Feminism for men

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Aloka

Re: Feminism for men

Post by Aloka » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:44 am

binocular wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:40 am
Aloka wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:34 am
As far as finding a female teacher goes, check around for Theravada nuns who give talks and advice
This is precisely what I did.
Feel free to pm me if you want to continue chatting later, binocular.

Must go now. :hello:

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:33 am

Stiphan wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:15 am
I am deeply concerned about the various issues and struggles that women and girls face on a daily basis and I want them to achieve emancipation and equality and equity. I don't know if that automatically makes me a feminist, but I should perhaps do more than just feel concern. Perhaps speaking up or writing on these issues would help inspire other men to do the same but, other than that, is there anything else I could do to help women and girls towards the achievement of equality and the other aims of feminism?

Also, it's not as if I am neglecting male rights, but let's face it - females have it much harder than us, their rights are nowhere near ours, they face discrimination and sexism, are being raped and physically and domestically assaulted, earn less on average, etc etc... I think that this state of affairs is horrendous and I can't stand not doing something about it.

May all females and males be happy and safe.
More men get raped than women. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... abuse.html

The wage gap is a myth. Debunked in 60 seconds.

Men experience more sexism than women. Just do a google search for "dumb white men" or something and check out how socially acceptable it is to crap all over men. The west is a misandrist self hating culture.

"Also, it's not as if I am neglecting male rights, but let's face it - females have it much harder than us, their rights are nowhere near ours, they face discrimination and sexism, are being raped and physically and domestically assaulted, earn less on average, etc etc... I think that this state of affairs is horrendous and I can't stand not doing something about it." Me thinks the gentleman doth protest too much. This is America. Women wake up in pajamas and eat pancakes. They'll be fine.

Here's a nice video below of some feminists protesting, shouting in mens faces, telling them they are disgusting rapist pigs. These are the people that want to make it illegal for men to say hi to women without their consent. That want to ban "romantic" dolls for men, but not for women. That made it illegal in sweden for men to buy prostitutes, but not for women to buy prostitutes. And of course, the women that walk around doing shirtless protests, then get mad when someone looks at them.

Currently bored and looking for problems - Feminism

mikenz66

Post by mikenz66 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:05 am

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 am

Even if there are a lot of men raped in Prison, the rapists are always men, when's the last time you heard of a woman rapist, not that they don't exist, but seriously!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 am

lyndon taylor wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 am
Even if there are a lot of men raped in Prison, the rapists are always men, when's the last time you heard of a woman rapist, not that they don't exist, but seriously!!
"Myra Hindley and Ian Brady were responsible for the “Moors murders” occurring in the Manchester area of Britain in the mid 1960’s. Together these two monsters were responsible for the kidnapping, sexual abuse, torture and murder of three children under the age of twelve and two teenagers, aged 16 and 17. A key found in Myra’s possession led to incriminating evidence stored at a left-luggage depot at Manchester Central Station. The evidence included a tape recording of one of the murder victims screaming as Hindley and Brady raped and tortured her."
Attachments
myra.jpg
myra.jpg (14.16 KiB) Viewed 595 times

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:00 am

Turmeric wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:54 am
lyndon taylor wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:12 am
"Myra Hindley and Ian Brady were responsible for the “Moors murders” occurring in the Manchester area of Britain in the mid 1960’s. Together these two monsters were responsible for the kidnapping, sexual abuse, torture and murder of three children under the age of twelve and two teenagers, aged 16 and 17. A key found in Myra’s possession led to incriminating evidence stored at a left-luggage depot at Manchester Central Station. The evidence included a tape recording of one of the murder victims screaming as Hindley and Brady raped and tortured her."
So you have to go back to the 60s to find a female rapist??
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

manas

Post by manas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Rather than encouraging men to take up the feminist mantle, how about, let's get men educated about how to father their sons better, so they can better model respectful behaviors towards women and girls - in other words, not remain overgrown boys, but grow into true men of integrity?

Here's a great book that deals with this: https://www.amazon.com/Raising-Boys-Thi ... 1607746026

:anjali:
Last edited by manas on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

Justsit

Post by Justsit » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:25 pm

manas wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Rather than encouraging men to take up the feminist mantle, how about, let's get men educated about how to father their sons better, so they can better model respectful behaviors towards women and girls - in other words, not remain overgrown boys, but grow into true men of integrity?

Here's a great book that deals with this.
:goodpost:

Do you have info on the book you mentioned?

ETA Ah, link just appeared, thanks.

manas

Post by manas » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:38 pm

Justsit wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:25 pm
manas wrote:

Here's a great book that deals with this.
:goodpost:

Do you have info on the book you mentioned?

ETA Ah, link just appeared, thanks.
No, but I read another book by this author entitled 'Manhood', which I found most helpful and informative, and upon this basis, I'd say his reputation for being able to help men better themselves, is deserved. https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/661283.Manhood

My point, and I suspect Biddulph would concur, is that the problem isn't men, it's a lack of true manhood. I'll leave it at that, and simply recommend folks give it a try.

Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

befriend

Post by befriend » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:38 pm

My late teacher Cynthia thatcher was a profoundly patient and loving Dhamma teacher who wrote an abhidhammic book based on the Bahiya sutta called just seeing. She was a student of Ajahn sobin s namto and helped clear up points on the Dhamma for me I emailed her almost everyday for about three years she taught me even when she had an illness. She was a woman but said even if there was no nibbana she still would practice it because it has helped her so much. Google dipa ma if you want a crash back to reality of the potential for Dhamma propagation and progress from a lay woman whom achieved at least the first two stages of sainthood without ordaining. Munindra ji instructed her in Mahasi style vipassana and in 5 days she attained stream entry.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 pm

manas wrote:

Here's a great book that deals with this: https://www.amazon.com/Raising-Boys-Thi ... 1607746026

Be prepared to also teach them why they keep getting friend-zoned, and walked all over, because their fathers taught them to pander to women, and act weird. It's a girl that picks her nose and farts, not an extraterrestrial.

Seriously though, what we really need to teach people is to not be like the feminist in this video below.

Gender isn't real, but my gender that doesn't actually exist is being oppressed by the other gender that doesn't actually exist - Feminism.

Justsit

Post by Justsit » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:55 am

Turmeric wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 pm
Be prepared to also teach them why they keep getting friend-zoned, and walked all over, because their fathers taught them to pander to women, and act weird.
Then perhaps the fathers need to step up and start doing a better job, as the author in books Manas referred to elucidates.

Women want to be treated with courtesy and respect, the same as men do. This isn't really rocket science. Treat others the way you want to be treated; if others don't do the same in return, move on.

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:03 am

Justsit wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:55 am
Turmeric wrote:
Be prepared to also teach them why they keep getting friend-zoned, and walked all over, because their fathers taught them to pander to women, and act weird.
Then perhaps the fathers need to step up and start doing a better job, as the author in books Manas referred to elucidates.

Women want to be treated with courtesy and respect, the same as men do. This isn't really rocket science. Treat others the way you want to be treated; if others don't do the same in return, move on.
You missed the point of my post. If anyone acts like the author of that book suggests, they will definitely stay a virgin forever.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:50 am

Turmeric wrote:
Be prepared to also teach them why they keep getting friend-zoned, and walked all over, because their fathers taught them to pander to women, and act weird. It's a girl that picks her nose and farts, not an extraterrestrial.
What is it that you actually want from women & how do these wants towards women relate to Buddhist conduct? Thanks
In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one member of a friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable situation for the rejected person.

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:20 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:50 am
Turmeric wrote:
What is it that you actually want from women & how do these wants towards women relate to Buddhist conduct? Thanks
In popular culture, the friend zone is a situation in which one member of a friendship wishes to enter into a romantic or sexual relationship, while the other does not. It is generally considered to be an undesirable situation for the rejected person.

The same wants that everyone else has, men and women both. To get laid. But this isn't about me. The subject was about feminism, then branched off into raising boys. Basically though, the point is, women aren't oppressed in western society, feminists are just complainers, don't turn your sons into pandering white knights, and most importantly, don't be a male feminist.