the Western media recently reported that 500 protestors in Iran somehow represent the view of the Iranian people.

:tongue:

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm

DootDot, with this last message you showed everyone that not only you're 100% into Russian propaganda but you're super hardcore into it.
I suggest you spend more time on the syriancivilwar reddit. 99% of people there support Assad and are disgusted with the westen media propaganda about the situation, yet they don't start loving brutal regimes 100 times worse and doing logic-jiu-jitzu like you're last messages in this topic, especially the last one where you even had brain-farts like "Moldova taken by URSS from Romania to protect it from the Turks" and stuff like that. I have heard this kind of logic at a russian one day. The logic that former colonies of a superpower should always remain colonies of that superpower. Yet this only applies to URSS, when it comes to the west that's terrible of course and it's called "imperialism" :juggling:

Interestingly, there were big discussions about people like you because of the Iran protests. Something like 95% of the people there supported them, despite all of them being pro-Assad, yet there were some that were against them, despite claiming to support Asssad for secularism and stuff. Some messages from today about people like you DootDot:
The tweeter of this is not exactly some benevolent neutral figure posting verified information, he's a guy that in the name of anti-imperialism has fallen in love with the most repressive, authoritarian regimes on the planet, and finds it necessary to constantly do apologetics for lovely regimes like North Korea. There is no good reason to trust that anything he says contains any truth.
I'm angry that supporters of the regime in this sub who have said that they support secularity seem to be against the protests, which seems incoherent for me.
They are conspiracy theorists aka "not rational" and "lacking ability to think critically". For them its as simple as "if it opposes the West its good, if it is bad for the "resistance axis" its foreign interference". If you sit there and use RT, PressTV, SANA and shitty twitter sources for "news" and then refuse to read anything counter to this worldview then you are going to be incoherent.

They lack the ability to look at a source of information and look at it with an informed outlook, meaning recognizing possible bias, looking for proper sources and credibility, understanding that many places do not have a free press etc etc etc

Remember, most of them are like 16-20 year old white middle class North Americans and Europeans and they spend all day on here cheering on autocrats and police state operating war criminals because of "secularism", "human rights", "resistance", "anti-imperalism" or whatever reason.

Plus a lot of them are also Russian trolls. Reddit is full of them. There are some very well informed "pro-regime" posters here, they are the ones that can admit things like "Assad is a bad person, but we think that blank is worse" vs "Assad is a hero, anti-imperalist, secular advocate"
People indoctrinated into russian propaganda are a small minority group even on the syriancivilwar reddit were 99% of people support Assad. Yet you can support him without totally brainwashing yourself into russian propaganda and supporting brutal regimes 100 times worse than USA.

DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:57 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm
DootDot, with this last message you showed everyone that not only you're 100% into Russian propaganda but you're super hardcore into it.
I suggest you spend more time on the syriancivilwar reddit. 99% of people there support Assad and are disgusted with the westen media propaganda about the situation
You seem to have no idea about Syria. Syria was/is a wonderful secular beautiful nation that has had to protect itself from Wahhabism since the 1950s. Syria is not harming any other nation. I do not need to read syriancivilwar reddit because I understand the culture of my own people. We are good people who live with secular values. Assad is a good (enough) man. 99% of people there support Assad and are disgusted with the westen media propaganda about the situation because they are Syrians & know what is going on.


Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 pm
yet they don't start loving brutal regimes 100 times worse
I think it is time to end this discussion with you because your views are totalitarian to me. It does not matter if Iran has a different culture. What is important is respecting national sovereignty. Also, Iran is a great nation with a great historical culture. Unfortunately, Moldova does not have any national sovereignty; therefore it will be in a struggle to escape Russia, which is held that strategic land for hundreds of years plus invested into its infrastructure.

Respectfully, your posts given the impression you were once a Romanian peasant that views all American materialism as the greatest thing; like in the song Stairway to Heaven. Buddhism promotes social morality rather than the Cultural Marxism & Sensual Materialistic Capitalism you appear to be promoting here. If a country like Iran has good family values, this is a positive thing in Buddhism. Iran or Russia are not 100 times worse than America from a Dhamma perspective. :roll:
Last edited by DooDoot on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:57 pm
You seem to have no idea about Syria. Syria was/is a wonderful secular beautiful nation that has had to protect itself from Wahhabism since the 1950s. Syria is not harming any other nation. I do not need to read syriancivilwar reddit because I understand the culture of my own people. We are good people who live with secular values. Assad is a good (enough) man. 99% of people there support Assad and are disgusted with the westen media propaganda about the situation because they are Syrians & know what is going on.
Since when in the world did you start supporting secularism lol :juggling:
You just posted a message ago that you support islamism when it comes to Iran. You said you are against protestors that are pro-democracy and pro-secularism, wanting to change the current religious dictatorship that has been going on since 1978

Before speaking about weatern media propaganda, maybe take a look at russian media propaganda. In western media you might sometimes hear different opinions, in Russian media you get in prison or assasinated for having a different opinion in the media.

You said you have no problem with Russia invading countries because of not liking the politicians that were voted in those countries. You said Russia has all the right in the world to do such things as long as it has the power, since it needs to have a "buffer zone". Yet you claim that USA has no right to invade countries when it doesn't like it's politicians. :juggling:

DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:37 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:24 pm
Since when in the world did you start supporting secularism lol :juggling:
You just posted a message ago that you support islamism when it comes to Iran
There seems to be a miscommunication here. Iran may be an Islamic nation but it is also a secular nation because Christians, Jews, etc, are allowed to live there & practise their religion. When I use the word "secular", unlike you may be, I am not referring to Atheist Cultural Marxism or Communism. I definitely support Iran as a nation & would like to visit one day. I have Anglo-Australian friends who had a wonderful holiday there.
Last edited by DooDoot on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm

Unfortunately, Moldova does not have any national sovereignty; therefore it will be in a struggle to escape Russia, which is held that strategic land for hundreds of years plus invested into its infrastructure.
Loooooooooool. The english built the railways of India, should India be forever a colony because of that investment ?

Also Russia did not invest in Rep. Moldova. It is standing at 1500$ GDP per capita, by far poorest country in Europe. It's 3 times poorer than Albania, it's pooker than Kosovo, it's poorer than Syria after 7 yeras of war for god sake.


How much logica-jiu-jitzu is a russian propagandist capable of doings ? You claim colonies should remain forever enslaved to the superpowers that conquered them in the 1800s, yet you disagree with european powers or USA doing that and call it "imperialism" - it is only ok when Russia does it.

"Russia invested in this clony infrastructure in the 1800s" - really ? That is how ridiculous this discussion has got to ? And you're the "anti-imperialist" one lololol

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:41 pm

The french also invested in Syria infrastructure. The english invested in Iraq infrastructure. Italy invested in Lybia infrastructure.

Case close. You can never complain about them ever again.

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 pm

At the recent football match between Iran and Syria, iranian womans were not allowed to enter the stadium while Syrian womans were allowed. During the 2009 protests, there were 9 million people in the streets.

Recent protests as long as all last decades protests have been calling for an end to dictatorship and islamism. People are asking for democracy and secularism, yet DootDot disproves of that despite claiming to be a support of secularism lol.

Just another logical jiu-jitzu needed to continue being a russian propagandist.

DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:47 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm
Loooooooooool. The english built the railways of India, should India be forever a colony because of that investment ?
Again, discernment is required here. India was primarily a colony of exploitation.
Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm
Also Russia did not invest in Rep. Moldova. It is standing at 1500$ GDP per capita, by far poorest country in Europe. It's 3 times poorer than Albania, it's pooker than Kosovo, it's poorer than Syria after 7 yeras of war for god sake.
OK then. Its just a strategic asset. Forget the infrastructure part. Cannot be compared to Obama's destruction of Libya & Syria. Have the Russians destroyed the industries & infrastructure of Moldova and killed a million people and made refugees of millions more?

Try to keep in mind this is a Dhamma forum, focusing on non-killing, non-stealing, non-sensuality, etc.
Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:38 pm
much logica-jiu-jitzu is a russian propagandist capable of doings ? You claim colonies should remain forever enslaved to the superpowers that conquered them in the 1800s, yet you disagree with european powers or USA doing that and call it "imperialism" - it is only ok when Russia does it. "Russia invested in this clony infrastructure in the 1800s" - really ? That is how ridiculous this discussion has got to ? And you're the "anti-imperialist" one lololol
I didn't make any of these claims you allege & are imputing from your solipsism. I am not against Moldovan independence. I merely said it is an entirely different situation to Hillary & Obama destroying Libya & Syria and Trump stopping the destruction.

In short, I think your disgust towards Communism & Islamic Morality & love of Materialism is making your posts straying from Dhamma. :hello:


Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:47 pm
I didn't make any of these claims you allege & are imputing from your solipsism. I am not against Moldovan independence. I merely said it is an entirely different situation to Hillary & Obama destroying Libya & Syria and Trump stopping the destruction.

In short, I think your disgust towards Communism & Islamic Morality & love of Materialism is making your posts overly subjective. :hello:
But Rep. Moldova or Ukraine are poorer than Libia, Iraq or Syria. Check their GDP, they are poorer. Also, Iraq is independent and ruled by pro-iranian forces. American tanks left that place, Russian tanks never left Rep.Moldova for 30 years and are never gona leave Ukraine.

As for "islamic morality" and how good it is to have an islamic dictatorship with all it's morality, I thought you supported secularism in Syria. You're gona start posting about the great islamic morality ISIS or the Rebels want to impose on Syria ? Chose one of the 2, you can's be pro-secularization in one country but be against fighters for secularism in another.

As I said, iranian womans were not allowed at the recent fotball match between Iran and Syria, while sirian womans were allowed. People from the urban areas have been fighting for secularism for decated in Iran and also for democracy and you are against them, despite claiming to be pro-secularism in Syria and claim to be supporting a guy especially cause of his secularism.

Again, logical jiu-jitzu after logica-jiu-jitzu that readers of RT, PressTV and SANA have to do all the time.

DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:58 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:46 pm
At the recent football match between Iran and Syria, iranian womans were not allowed to enter the stadium while Syrian womans were allowed.
So what? What has soccer to do with Dhamma. The Buddha said:
There are, young householder, these six evil consequences in frequenting theatrical shows. He is ever thinking:
(i) where is there dancing?
(ii) where is there singing?
(iii) where is there music?
(iv) where is there recitation?
(v) where is there playing with cymbals?
(vi) where is there pot-blowing
:alien:
During the 2009 protests, there were 9 million people in the streets.
Iran has a population of 80 million. Again, you appear to be supporting Cultural Marxist minority politics.
Recent protests as long as all last decades protests have been calling for an end to dictatorship and islamism. People are asking for democracy and secularism, yet DootDot disproves of that despite claiming to be a support of secularism lol.
A minority of people are asking for these things. Regardless, as I mentioned, I did not use the term "secularism", which refers to Cultural Marxist Communism Atheism. I was referring to freedom of religion.

:namaste:

DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Trump. And why I hate him.

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:05 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:54 pm
But Rep. Moldova or Ukraine are poorer than Libia, Iraq or Syria. Check their GDP, they are poorer.
So what?
Also, Iraq is independent and ruled by pro-iranian forces.
Yes, which is good. Shia is good. Sunni is not good. The US-Zionist plan justified by the blood & murder of 9/11 backfired.
Russian tanks never left Rep.Moldova for 30 years and are never gona leave Ukraine.
Have you ever heard of Dependent Origination or Cause & Effect? If the USA was not so aggressive in its military bases then maybe Russia could loosen the strings.
As for "islamic morality" and how good it is to have an islamic dictatorship with all it's morality, I thought you supported secularism in Syria.
Please stop repeating the same false allegations. Thanks. I do not support Cultural Marxist Atheism in Syria. I support a Secular Religious Multi-Faith Society. I am a Buddhist with Right View according to MN 117, which is to support the Right View of Kamma & Results, which is Religion.
You're gona start posting about the great islamic morality ISIS or the Rebels want to impose on Syria ? Chose one of the 2, you can's be pro-secularization in one country but be against fighters for secularism in another.
ISIS are not Islamic. Hundreds of Islamic scholars have declare this. Saudi Wahhabism is not Islam.
As I said, iranian womans were not allowed at the recent fotball match between Iran and Syria, while sirian womans were allowed. People from the urban areas have been fighting for secularism for decated in Iran and also for democracy and you are against them, despite claiming to be pro-secularism in Syria and claim to be supporting a guy especially cause of his secularism.
Minority of people. Minority of Cultural Marxists fighting; who are unable to find happiness in the morality of Dhamma. The Buddha did not teach Hungry Ghosts will find contentment in the religious life.

:meditate:

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:07 pm

Look, syrian woman were allowed at the recent football match whithout a scarf. Iranian woman were not allowed at the same match even with scarfs, they were just no allowed at all. My point is that Iran is not a secular place by any means, it's rulled by an islamic dictatorship that imposes strict islamic rules on society. People from urban areas have been fighting for decades to change this.

How can you claim you support Assad against the Rebels because of Assad secularism 2 posts ago, and when it comes to Iran you support "islamic morality" and are against those who want to modernize it ?

Why are you not keeping sides with the Rebels if you support islamic morality ?

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 pm

Have you ever heard of Dependent Origination or Cause & Effect? If the USA was not so aggressive in its military bases then maybe Russia could loosen the strings.
Jesus christ.... Try reverting "USA" and "Russia" in this sentence and see how it sounds lol
Yes, which is good. Shia is good. Sunni is not good. The US-Zionist plan justified by the blood & murder of 9/11 backfired.
Ok, it seems there is no point in this discussion. "As long as it's pro-Russia and against USA, anything goes. Those stuff about anti-imperialism and secularism and stuff like that are just rethorics that I use, my goal is totally different" Things are just as this guy explained on SCW reddit today:
I'm angry that supporters of the regime in this sub who have said that they support secularity seem to be against the protests, which seems incoherent for me.
They are conspiracy theorists aka "not rational" and "lacking ability to think critically". For them its as simple as "if it opposes the West its good, if it is bad for the "resistance axis" its foreign interference". If you sit there and use RT, PressTV, SANA and shitty twitter sources for "news" and then refuse to read anything counter to this worldview then you are going to be incoherent.

They lack the ability to look at a source of information and look at it with an informed outlook, meaning recognizing possible bias, looking for proper sources and credibility, understanding that many places do not have a free press etc etc etc

Remember, most of them are like 16-20 year old white middle class North Americans and Europeans and they spend all day on here cheering on autocrats and police state operating war criminals because of "secularism", "human rights", "resistance", "anti-imperalism" or whatever reason.
Again, stop reading RT and stuff like that. Use critical thinking from time to time and Good Luck

DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Ok, it seems there is no point in this discussion. "As long as it's pro-Russia and against USA, anything goes. Those stuff about anti-imperialism and secularism and stuff like that are just rethorics that I use, my goal is totally different" Things are just as this guy explained on SCW reddit today:
Stop moving the goal posts. Iran has been invited into Iraq. Saddam was a Sunni minority dictator US puppet. Iran merging with Iraq is the will of the Iraqi Shia majority. The Iraqis saw how the USA raped & murdered them. Why on earth would any sane Iraqi support the USA?

Millions of people murdered, raped & poisoned by US military action in Iraq yet all you seem to care about is women not attending a soccer match. Real Cultural Marxism there, focusing on trivial minority issues like Soccer Feminists.

:?

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by Circle5 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:17 pm
Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:12 pm
Ok, it seems there is no point in this discussion. "As long as it's pro-Russia and against USA, anything goes. Those stuff about anti-imperialism and secularism and stuff like that are just rethorics that I use, my goal is totally different" Things are just as this guy explained on SCW reddit today:
Stop moving the goal posts. Iran has been invited into Iraq. Saddam was a Sunni minority dictator US puppet. Iran merging with Iraq is the will of the Iraqi Shia majority. The Iraqis saw how the USA raped & murdered them. Why on earth would any sane Iraqi support the USA?

Millions of people murdered, raped & poisoned by US military action in Iraq yet all you seem to care about is women not attending a soccer match. Real Cultural Marxism there, focusing on trivial minority issues like Soccer Feminists.

:?
Whatabout it comrade ?

What does it have to do with weather one should support secularism or "islamic morality" ?

DooDoot
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by DooDoot » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 am

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm
What does it have to do with weather one should support secularism or "islamic morality" ?
I politely asked you to refrain from slandering my good self as a "secularismist". If I used the word "secular" incorrectly, I apologise & renounce this. Syria & Iran are multi-faith nations. Where as "non-religionism" is "Mara-ism". I trust my message is clear. American vices such as gambling, sexual liberalism, pornography, drugs & alcohol, usury, etc, the Buddha called the roads to ruin. Trump's biggest donor & Trump himself make their billions from gambling businesses, which are adhammic. In Australia, women become sex crazed & lose self-control over football stars, like this:

Image Image
Image Image
Secularism - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secularism
One manifestation of secularism is asserting the right to be free from religious rule and teachings, or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people.
According to Islamic law as told by the Koran, Muslims are not allowed to take part in any form of gambling. As a result, Iran has no casinos, sports betting facilities, bingo halls, or poker rooms. Gambling in private homes or other venues is also prohibited.

www.gamingzion.com/iran
Gambling in Iran is illegal due to the official religion of Islam. The Sharia law forbids all kinds of gambling as it sees gambling evil, addicting, and a cause for people to forget their social responsibilities. Therefore, there aren’t any legally operating land-based casinos in the country for players to enjoy their favorite games like poker, roulette, or blackjack to name a few. If someone caught conducting illegal gambling, the penalties could be up to 6 months in jail or 74 lashes. However, if the offenders caught gambling publically they will be sentenced to both the punishments.*Online gambling is illegal too, and the government blocks foreign online casinos as well. It is not known if players are prosecuted for playing online, though.

https://simonsblogpark.com/onlinegambli ... g-in-iran/
(d) "There are, young householder, these six evil consequences in indulging in gambling:

(i) the winner begets hate,
(ii) the loser grieves for lost wealth,
(iii) loss of wealth,
(iv) his word is not relied upon in a court of law,
(v) he is despised by his friends and associates,
(vi) he is not sought after for matrimony; for people would say he is a gambler and is not fit to look after a wife.

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .nara.html

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by Circle5 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:02 am

DooDoot wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 am
Circle5 wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm
What does it have to do with weather one should support secularism or "islamic morality" ?
I politely asked you to refrain from slandering my good self as a "secularismist". If I used the word "secular" incorrectly, I apologise & renounce this. Syria & Iran are multi-faith nations. Where as "non-religionism" is "Mara-ism". I trust my message is clear. American vices such as gambling, sexual liberalism, pornography, drugs & alcohol, usury, etc, the Buddha called the roads to ruin. Trump's biggest donor & Trump himself make their billions from gambling businesses, which are adhammic. In Australia, women become sex crazed & lose self-control over football stars, like this:
Whataboutit comrade ? Whatabout USA gambling and stuff ?

I was asking weather you believe middle eastern countries should be more like Turkey, Syria and Lebanon or more like Saudi Arabia. I thought you wanted them to be more like the first, that's what you yourself claimed like 3 posts ago, but when it comes to Iran you want it to be more like Saudi Arabia.

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by Circle5 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:09 am

And I think you missed this part from you're own quote from the dictionary:
or, in a state declared to be neutral on matters of belief, from the imposition by government of religion or religious practices upon its people.

That's what people from urban areas have a problem with the religious dictatorship running Iran.

Circle5
Posts: 631
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Wars & International Geopolitics

Post by Circle5 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:11 am

Again, from your own quote:
If someone caught conducting illegal gambling, the penalties could be up to 6 months in jail or 74 lashes. However, if the offenders caught gambling publically they will be sentenced to both the punishments.*Online gambling is illegal too, and the government blocks foreign online casinos as well. It is not known if players are prosecuted for playing online, though.
Yup. Things like this seem to be a problem too. There are many things like this when you have a religious dictatorsip running the country.

I'm waiting for you to do apologetics of Saria Law and Al-Nusra soon. :anjali:

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mikenz66 and 15 guests