George Soros is not the evil mastermind behind a liberal conspiracy.

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
lyndon taylor

Re: George Soros is not the evil mastermind behind a liberal conspiracy.

Post by lyndon taylor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 pm

I don't think there is anything such as an altruistic Billionaire, only out to do good. All billionaires almost by definition had to do something sneaky, unethical or dishonest in order to make all their money, even the Apple and Microsoft founders routinely ripped off software and engineering expertise from competitors. How much they give to charity is more a measure of how guilty they feel about how unethically they made their BIllions. IMHO

Money corrupts, absolutely.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

kverty

Post by kverty » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:35 am

lyndon taylor wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 pm
I don't think there is anything such as an altruistic Billionaire, only out to do good. All billionaires almost by definition had to do something sneaky, unethical or dishonest in order to make all their money, even the Apple and Microsoft founders routinely ripped off software and engineering expertise from competitors. How much they give to charity is more a measure of how guilty they feel about how unethically they made their BIllions. IMHO

Money corrupts, absolutely.
I doubt their charity donations has anything to do with guilt but more of a way to present themselves as benevolent "philanthropists" in the public eye, it's all PR.

Upeksha

Post by Upeksha » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:35 am

It's really sad that Dhammawheel has got to this level of madness. It almost makes me wonder if it is being deliberately sabotaged. Mods should certainly have a good think about their policy - a lot has changed in cyber space since I last used to post around 2012.....

There's plenty of places on the internet to indulge in toxic culture wars. There's nothing remotely Dhammic about posting such content, and I think, a pretty dire heresy to dress it up on some morally righteous platform of honest speech.