Pope and the Muslim Card: Pity the Buddhists and Hindus of the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Rakhine

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Kusala

Pope and the Muslim Card: Pity the Buddhists and Hindus of the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Rakhine

Post by Kusala » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:45 am

http://moderntokyotimes.com/?p=8106

"Decade after decade the indigenous Buddhists and Hindus of both regions face Islamization by stealth. Hence, it was hoped that the Pope would raise awareness because various indigenous groups feel abandoned internationally. Instead, the Pope, just like the mass Western and Islamic media, sided with Gulf petrodollars and a relentless campaign of well-paid individuals plying the “Muslim victim card’..."

"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "

binocular

Re: Pope and the Muslim Card: Pity the Buddhists and Hindus of the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Rakhine

Post by binocular » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:15 am

Kusala wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:45 am
http://moderntokyotimes.com/?p=8106
"Decade after decade the indigenous Buddhists and Hindus of both regions face Islamization by stealth. Hence, it was hoped that the Pope would raise awareness because various indigenous groups feel abandoned internationally. Instead, the Pope, just like the mass Western and Islamic media, sided with Gulf petrodollars and a relentless campaign of well-paid individuals plying the “Muslim victim card’..."
Well, what else was to be expected?
That a Catholic pope would in any way endorse the rights of what he believes are atheists and idol-worshippers??

Some people get carried away by the current pope's apparent amicability and reconciliatory tones. But he is still the pope, still the head of an organization that considers itself to have the auhtority over the lives and deaths of every being on this planet, for now and forever.

lyndon taylor

Re: Pope and the Muslim Card: Pity the Buddhists and Hindus of the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Rakhine

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am

The pope plays your "Muslim victim card" because in this case the victims are Muslim, not Buddhist.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:04 am

Kusala wrote:
At the same time, growing Sunni Islamic terrorism is killing people in several European nations and vast numbers of people from the Sunni Muslim faith are being monitored based on links to terrorist activities.
The above is very wrong. The terrorists follow the Wahhabi (not 'Sunni') ideology of US-NATO allies Saudi Arabia & Qatar. The video below by a Syrian Muslim girl offers some common sense.

Kusala wrote:
Yet, the legacy of the British Empire enabled what countless Islamic invasions failed to do, in other words, the British handed this land to Muslim rulers. Hence, the legacy of countless Islamic invasions of the Indian subcontinent, that led to the utter devastation of parts of this area for Buddhists and Hindus based on war, plunder, forced conversion, slavery, destruction of temples, and other barbaric ills; was finally rubber-stamped by the British Empire when two Muslim states were cut out of mother India....

Decade after decade the indigenous Buddhists and Hindus of both regions face Islamization by stealth. Hence, it was hoped that the Pope would raise awareness because various indigenous groups feel abandoned internationally. Instead, the Pope, just like the mass Western and Islamic media, sided with Gulf petrodollars and a relentless campaign of well-paid individuals playing the “Muslim victim card’ in several nations ranging from America, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, and the United Kingdom. In other words, the Pope sided with the Sunni Islamist agenda, the usual false Western narrative that created mass suffering in Libya and Syria (to name just two nations), and supported the one-sided agenda that ignores the clear reality of Islamization and a Bengali Muslim land grab in the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Rakhine – this is backed up by the shifting demographics.
The above is contradicted; a mixture of right & wrong, because Libya & Syria were/are also secular & genuine Muslim nations. However, at least the article identifies the problem accurately, which is the US-UK-Saudi terrorist alliance.
In February 2014, east of Benghazi, seven Coptic Christians were dragged out of their houses in the middle of the night, shot in the head execution-style, and killed. On January 12, 2015, twenty-one Coptic Christians were abducted by forces of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL). On February 15, 2015 those 21 Christians were executed by ISIL shown in a video "A Message Signed with Blood to the Nation of the Cross." On April 19, 2015, ISIL released another video in which they executed about 30 Ethiopian Christians.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_Libya
Most Libyans adhere to the Sunni branch of Islam, which provides both a spiritual guide for individuals and a keystone for government policy. ... Libya has a small presence of Ahmadis and Shias consisting of Pakistani immigrants, though unrecongnized by the state .

Islam in Libya - Wikipedia

chownah

Post by chownah » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:01 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:58 am
The pope plays your "Muslim victim card" because in this case the victims are Muslim, not Buddhist.
Good post. Now that the non muslims have abused the muslims for so long that the muslims are organizing to defend themselves and in the process this really does open the door to outside influences do you think that that pretty soon it is likely that there will be victims of all sorts happening as the situation spirals into chaos? (Maybe this is starting to happen already?)
chownah