Feminism for men

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Pseudobabble

Re: Feminism for men

Post by Pseudobabble » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 am

Mr Man wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:49 am
Pseudobabble wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:55 am
DooDoot wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:16 am
Rebellious disobedient women fighting back against the left-wing feminism that supports official globalist govt unregulated immigration.
Interesting stuff. You often post things which make me question my views DD, I like it.
Right wing propaganda! Right up your street?
I'm not sure I understand.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha

alfa

Post by alfa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 am

DooDoot wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:16 am
Rebellious disobedient women fighting back against the left-wing feminism that supports official globalist govt unregulated immigration.

Is this a parody of typical right-wing channels? Just wondering. These days it's hard to tell satire from the real ones.

Justsit

Post by Justsit » Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm

alfa wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 am
Is this a parody of typical right-wing channels? Just wondering. These days it's hard to tell satire from the real ones.
Information about the alt-right organization that produced the videos. https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/ ... bia/219260

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:07 am

Greetings,
Justsit wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm
Information about the alt-right organization that produced the videos. https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/2018/ ... bia/219260
Information about the dubious, globalist, anti-Trump organization looking to denounce these videos. The Alefantis / Brock connection

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:32 am

Mr Man wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:49 am
Right wing propaganda! Right up your street?
Justsit wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 1:55 pm
One of the claims made in the video is that the German state is suppressing information which shows the migrants in a negative light. The MediaMatters article claims this is not the case.

Since everyone seems to be questioning the sauce, try some delicious Economist (hard for anyone to claim they are biased). Some excerpts:
A number of the newcomers from the Middle East and Africa are anti-Semitic. Confronting such ills without encroaching too much on freedom of expression is tricky.
Which is putting it mildly.

MediaMatters claims:
the portrayal of immigrant men (particularly Muslims) as predisposed toward sexual violence
Mmmhmmm. Here are the facts.

MM further says:
the baseless accusation that law enforcement is involved in a cover-up of violent crime by immigrant populations.
The Economist has this to say:
On December 8th Israeli flags were burned at the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin in response to Donald Trump’s recognition of Jerusalem as the country’s capital. Despite accompanying chants of “Israel, murderer of children”, the local police said the act was covered by freedom of speech legislation and was thus protected
We can add to that the Chancellor's disgusting behaviour toward her own citizens, for the purpose of maintaining diplomatic relations with a brutal Islamist dictator:
Last April the chancellor declined to block the prosecution of Jan Böhmermann, a German comedian who had made crude jokes about Mr Erdogan, under an archaic law against insulting foreign heads of state (which has since been repealed).

I'll just list some more articles here:
FT - German media accused of one-sided coverage of refugee crisis
BBC - Germany: Migrants 'may have fuelled violent crime rise'
Reuters - Violent crime rises in Germany and is attributed to refugees
Bloomberg - Germany Must Come to Terms With Refugee Crime
Telegraph - Migrant crime in Germany rises by 50 per cent, new figures show
Telegraph - Failed asylum seekers blamed for rise in violent crime in Germany

I hope this is enough to show that the matter is not simple, and we cannot just write off these women as 'alt-right', and thereby imply that they are evil bigoted morons.

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 am

Pseudobabble wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:32 am

I hope this is enough to show that the matter is not simple, and we cannot just write off these women as 'alt-right', and thereby imply that they are evil bigoted morons.
The matter may not be simple but the videos are right wing propaganda. If you think promoting the extreme right is good, well good for you :clap:

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:28 am

Mr Man wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:16 am
Pseudobabble wrote:

The matter may not be simple but the videos are right wing propaganda. If you think promoting the extreme right is good, well good for you :clap:
You are very certain that you know what's going on aren't you Mr Man? It must be very easy for you: 'this one is evil, this one is good'. I don't tend to trust my views quite as much as you apparently do - I prefer to leave some space for the possibility that there might be other aspects to a matter which I don't necessarily see clearly. Would that my sight were as good as yours.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 am

Pseudobabble wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:28 am
Mr Man wrote:
Pseudobabble wrote:

You are very certain that you know what's going on aren't you Mr Man? It must be very easy for you: 'this one is evil, this one is good'. I don't tend to trust my views quite as much as you apparently do - I prefer to leave some space for the possibility that there might be other aspects to a matter which I don't necessarily see clearly. Would that my sight were as good as yours.
This is not about me! The clips are right wing propaganda that is all. Does it bother you that that has been flagged up?

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 am

Mr Man wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:39 am
Pseudobabble wrote:
Mr Man wrote:

This is not about me! The clips are right wing propaganda that is all. Does it bother you that that has been flagged up?
Correction: it is your assertion that the video is 'right wing propaganda'. Such a statement has no significance beyond it being your opinion.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:21 pm

Someone would have to conduct a study to see exactly how much violence against women comes from immigrants in order to verify.

But it certainly seems like the videos are right-wing propaganda.

Unfortunately, I think this is the type of propaganda people like.
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

chownah

Post by chownah » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 pm

Pseudobabble wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:55 am
Mr Man wrote:
Pseudobabble wrote:

Correction: it is your assertion that the video is 'right wing propaganda'. Such a statement has no significance beyond it being your opinion.
Do you dispute that the video was produced by members of the right wing?...do you dispute that it is propoganda?
It seems pretty clear that it is right wing propoganda.
chownah

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:24 pm

chownah wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 pm
Pseudobabble wrote:
Mr Man wrote:

Do you dispute that the video was produced by members of the right wing?...do you dispute that it is propoganda?
chownah
I think it rather depends on where on the political spectrum one sits - from a point further right, this might seem liberal. From an extreme left wing position, Stalin might seem like a right-winger. It's all relative. Besides, fact is orthogonal to ideology.

I'd like to ask you to define the difference between opinion and propaganda.

robertk

Post by robertk » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:53 pm

Pseudobabble wrote: .

it all depends who says it?
5ee34e570d3faea27a99d890183a4c44---events-donald-trump.jpg
5ee34e570d3faea27a99d890183a4c44---events-donald-trump.jpg (14.8 KiB) Viewed 247 times

chownah

Post by chownah » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:09 pm

Pseudobabble wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:24 pm
chownah wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:29 pm
Pseudobabble wrote:

chownah
I think it rather depends on where on the political spectrum one sits - from a point further right, this might seem liberal. From an extreme left wing position, Stalin might seem like a right-winger. It's all relative. Besides, fact is orthogonal to ideology.

Where one sits on the political spectrum only changes the word one would use to denote the political position....it doesn't change what the political beliefs/views are which were formative in making the video. Call it by whatever name you want or compare it to positions farther right or left but it is still the same thing only with a different name. I think it is pretty clear what has been meant by "right wing" in this exchange....if you aren't sure then just read up on the position of those who made the video and accept that that is what is meant.

One difference between opinion and propoganda is that opinion in and of itself is passive in that it is simply defining a position while propaganda is always active in that it always tries to sway people's position. I could just say that I think that immigrants are rapists and that would be me stating an opinion or I could produce a film trying to convince people that immigrants are rapists and that would be propoganda.

Interesting that you claim that fact is orthogonal to ideology. I think that in general this is usually true for the most part......but what is interesting is that you would assert that there is a thing called "fact" at all since you also claim that "it's all relative" which you seem to use to deny the existence of "facts".
chownah