Feminism for men

If you wish to raise new topics on News, Current Events & Politics, please do so at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Feminism for men

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:00 am

Greetings,

OK... that's drifting a tad too far from the topic at hand.

:focus:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:31 am

Imagine thinking a Buddhist forum is the appropriate place to boast about your sexual exploits!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

binocular

Post by binocular » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:02 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:04 pm
binocular wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:49 pm
. But having the same sex standards as men puts women into situations that are more dangerous than what men face, especially in terms of health risks and unwanted pregnancy.
Psychological risks. Dukkha risks.
In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex, and that if they have a problem with that, then there is something mentally wrong with them (and they should seek treatment).
We do not have the freedom to question the current medical dogma about sex, and still be regarded as psychologically normal.
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:04 am

binocular wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:02 am
DooDoot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:04 pm
binocular wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:49 pm
. But having the same sex standards as men puts women into situations that are more dangerous than what men face, especially in terms of health risks and unwanted pregnancy.
Psychological risks. Dukkha risks.
In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex, and that if they have a problem with that, then there is something mentally wrong with them (and they should seek treatment).
We do not have the freedom to question the current medical dogma about sex, and still be regarded as psychologically normal.
Are they? 13 year old Amanda Todd sent nudes to someone, and got shamed for it so hard she hung herself.

chownah

Post by chownah » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 am

binocular wrote:

In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex,
No they're not. What kind of bs is this?
chownah

binocular

Post by binocular » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 am

chownah wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 am
Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.

chownah

Post by chownah » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am

binocular wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 am
chownah wrote:
Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.
More bs. Women are not taught this.
chownah

denise

Post by denise » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:33 pm

hello all.....heard this years ago...."women give sex to get love...men give love to get sex".

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:39 pm

binocular wrote:In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex, and that if they have a problem with that, then there is something mentally wrong with them (and they should seek treatment).
binocular wrote:Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.
What? That's absolute nonsense - and I'm speaking from the point of view of a qualified secondary school teacher (and I'm also a qualified complementary therapist) who's lived in the UK all her life.

:anjali:
Last edited by Aloka on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:44 pm

chownah wrote:
binocular wrote:

In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex,
chownah
Well said chownah. However I 'm bowing out of this topic for the second time because I'm busy doing other things and getting on with my non-internet life....

Byeee! :hello:

Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

binocular wrote:
binocular wrote:
I've lived in the United States my entire life, and have spent my career working as a medical writer and researcher, and have never heard or encountered any such thing.

binocular

Post by binocular » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm

chownah wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am
binocular wrote:
chownah wrote:
More bs. Women are not taught this.
We are taught that having sex even when you don't want to have children is normal. Just follow this to its logical conclusions, and consider the current state of medical technology, and you can see what follows.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Aloka wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:39 pm
binocular wrote:In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex, and that if they have a problem with that, then there is something mentally wrong with them (and they should seek treatment).
binocular wrote:Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.
What? That's absolute nonsense - and I'm speaking from the point of view of a qualified secondary school teacher (and I'm also a qualified complementary therapist) who's lived in the UK all her life.
I tend to agree with Binocular, in that women/girls are unhealthily sexualised from any early age; particularly in the government education systems. What I personally think is an absolute non-sense is believing having a secondary school teacher & complementary therapist qualification would make a person an expert on these matters. I know qualified secondary school teachers who, from a moral perspective, cannot tell left from right, up from down, & have all manner of personal & child raising problems. I personally 1st received government school education about reproduction at 8 years old then what was called "sex education" at 12 years old, which I recall from that time, was all about male condoms, female condoms, IUDs & the pill; how to obtain them & how to use them. (It was the only time in my entire life I learned about an "IUD"). It was taught in secondary school in both a manner & jest (heedlessness) that had the expectation we would engage in sex & thus require these contraception from a very young age. We also had a manic science teacher (who must have been a Bahai, Muslim or fundamental Xtian) who would manically show us movies about abortion (with chopped up baby limbs) as a counter to our sex education, obviously because he knew of the sex education we were receiving. I think it is quite obvious girls/women are conditioned by society to be heedless & fearless in relation to sex. I also think once women engage in heedless (& emotionally painful) sex, their natural sexual pride makes it difficult for them to admit they make mistakes. Women generally always want to present the image, sexually, they are attractive & doing the right thing. This is why, in my personal opinion, Feminism is so dangerous & has been so harmful; why 25% of current women over 40yo are dependent upon anti-depressants. Women struggle to admit sexual vulnerability, weakness & hurt. They generally have too much sexual pride. Ego or saving-face takes precedence over morality. This silent politically-correct Feminist conspiracy blames others rather than themselves. Women harm each other by deceiving not only themselves but also men. This is the utter & tragic failure of left-wing Feminism (imo).
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 pm

DooDoot wrote:I tend to agree with Binocular, in that women/girls are unhealthily sexualised from any early age; particularly in the government education systems. What I personally think is an absolute non-sense is believing having a secondary school teacher & complementary therapist qualification would make a person an expert on these matters. I know qualified secondary school teachers who, from a moral perspective, cannot tell left from right, up from down, & have all manner of personal & child raising problems.
And of course you and your friend Binocular would know all there is to be known about women and girls and the educational systems in the UK and the USA when you both live in other countries....

Anyway, as you continually expound such astoundingly expert knowledge in all things from the elementary to the superhuman, what can I say except have a marvellous day, your eminence.

:hello:

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Aloka wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 pm
And of course you and your friend Binocular would know all there is to be known about women and girls and the educational systems in the UK and the USA when you both live in other countries....
Since this is a Buddhist forum, maybe we can start with comparing your U.K. secondary school curriculum with the Buddhist teachings. :reading:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati