If you are not guilty, you don't act like a guilty person, right?

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: If you are not guilty, you don't act like a guilty person, right?

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:57 am

Greetings,
alan wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:47 am
But, nothing there proves the point you wanted to make, which is....?
If you don't know what the point is, how would you know if it was made or not?

8-)
alan wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:47 am
Not sure what point you wanted it to prove, or why this proves it.
What point did you want to prove?
It's about the covert infiltration of government, which is known nowadays as "the deep state". JFK knew...

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan

Post by alan » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:02 am

JFK was referring to the Russians, and Communist states in general, of course.
How you heard this another way is just bizarre to me.

Is that pic a joke? I think you are just having fun. No one could post something like that with a straight face.
Right?

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:08 am

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:24 pm

alan wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:42 am
Friends, most of you have been on an airplane. Here in America, the security makes you go through a ridiculous process. Take off your shoes, take off your belt. No liquids other than 100 milliliters, or whatever. Grandmas have to take off their shoes.
Because there was a guy who had a bomb in his contact lens, or his foot. Whatever. This is total nonsense.
I think the Israelis have it right--they look for those acting guilty. Much more efficient.
I've been through Israeli security a few times, on my way to Jerusalem. Here's how they do it--they look for those who look nervous, or guilty.

So, my point is this: If Trump is not guilty, why is he acting in such a manner? If he is not guilty, why did he fire the FBI director, who was looking into Russia ties?
And if Trump is not guilty, why is he always saying that the Mueller probe is: ("A Hoax", "Fake News", etc).
Because I think he is nervous, and acting exactly like a guilty person would. If he was not guilty, he'd just say, I welcome this, I will be proven right, let then go. But he does not say that, does he? You know why? Because he is guilty, that is why.

Guilty people are afraid of being caught, so they lie, and make everyone else who does not believe them to be bad.
Innocent people are not afraid, so they have no reason to do this, Right?

Problem with this is twofold:

1) There are no innocents
2) When faced with the embodiment of power (uniforms, guns, etc), it is normal for a person to display fear
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19