Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Locked
User avatar
pilgrim
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by pilgrim » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:15 am

This is tragic.
Practising Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge after pleas for help
https://www.expressandstar.com/news/loc ... aGt8P6w.99

User avatar
Dhammarakkhito
Posts: 1115
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:31 am
Contact:

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by Dhammarakkhito » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:23 am

damn
"Just as the ocean has a single taste — that of salt — in the same way, this Dhamma-Vinaya has a single taste: that of release."
— Ud 5.5

https://www.facebook.com/noblebuddhadha ... 34/?type=3

http://seeingthroughthenet.net/
https://sites.google.com/site/santipada ... allytaught

User avatar
pilgrim
Posts: 1545
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by pilgrim » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 pm

Would anyone know the background behind this tragedy? For eg, the number of vassas, his monastery, if there are any reports regarding his meditation experiences. The intention is not to find faults but to identify any incidents that we could mark as red flags.

User avatar
Dhammanando
Posts: 4209
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:44 pm
Location: Ban Sri Pradu Rubber Forest, Phrao, Chiangmai

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by Dhammanando » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:02 am

I didn't know Colin, but to judge from the photos on his Facebook memorial page I would guess that he was relatively new to Buddhism, for as recently as 2015 he was pictured drinking and sea-fishing.

https://web.facebook.com/cnashwba/photos_albums

:candle:

binocular
Posts: 5638
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by binocular » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 am

That page isn't available anymore.
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

chownah
Posts: 7550
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by chownah » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am

binocular wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:02 am
That page isn't available anymore.
Good. This thread remings me of when people slow down at a traffic accident hoping to see some gore.
chownah

binocular
Posts: 5638
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:13 pm

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by binocular » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 am

chownah wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am
This thread remings me of when people slow down at a traffic accident hoping to see some gore.
pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 pm
Would anyone know the background behind this tragedy? For eg, the number of vassas, his monastery, if there are any reports regarding his meditation experiences. The intention is not to find faults but to identify any incidents that we could mark as red flags.
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

User avatar
Kusala
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:02 am

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by Kusala » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:15 am

:candle: Colin :candle:

This monk was possessed by an "asura"(demon) and nearly lost it...

Image

"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "

chownah
Posts: 7550
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:19 pm

Re: Buddhist monk jumped off motorway bridge

Post by chownah » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:19 am

binocular wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 am
chownah wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:53 am
This thread remings me of when people slow down at a traffic accident hoping to see some gore.
pilgrim wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 pm
Would anyone know the background behind this tragedy? For eg, the number of vassas, his monastery, if there are any reports regarding his meditation experiences. The intention is not to find faults but to identify any incidents that we could mark as red flags.
Still reminds me of the same thing.
chownah

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests