Feminism for men

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
binocular

Re: Feminism for men

Post by binocular » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 am

chownah wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:05 am
No they're not. What kind of bs is this?
Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

chownah

Post by chownah » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am

binocular wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:29 am
chownah wrote:
Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.
More bs. Women are not taught this.
chownah

denise

Post by denise » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:33 pm

hello all.....heard this years ago...."women give sex to get love...men give love to get sex".

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:39 pm

binocular wrote:In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex, and that if they have a problem with that, then there is something mentally wrong with them (and they should seek treatment).
binocular wrote:Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.
What? That's absolute nonsense - and I'm speaking from the point of view of a qualified secondary school teacher (and I'm also a qualified complementary therapist) who's lived in the UK all her life.

:anjali:
Last edited by Aloka on Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:44 pm

chownah wrote:
binocular wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:02 am

In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex,
chownah
Well said chownah. However I 'm bowing out of this topic for the second time because I'm busy doing other things and getting on with my non-internet life....

Byeee! :hello:

Sea Turtle

Post by Sea Turtle » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:49 pm

binocular wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:02 am
In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex, and that if they have a problem with that, then there is something mentally wrong with them (and they should seek treatment).
We do not have the freedom to question the current medical dogma about sex, and still be regarded as psychologically normal.
binocular wrote:
I've lived in the United States my entire life, and have spent my career working as a medical writer and researcher, and have never heard or encountered any such thing.

binocular

Post by binocular » Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm

chownah wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am
binocular wrote:
chownah wrote:
We are taught that having sex even when you don't want to have children is normal. Just follow this to its logical conclusions, and consider the current state of medical technology, and you can see what follows.
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:18 pm

Aloka wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:39 pm
binocular wrote:In Western culture, women are primed from early on to believe that it is necessary and acceptable to risk health and life for sex, and that if they have a problem with that, then there is something mentally wrong with them (and they should seek treatment).
binocular wrote:Women are taught to believe that sex is worth the harmful side-effects of hormonal contraceptives and abortions. Usually not directly (although there are people who will say "No pain, no gain" in such cases), but certainly indirectly.
What? That's absolute nonsense - and I'm speaking from the point of view of a qualified secondary school teacher (and I'm also a qualified complementary therapist) who's lived in the UK all her life.
I tend to agree with Binocular, in that women/girls are unhealthily sexualised from any early age; particularly in the government education systems. What I personally think is an absolute non-sense is believing having a secondary school teacher & complementary therapist qualification would make a person an expert on these matters. I know qualified secondary school teachers who, from a moral perspective, cannot tell left from right, up from down, & have all manner of personal & child raising problems. I personally 1st received government school education about reproduction at 8 years old then what was called "sex education" at 12 years old, which I recall from that time, was all about male condoms, female condoms, IUDs & the pill; how to obtain them & how to use them. (It was the only time in my entire life I learned about an "IUD"). It was taught in secondary school in both a manner & jest (heedlessness) that had the expectation we would engage in sex & thus require these contraception from a very young age. We also had a manic science teacher (who must have been a Bahai, Muslim or fundamental Xtian) who would manically show us movies about abortion (with chopped up baby limbs) as a counter to our sex education, obviously because he knew of the sex education we were receiving. I think it is quite obvious girls/women are conditioned by society to be heedless & fearless in relation to sex. I also think once women engage in heedless (& emotionally painful) sex, their natural sexual pride makes it difficult for them to admit they make mistakes. Women generally always want to present the image, sexually, they are attractive & doing the right thing. This is why, in my personal opinion, Feminism is so dangerous & has been so harmful; why 25% of current women over 40yo are dependent upon anti-depressants. Women struggle to admit sexual vulnerability, weakness & hurt. They generally have too much sexual pride. Ego or saving-face takes precedence over morality. This silent politically-correct Feminist conspiracy blames others rather than themselves. Women harm each other by deceiving not only themselves but also men. This is the utter & tragic failure of left-wing Feminism (imo).

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 pm

DooDoot wrote:I tend to agree with Binocular, in that women/girls are unhealthily sexualised from any early age; particularly in the government education systems. What I personally think is an absolute non-sense is believing having a secondary school teacher & complementary therapist qualification would make a person an expert on these matters. I know qualified secondary school teachers who, from a moral perspective, cannot tell left from right, up from down, & have all manner of personal & child raising problems.
And of course you and your friend Binocular would know all there is to be known about women and girls and the educational systems in the UK and the USA when you both live in other countries....

Anyway, as you continually expound such astoundingly expert knowledge in all things from the elementary to the superhuman, what can I say except have a marvellous day, your eminence.

:hello:

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:48 pm

Aloka wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:39 pm
And of course you and your friend Binocular would know all there is to be known about women and girls and the educational systems in the UK and the USA when you both live in other countries....
Since this is a Buddhist forum, maybe we can start with comparing your U.K. secondary school curriculum with the Buddhist teachings. :reading:

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:48 am

binocular wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:02 pm
chownah wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:59 am
binocular wrote:
We are taught that having sex even when you don't want to have children is normal. Just follow this to its logical conclusions, and consider the current state of medical technology, and you can see what follows.
The logical conclusion is that many people have sex and don't have children and many people have sex and do have children.....

You seem to think that sex is a death trap! :shrug:
You seem to be doing your best to change the topic of discussion towards some delusional alternate reality.......where people are not self realized agents are not able to learn about life and are not able to make decisions. Maybe this is how you see people....maybe this is how you see yourself.....it is not how I see people....it is not how I see myself....
chownah

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:50 am

chownah wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:48 am
You seem to think that sex is a death trap!
Maybe Binocular was possibly saying there is healthy (kusala) & unhealthy (akusala) sex.

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:05 am

DooDoot wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:50 am
chownah wrote:
Maybe Binocular was possibly saying there is healthy (kusala) & unhealthy (akusala) sex.
Maybe binocular is painting a delusional view of things and trying to pass it off as being the way things really are.....
chownah

Turmeric

Post by Turmeric » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:51 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:50 am
chownah wrote:
Healthy sex being the christian view of one wife, and no sex before marriage? Before western influence in Thailand, men married up to 100 girls at one time. Kings, who were also Buddhist teachers, had harems where massive sex orgies took place with 50+ girls. One of the Thai epics, Khun Chang Khun Paen (ขุนช้างขุนแผน) is a story all Thai students read in school. It is about Khun Paen, a sorcerer, martial artist, and soldier, that used love spells taught to him by his Buddhist Ajahn to seduce women. Thai people dangle his magical amulets around their necks to this day to attract mates. They also occasionally put their menstrual blood in a boys drink, because they think it will make him fall in love. Having spoken to some Thai Ruesi and Occultists, i've been told love spells aren't even bad karma. After westerners came to Thailand, and were trying to occupy it, they were insulting the Thais sexual practices, telling them they are backwards, and using this as an excuse to take over the country. So the king began changing things to prevent the country from being occupied. But still to this day, in the villages somewhat untouched by the west, you can find sexual practices that would make a foreigners jaw drop. And in monasteries you can find Ajahns selling magical love amulets depicting women in various sexual positions, including, but not limited to, getting banged by horses. As early as the 1960s, the Thai Prime Minister Sarit Thanarat (สฤษดิ์ ธนะรัชต์) died leaving behind 100 female concubines. He was loved by HM King Bhumibol, largely considered to be one of the greatest Buddhist Kings of all time. During his funeral, King Bhumibol touched heads with Sarit, depicting his connection to the virtue of the Dhammaraj, and the picture was distributed throughout the media for 2 years. In the Thai language, you can find on the internet numerous monks defending polygamy, 15-20-25 wives at one time, and using the polygamy in the suttas as their defense. Who is to say what type of sexual preference is good or bad? Lets just try not to hurt anyone, and not be too judgmental. :namaste:

denise

Post by denise » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:54 pm