The Truth About The Rohingya Lie

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Sam Vara

Re: The Truth About The Rohingya Lie

Post by Sam Vara » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm

This thread has gone off-topic, but in a fascinating and possibly fruitful way. Is there any merit in starting a new thread about the media which we use to access the news, and the processes we all use (conscious and unconscious) in prioritising and favouring some sources over others? I'm conscious of having quite strong views about certain topics which I have absolutely no personal experience of. I'm completely reliant on the "information" provided by others. Do we select those sources based on pre-existing preferences, or do the prejudices arise from an impartial reading of the facts? (Where I live, I'm more likely to run into an arahant than a Rohingya! :tongue: )

Kusala

Post by Kusala » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Sam Vara wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:54 pm
This thread has gone off-topic, but in a fascinating and possibly fruitful way. Is there any merit in starting a new thread about the media which we use to access the news, and the processes we all use (conscious and unconscious) in prioritising and favouring some sources over others? I'm conscious of having quite strong views about certain topics which I have absolutely no personal experience of. I'm completely reliant on the "information" provided by others. Do we select those sources based on pre-existing preferences, or do the prejudices arise from an impartial reading of the facts? (Where I live, I'm more likely to run into an arahant than a Rohingya! :tongue: )

I'm going to start a whole new thread a little later...it's real powerful...

"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "

Kusala

Hindu Poet Denounces Fake News!

Post by Kusala » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 pm

A Hindu poet penned this raw, powerful, heart wrenching poem...

Here is a little background...Hindu villagers were slaughtered en masse by Muslim terrorists and the mainstream media have gone to great lengths to manipulate the facts...

Last edited by Kusala on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Okay ... :focus:

Please add this to your reading list, Kusala. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-06/m ... ys/9230366.

:namaste:
Kim

Kusala

Post by Kusala » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:47 pm

Kim OHara wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Please add this to your reading list, Kusala. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-06/m ... ys/9230366.

Kim
Kim, I read it...will post a response...

chownah

Re: Hindu Poet Denounces Fake News!

Post by chownah » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 am

Kusala wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 pm

Here is a little background...Hindu villagers were slaughtered en masse by Muslim terrorists and the mainstream media have gone to great lengths to manipulate the facts...

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/23vlq2p.jpg ... .jpg[/IMG]
Abuse of the rohingya arose in about 2012 and went on unabated. In 2016 muslim militants became evident in this crisis. How long did you think that the rohingya would suffer this abuse before organising to resist this abuse?....even then the muslim militants were armed with clubs and knives.....you can be assure that if the violence in this humanitarian crisis is not halted then guns will arrive in the hands of muslim militants (if they haven't already).....the myanmar military is using them already.

People who have been following this as it developed often wondered how long it would take before muslim militants started fighting back.....the wait is over....they are here. The myanmar gov't could not have provided a better invitation for muslim militance.....the future looks grim especially when/if the voices of blame are heard louder than the voices urging to stop the violence.
chownah

Kim OHara

Re: Hindu Poet Denounces Fake News!

Post by Kim OHara » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:16 am

chownah wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:50 am
Kusala wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:51 pm

[IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/23vlq2p.jpg ... .jpg[/IMG]
Abuse of the rohingya arose in about 2012 and went on unabated. In 2016 muslim militants became evident in this crisis. How long did you think that the rohingya would suffer this abuse before organising to resist this abuse?....even then the muslim militants were armed with clubs and knives.....you can be assure that if the violence in this humanitarian crisis is not halted then guns will arrive in the hands of muslim militants (if they haven't already).....the myanmar military is using them already.

People who have been following this as it developed often wondered how long it would take before muslim militants started fighting back.....the wait is over....they are here. The myanmar gov't could not have provided a better invitation for muslim militance.....the future looks grim especially when/if the voices of blame are heard louder than the voices urging to stop the violence.
chownah
:goodpost:
- sad as the scenario is.

Kim

Kusala

Post by Kusala » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:28 am

Kim OHara wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:23 pm

Kim

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:59 am

That's great, Kusala!
:twothumbsup:
Just what I needed!!
:thanks:
I've been looking for a nice short text to play Logical Fallacies Bingo with, and this is perfect!
Could you check it carefully for me against this list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies and see how many you can find? I got to six before the end of the first paragraph on my first read through but I haven't got time to really look at it properly.

Kim

dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:04 am

These are the same sources as your original post who are people charged with anti-muslim hate speech/crimes in Canada. You still haven't addressed how dodgy your "sources" are. Rick Heizman is a well known racist (and highly active in Northern California). My guess is you know that, being interested in "aryan history" as you are.

Kusala

Post by Kusala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 am

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:37 am

What possible difference does it make what you call the Rakhine state Muslims, the point is they are being horribly oppressed, murdered and raped, and you seem to think that is OK??
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:41 am

Greetings Lyndon,

Has anyone said that people being murdered or raped is OK?

I don't remember anyone saying or implying this. Perhaps you could show where this was said, so we can rule out the possibility of this allegation being mere projection or conjecture on your part?

Thanks.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:55 am

Well there has been a lot of defending of the murdering and raping Buddhist soldiers in Rakhine.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:59 am

Greetings Lyndon,

I must have missed that too.

Again, feel free to point to a post where people are defending rape and murder, in order to demonstrate that this isn't mere projection or conjecture on your part.

Thank you.

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 am

They are defending rape and murder by denying that it is happening when all credible sources point to it being a reality.

Kusala

Post by Kusala » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 am

Committee to report Rohingya refugees for false rape claims

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2015 ... laims.html

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am

So you blame the victims???

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 am

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:11 am
So you blame the victims???
What do you mean by "blame the victims"?

What exactly are you alleging that a member is doing?

Metta,

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:24 am

The women were raped by indonesians in an Indonesian refugee camp for Rohingya refugees (this has nothing to do with the situation in Myanmar)and of course the Indonesian government denies they were raped, as if we can believe everything the Indonesian government says, Its basically blaming the victims.