George Soros is not the evil mastermind behind a liberal conspiracy.

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
L.N.

George Soros is not the evil mastermind behind a liberal conspiracy.

Post by L.N. » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:07 pm
How George Soros Is Playing Both Ends Of The Syrian Refugee Chaos

George Soros, the hedge fund speculator turned self-proclaimed philanthropist, and his tax-exempt foundations, are an integral part of that pre-emptive war machine.
retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:13 pm
Greetings,
Mr Man wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:19 pm
The Farage video seems totally off topic. Maybe you need to start a new topic for Soros intrigue.
It's very much on topic, because it draws attention to how George Soros, through the use of his foundations etc. buys out corrupt politicians in both the U.S. and Europe, and pays them to do his bidding on these matters... including the mass immigration of Muslims into Europe & US.
retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:49 am
... For what it's worth, a link was provided to Breitbart primarily because Breitbart will actually report on these matters, whereas the majority of mainstream media organisations are advocates of censorship in support of left-wing and globalist ideals (and protecting themselves from "conspiracy theories" about them being sexual predators, working for the CIA &/or George Soros-funded media organisations, aligned with political campaigns etc.), and are therefore far less motivated to voluntarily bring attention to such matters. They would much rather manipulate than draw attention to the manipulation.
No. No. No. I know people love to invent a boogey man, but George Soros is not the Real Dr. Evil.
What better guy to portray as the brain to which the entire progressive movement is beholden? The movement is easier to demonize when it seems like it's all the machination of one rich evil bastard. In reality, what he's doing is fairly innocuous. Indeed, Soros has done some good in the world by funding district attorneys who oppose the War on (Some) Drugs (so he can smoke dope in Albany?).
Source.
suriyopama wrote:
Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:56 am
WOW! This starts to look like the globalist agenda of manipulation exposed at The Soros Leaks :spy:
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

愿众佛坐在我的头顶, 佛法在我的眼中, 僧伽,功德的根源, 端坐在我的肩上。

chownah

Re: George Soros is not the evil mastermind behind a liberal conspiracy.

Post by chownah » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:44 am

If you are powerful and you actually try to do something in the world and you are on the other side then you are part of that evil machine......and if you are really powerful and really try to do something in the world and you are on the other side then you must be the mastermind of that evil machine.
Politics is a stupid game for mostly stupid people.
chownah

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:55 am

L.N. wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 am
No. No. No. I know people love to invent a boogey man, but George Soros is not the Real Dr. Evil.
Obviously, this seems to be saying you can refute as lies each claim made in this video? For example, when I personally was in Penang Malaysia in 1997 on the day when the Malaysian Ringgit was pegged to the US dollar, this was unrelated to George Soros?

Last edited by DooDoot on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:01 am

Doctor Evil works in mysterious ways....

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 am

L.N. wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 am
Tell me why George Soros (who has been outspoken against the War on Terror :roll: ) and seven other Jewish donors (from the top ten) would want to finance a war-maker & supporter of the War on Terror such as Hillary Clinton & Obama? Also, why would an unrepentant Nazi collaborator such as George Soros used the phrase 'Nazi' in a derogatory manner? Why would George Soros, an advocate for 'democracy', also be a 'Globalist' (given the impossibility of democracy functioning in a global structure)? :shrug:
The following are the biggest donors to Clinton's campaign:

1. Dustin Moskovitz and Cari Tuna: $35 million (including donations to non-partisan voter registration efforts)
Facebook co-founder Dustin Moskovitz and his wife Cari Tuna revealed their plans to support the Democrats with donations in two Medium posts, one in the first week of September and one in early October. They said, "Like many Democratic voters, we don’t support every plank of the platform, but it is clear that if Secretary Clinton wins the election, America will advance much further toward the world we hope to see. If Donald Trump wins, the country will fall backward, and become more isolated from the global community."

In September, Moskovitz said they gave a total of $20 million to pro-Clinton, pro-Democrat organizations including the Hillary Victory Fund, the DSCC, and the DCCC, the League of Conservation Voters (LCV) Victory Fund, For Our Future PAC, MoveOn.org Political Action, Color Of Change PAC and several nonpartisan voter registration efforts. In October, Moskovitz contributed $15 million to policy advocacy organizations, including the PUA super PAC, and $7 million to nonpartisan voter registration and get-out-the-vote efforts. He donated $2.5 million to the PUA super PAC in September and $5 million in October.

2. Donald Sussman, Paloma Partners: $21,100,000
The president of this Connecticut-based hedge fund donated $21 million to the PUA super PAC and $100,000 to the Correct the Record super PAC. Correct the Record collects money to pay for personnel whose job it is to defend Clinton online. Of the total figure, $2 million was given in October for which the filings haven't been released yet.

3. Jay Robert Pritzker and Mary Pritzker, Pritzker Group and Pritzker Family Foundation: $12,600,000
JB, the heir to the Hyatt Hotel fortune and co-founder of an investment firm, donated to the PUA super PAC along with his wife. The Pritzker Family Foundation led by Jay Robert also donated to PUA super PAC.

4. Haim Saban and Cheryl Saban, Saban Capital Group: $10,000,000
Chairman of Univision Communications Haim Saban has been a long-time friend of Clinton, and his wife Cheryl sits on the board of the Clinton Foundation. Both donated separately to the PUA super PAC.

5. George Soros, Soros Fund Management: $9,525,000
The 85-year-old billionaire has been vocal about his disdain for Trump. He donated $9.5 million to the PUA super PAC and $25,000 to the Ready super PAC.

6. S. Daniel Abraham, SDA Enterprises: $9,000,000
The 91-year-old sold his weight loss brand Slim-Fast to Unilever for $2.3 billion in 2000. He advocates for a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine and is the founder of the S. Daniel Abraham Center for Middle East Peace. He donated to the PUA super PAC.

7. Fred Eychaner, Newsweb Corporation: $8,005,400
Eychaner is the founder and chairman of Newsweb, a Chicago media company.He donated to the PUA super PAC and Clinton's campaign committee.

8. James Simons, Euclidean Capital: $7,000,000
The billionaire hedge fund manager and mathematician donated to the PUA super PAC.

9. Henry Laufer and Marsha Laufer, Renaissance Technologies: $5,500,000
Henry is a director at Renaissance Technologies, an investment management firm founded by James Simon, #7 on this list. Marsha served as the chairwoman of Brookhaven Democratic Party. The Laufers donated to the PUA super PAC and Henry gave $500,000 to the Correct the Record Super PAC.

10. Laure Woods, Laurel Foundation: $5 million
Laure Woods is the president and founder of Laurel Foundation, a private foundation focused on the education, health and welfare of children

Read more: Top 10 Contributors to the Clinton Campaign (FB, H) | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/articles/i ... z50wk2hYCp

chownah

Post by chownah » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:40 am

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 am
Do you have any references to support what you have brought?
chownah
Last edited by retrofuturist on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Verbatim copy of DooDoot's above post, edited out

L.N.

Post by L.N. » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:26 am
Tell me why George Soros (who has been outspoken against the War on Terror :roll: ) and seven other Jewish donors (from the top ten) would want to finance a war-maker & supporter of the War on Terror such as Hillary Clinton & Obama? Also, why would an unrepentant Nazi collaborator such as George Soros used the phrase 'Nazi' in a derogatory manner? Why would George Soros, an advocate for 'democracy', also be a 'Globalist' (given the impossibility of democracy functioning in a global structure)? :shrug:
These comments are hallmarks of the fringe right. I am not labeling you. You are entitled to your views. But this comment of yours is nonsense.
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 pm

L.N. wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:50 pm
These comments are hallmarks of the fringe right. I am not labeling you. You are entitled to your views. But this comment of yours is nonsense.
My comments accord with what has been made known & with morality (sila) :geek: rather than with the adhammic slander of "fringe right". Where as your comments appear to accord with ignoble speech in Buddhism because you have provided no evidence to support your claims about George Soros.

* Financing politicians to gain influence is illegal in most democracies because it is immoral.

* Hillary Clinton was a war creator, a rejoicer in the murder of (benevolent) Muammar Gaddafi & always voted for the War on Terror. This is immoral according to Buddhism.

* George Soros was a self-admitted Nazi collaborator, stealing the property of Jews during WW2. Stealing is immoral in Buddhism.

* George Soros expressed no remorse for his stealing from Jews. This is immoral according to Buddhism.

* Destroying local democracy via promoting global corporate govt is contrary to the advice of the Buddha in Buddhism. It is immoral.
Conditions of a Nation's Welfare

At that time the Venerable Ananda was standing behind the Blessed One, fanning him, and the Blessed One addressed the Venerable Ananda thus: "What have you heard, Ananda: do the Vajjis have frequent gatherings, and are their meetings well attended?"

"I have heard, Lord, that this is so."

"So long, Ananda, as this is the case, the growth of the Vajjis is to be expected, not their decline.

"What have you heard, Ananda: do the Vajjis assemble and disperse peacefully and attend to their affairs in concord?"

"I have heard, Lord, that they do."

"So long, Ananda, as this is the case, the growth of the Vajjis is to be expected, not their decline.

"What have you heard, Ananda: do the Vajjis neither enact new decrees nor abolish existing ones, but proceed in accordance with their ancient constitutions?"

"What have you heard, Ananda: do the Vajjis show respect, honor, esteem, and veneration towards their elders and think it worthwhile to listen to them?"

"What have you heard, Ananda: do the Vajjis refrain from abducting women and maidens of good families and from detaining them?"

"I have heard, Lord, that they refrain from doing so."

"What have you heard, Ananda: do the Vajjis show respect, honor, esteem, and veneration towards their shrines, both those within the city and those outside it, and do not deprive them of the due offerings as given and made to them formerly?"

"I have heard, Lord, that they do venerate their shrines, and that they do not deprive them of their offerings."

"What have you heard, Ananda: do the Vajjis duly protect and guard the arahats, so that those who have not come to the realm yet might do so, and those who have already come might live there in peace?"

"So long, Ananda, as this is the case, the growth of the Vajjis is to be expected, not their decline."

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .vaji.html

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 pm

Greetings,
DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 pm
My comments accord with what has been made known & with morality (sila) :geek: rather than with the adhammic slander of "fringe right". Where as your comments appear to accord with ignoble speech in Buddhism because you have provided no evidence to support your claims about George Soros.
Well said.

It is highly odd that a topic whose purpose is apparently to demonstrate that "George Soros is not the evil mastermind behind a liberal conspiracy", has, as you said to the OP, "provided no evidence to support your claims". All I've seen presented by participants, including the OP himself, is evidence contrary to the title of the topic.

:shrug:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:00 am

I know some people don't like wikipedia, but actually I think it's pretty good, because vandalism and biased reports, conspiracies, etc are removed rather quickly and so it is not perfect, but very objective.
From his bio page on wikipedia:
By September 16, 1992, Black Wednesday, Soros's fund had sold short more than $10 billion in pounds,[48] profiting from the UK government's reluctance to either raise its interest rates to levels comparable to those of other European Exchange Rate Mechanism countries or float its currency.

Finally, the UK withdrew from the European Exchange Rate Mechanism, devaluing the pound. Soros's profit on the bet was estimated at over $1 billion.[56] He was dubbed "the man who broke the Bank of England."[57] The estimated cost of Black Wednesday to the UK Treasury was £3.4 billion.[58]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_So ... ound_short
In 1999, economist Paul Krugman was critical of Soros's effect on financial markets.

[N]obody who has read a business magazine in the last few years can be unaware that these days there really are investors who not only move money in anticipation of a currency crisis, but actually do their best to trigger that crisis for fun and profit. These new actors on the scene do not yet have a standard name; my proposed term is 'Soroi'.[64]

pulga

Post by pulga » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:14 am

His bearishness in the wake of Donald Trump's election victory cost him quite a bit.

Billionaire George Soros Lost Nearly $1 Billion in Weeks After Trump Election

aflatun

Post by aflatun » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:31 am

Who is George Soros, a character in the new Star Wars movie?
"People often get too quick to say 'there's no self. There's no self...no self...no self.' There is self, there is focal point, its not yours. That's what not self is."

Ninoslav Ñāṇamoli
Senses and the Thought-1, 42:53

"Those who create constructs about the Buddha,
Who is beyond construction and without exhaustion,
Are thereby damaged by their constructs;
They fail to see the Thus-Gone.

That which is the nature of the Thus-Gone
Is also the nature of this world.
There is no nature of the Thus-Gone.
There is no nature of the world."

Nagarjuna
MMK XXII.15-16

L.N.

Post by L.N. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:47 pm
Greetings,
DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 pm
Well said.

It is highly odd that a topic whose purpose is apparently to demonstrate that "George Soros is not the evil mastermind behind a liberal conspiracy", has, as you said to the OP, "provided no evidence to support your claims". All I've seen presented by participants, including the OP himself, is evidence contrary to the title of the topic.

:shrug:

Metta,
Paul. :)
This is not well said at all. The OP is not "adhammic slander of 'fringe right.'" It's fine if you believe all the conspiracy theories. Be my guest.
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

L.N.

Post by L.N. » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:33 am

pulga wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:47 pm
If you have noticed an influx of liberal trolls in comment feeds and throughout social media sniping the top comments on say: fox news facebook comments. Or Donald Trump’s twitter, it is important to understand, these are not normal people, this is a concerted effort by George Soros funded Media Matters, to target and destroy traditional conservative media, and “alt-media” all together. This is not an organic manifestation, rather a multi million dollar effort. It get’s better, we have Media Matter’s leaked playbook.
Invasion of the comment snatchers! Media Matters social media “trolling” playbook leaked!!!

This strategy is clearly evident on a number of comment sections I peruse from time to time, e.g. Fox News and The Hill. It seems any conservative view riles them. Let's just hope that DW doesn't become one of their targets.
But I suppose the term "liberal trolls" is neither an inappropriate label nor an effort to smear. That kind of thing is ok here, whereas even using the term "alt-right" with reference to commentary can get one banned.
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

pulga

Post by pulga » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:52 am

L.N. wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:33 am
But I suppose the term "liberal trolls" is neither an inappropriate label nor an effort to smear. That kind of thing is ok here, whereas even using the term "alt-right" with reference to commentary can get one banned.
Are you coming to this website at the behest of Media Matters? No one is accusing you of being a liberal troll.

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:58 pm

I don't think there is anything such as an altruistic Billionaire, only out to do good. All billionaires almost by definition had to do something sneaky, unethical or dishonest in order to make all their money, even the Apple and Microsoft founders routinely ripped off software and engineering expertise from competitors. How much they give to charity is more a measure of how guilty they feel about how unethically they made their BIllions. IMHO

Money corrupts, absolutely.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/