Incident in Melbourne

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Sam Vara

Incident in Melbourne

Post by Sam Vara » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:16 am

Any local updates, Retro?

Sam Vara

Re: Incident in Melbourne

Post by Sam Vara » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:36 am

A blogger based in France who is quick to pick this one up:

http://www.desertsun.co.uk/blog/?p=6223

Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:08 pm

I have messaged with Retro this morning when I heard. He is fine.

Kind Regards
Cittasanto
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:44 pm

Greetings,

I only saw about it briefly on the ABC News website, so chances are that at this stage, you know more than I do.

Last time something similar happened in the Melbourne CBD, one of my friends was within an arms length of the car. I'm hoping this doesn't give rise to any flashbacks etc.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)