Criticism of Islam

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by DooDoot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:54 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:43 pm
....

If the Russian govt the bombing, this is evil. :focus:

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 19452
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by retrofuturist » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 pm

Greetings,

The prediction from March 9th...
retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 am
... however, I'm predicting things will improve in Iran in a similar manner to...
Tillerson sacking spells doom for Iran nuclear deal :thumbsup:

Iran protesters ready to signal 'new day' for regime :thumbsup:


"On the eve of Nowruz, Iranian female heroes brought happiness and beauty to the streets of Iran without fear of the government and its oppressors. Thus the eyes of the goddess are out in full style!

Dedicated to the blind eyes of the Basij and the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, in the hopes that we see Islamic rule, the turban, and the clerics thrust into the wells of Iran.

And in the hopes that the Iranian people will express themselves, and Iran will once again be a country of happiness."
Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 am
... however, I'm predicting things will improve in Iran in a similar manner to...
Have you lived in Iran? :shrug:
retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 pm
Tillerson sacking spells doom for Iran nuclear deal :thumbsup:

Iran protesters ready to signal 'new day' for regime :thumbsup:

And in the hopes that the Iranian people will express themselves, and Iran will once again be a country of happiness."
Metta,
Paul. :)
Hi Paul

I doubt there is any real metta in this NWO Imperialist Cultural Marxist post. Trump has just appointed a war hawk & torturer.

Metta is wishing well for people; that they be free from harm; that they abide in safety. Fake government protests resulted in the deaths & dislocation of millions of people in Kosovo, Libya & Syria.

I would suggest to ask yourself what the majority of Iranian people want & then confirm that answer with facts. As for Iranian women, maybe some research or education is required here, also.

Regards
Pompeo in His Own Words on Iran

“I look forward to rolling back this disastrous deal with the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism.” --Nov. 17, 2016, on his personal Twitter account, which was de-activated once he became head of the CIA

“Iran has always made a devil’s bargain with al Qaeda to protect them in many ways. And that protection was often contingent on a deal which said if we protect you, you won’t attack us here in Tehran.” --Sept. 11, 2017, interview with Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -on-allies


Last edited by DooDoot on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:17 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
manas
Posts: 2450
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by manas » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:05 am

Circle5 wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:09 pm
History shows the whole world as butchers par exceclence, and the europeans as the first civilized area of the world who managed to stop slavery, stop wars, invent democracy and improve living conditions for the whole world through the french revolution and industrial revolution. Without the europeans, we would still be living in the middle ages.
We may have invented the concept of Democracy, but I'd like to know where in the world, it is actually being practiced. No-one gets into real positions of power in my country (Australia), unless they obey and support the directives of Globalization and Corporate rule at the expense of the People. If you know of a truly democratic country somewhere, please let me know so I can move there.
:anjali:
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 19452
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am

Greetings DooDoot,
DooDoot wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:01 am
I doubt there is any real metta in this NWO Imperialist Cultural Marxist post.
:rofl:

Your description is the complete opposite of what it my post is.

This is about bringing an end to Wahhabism and the NWO.

Iran is on the precipice of revolution.

Enjoy...

:spy:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am
This is about bringing an end to Wahhabism and the NWO.

Iran is on the precipice of revolution.
There is no Wahhabism in Iran. Iran is the enemy of Wahhabism. :roll:
retrofuturist wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am
Enjoy...
Enjoy this? :|


User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 19452
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 am

Greetings DooDoot,
retrofuturist wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:14 am
Enjoy...
DooDoot wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:20 am
Enjoy this? :|
No - enjoy the cessation of such senseless destruction and carnage.

:hug:

If you're interested, here's an excellent thread on Trump's Geopolitical Strategy (click the blue bird to see the whole thread...)



Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

User avatar
manas
Posts: 2450
Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:04 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by manas » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:43 am

That my government so obediently supports the United States in their foreign wars, who sell weapons to the Saudis, who have created the horrors being experienced by many thousands of Yemeni men, woman and children - the children are suffering the most - appalls and disgusts me. So much for 'Western Democratic Values'. What a bunch of uncaring hypocrites so many of our politicians are. https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... nd-of-year
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... d-supplies
Bombing one country after another back to the Stone Age, brings neither democracy, nor peace, nor political stability. But it sure does hurt a heck of a lot of people.
Last edited by manas on Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Knowing this body is like a clay jar,
securing this mind like a fort,
attack Mara with the spear of discernment,
then guard what's won without settling there,
without laying claim.

- Dhp 40

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:47 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:31 am
No - enjoy the cessation of such senseless destruction and carnage.
Wait & see. However, the recent Trump appointments do not point to this. Kushner's family are settlement builders in the West Bank. Netanyahu has slept in Kushner's bed. Israel is not happy the War of Terror has backfired with Iran becoming politically stronger in the region, including in Iraq.

Best to judge with Dhamma as reference (rather than Cultural Marxism).
Mendicants, I will teach you an exposition of the teaching on the bound and the unbound. Listen and pay close attention, I will speak. And what is the exposition of the teaching on connection and disconnection?

A woman focusses on her own femininity: her feminine moves, feminine appearance, feminine ways, feminine desires, feminine voice, and feminine adornment. She’s stimulated by this and takes pleasure in it. So she focusses on the masculinity of others: masculine moves, masculine appearance, masculine ways, masculine desires, masculine voice, and masculine adornment. She’s stimulated by this and takes pleasure in it. So she desires to bond with another. And she desires the pleasure and happiness that comes from such a bond. Sentient beings who are attached to their femininity are bound to men. This is how a woman does not transcend her femininity.

A man focusses on his own masculinity: his masculine moves, masculine appearance, masculine ways, masculine desires, masculine voice, and masculine adornment. He’s stimulated by this and takes pleasure in it. So he focusses on the femininity of others: feminine moves, feminine appearance, feminine ways, feminine desires, feminine voice, and feminine adornment. He’s stimulated by this and takes pleasure in it. So he desires to bond with another. And he desires the pleasure and happiness that comes from such a bond. Sentient beings who are attached to their masculinity are bound to women. This is how a man does not transcend his masculinity. This is how one is bound.

And how does one become unbound? A woman doesn’t focus on her own femininity: her feminine moves, feminine appearance, feminine ways, feminine desires, feminine voice, and feminine adornment. She isn’t stimulated by this and takes no pleasure in it. So she doesn’t focus on the masculinity of others: masculine moves, masculine appearance, masculine ways, masculine desires, masculine voice, and masculine adornment. She isn’t stimulated by this and takes no pleasure in it. So she doesn’t desire to bond with another. Nor does she desire the pleasure and happiness that comes from such a bond. Sentient beings who are not attached to their femininity are not bound to men. This is how a woman transcends her femininity.

A man doesn’t focus on his own masculinity: his masculine moves, masculine appearance, masculine ways, masculine desires, masculine voice, and masculine adornment. He isn’t stimulated by this and takes no pleasure in it. So he doesn’t focus on the femininity of others: feminine moves, feminine appearance, feminine ways, feminine desires, feminine voice, and feminine adornment. He isn’t stimulated by this and takes no pleasure in it. So he doesn’t desire to bond with another. Nor does he desire the pleasure and happiness that comes from such a bond. Sentient beings who are not attached to their masculinity are not bound to women. This is how a man transcends his masculinity. This is how one is unbound. This is the exposition of the teaching on connection and disconnection.”

https://suttacentral.net/an7.51/en/sujato




User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 19452
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:50 am

Greetings,
DooDoot wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:47 am
Wait & see.
:namaste:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 am

manas wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:43 am
That my government so obediently supports the United States in their foreign wars, who sell weapons to the Saudis, who have created the horrors being experienced by many thousands of Yemeni men, woman and children - the children are suffering the most - appalls and disgusts me. So much for 'Western Democratic Values'. What a bunch of uncaring hypocrites so many of our politicians are. https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... nd-of-year
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... d-supplies
Bombing one country after another back to the Stone Age, brings neither democracy, nor peace, nor political stability. But it sure does hurt a heck of a lot of people.
Dhamma point of view. At the very least, we can be at least fully informed & not contribute to this and, if possible, peacefully oppose it. However, Yemen is not the only place & the Guardian is no longer an objective media (despite supporting Yemen now).

:namaste:

Circle5
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Circle5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:20 am

@retrofuturist

If you do not understand DootDot post, it means you are not well versed in russian propaganda. When Iranian protests took place not long ago to end the religious dictatorship, 95% of people on SCW reddit (99% of people there support assad) supported them. Yet, there were some people who, being brainwashed into Russian propaganda, did not support them. DootDot falls into that demographic and that is why his recent posts may seem difficult to understand.

It is difficult to understand how a person can be keeping sides with Assad because of secularism and because of supposedly being against a medieval lifestyle and Sharia law, yet on the other hand totally support it when it comes to Iran. But if one is indoctrinated into russian propaganda, the thinking goes like this: "If it opposes the west, it's good"

Somebody else at the time explained it much better than me:
The tweeter of this is not exactly some benevolent neutral figure posting verified information, he's a guy that in the name of anti-imperialism has fallen in love with the most repressive, authoritarian regimes on the planet, and finds it necessary to constantly do apologetics for lovely regimes like North Korea. There is no good reason to trust that anything he says contains any truth.
I'm angry that supporters of the regime in this sub who have said that they support secularity seem to be against the protests, which seems incoherent for me.
They are conspiracy theorists aka "not rational" and "lacking ability to think critically". For them its as simple as "if it opposes the West its good, if it is bad for the "resistance axis" its foreign interference". If you sit there and use RT, PressTV, SANA and shitty twitter sources for "news" and then refuse to read anything counter to this worldview then you are going to be incoherent.

They lack the ability to look at a source of information and look at it with an informed outlook, meaning recognizing possible bias, looking for proper sources and credibility, understanding that many places do not have a free press etc etc etc

Remember, most of them are like 16-20 year old white middle class North Americans and Europeans and they spend all day on here cheering on autocrats and police state operating war criminals because of "secularism", "human rights", "resistance", "anti-imperalism" or whatever reason.

Plus a lot of them are also Russian trolls. Reddit is full of them. There are some very well informed "pro-regime" posters here, they are the ones that can admit things like "Assad is a bad person, but we think that blank is worse" vs "Assad is a hero, anti-imperalist, secular advocate"
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=30922

Circle5
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Circle5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 am
the Guardian is no longer an objective media (despite supporting Yemen now).
Certainly it's not an objective source. Only uk newspaper with some form of objectivity in foreign afairs is The Independent.

Yet, what is your opinion on Russia Today, Press TV (iran), SANA, etc. ? Is that the place one should take objective information from ?

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 am
Yet, what is your opinion on Russia Today, Press TV (iran), SANA, etc. ? Is that the place one should take objective information from ?
The citta or heart is where to take information. If it cannot be discerned there is a serious problem with the USA, France, Britain, etc, supporting Al Qaeda & other terror groups that terrorise both the Middle East & the West then most information will probably lead to confusion. For months we doubt posts about Syria because we seem to be unable to differentiate between men with guns wearing black masks waiving black flags shouting 'Allah U Akbar' when they shoot rockets & behead people and ordinary secular civilians. For example, if all the lies, contradictions & sheer nonsense cannot be discerned in the following article written by a Turk masquerading as a Syrian in an Israel media then pursing truth is probably pointless. Maybe read your Bible.


On February 19, the Syrian regime, Russian and Iranian militias launched their fiercest ever shelling campaign on Eastern Ghouta the opposition’s only stronghold around Damascus. Days ago the regime’s forces and the militias supported by Russian jets started a massive ground operation and they managed this week to divide Eastern Ghouta into two parts. Due to systemic targeting of civilians – a method the regime and its allies often used - more than 650 civilians have been killed since 19 February according numbers compiled by the White Helmets, an aid group.

If Eastern Ghouta falls, that inevitably and necessarily will mean two things.

The first is that Iran will be the master of Damascus and that means a constant threat to Israel. The second is that USA will lose Syria to Russia. The impact of the Ghouta operation therefore has implications far beyond Damascus....

http://www.jpost.com/Opinion/The-fall-o ... est-545043

User avatar
Kamran
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Kamran » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 pm
Greetings,

The prediction from March 9th...
retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 am
... however, I'm predicting things will improve in Iran in a similar manner to...

All you need to know about Mike Pompeo is that most of his life he has been in business with the Koch brothers.

Charles and David Koch, the notorious billionaires, are all about petroleum.

The Iran Deal of 2015 has the effect of reducing oil prices, since it allows Iran to export more oil and increases supply at a time of stagnant growth in demand. Moreover, there is no prospect of American companies getting any of the Iranian profits.

Finding a way to put Iran back under sanctions would firm up oil prices and make billions of dollars for the Kochs. Hence the desire to roll back the Iran deal.

However, its just a pipe dream because China, Russia, and Europe will never reimpose substantive sanctions on Iranian oil.

I believe President Rohani's acceptance speech put to music below reflects popular Iranian sentiment.

Iranians elected a reformist because they want reform, and peace - not revolution.

"Let our hearts be cleansed of resentment. Let conciliation substitute estrangement and friendship substitute animosity" - President of Iran.

"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1769
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 am

Kamran wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am
retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 pm
Greetings,

The prediction from March 9th...
retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 am
... however, I'm predicting things will improve in Iran in a similar manner to...

All you need to know about Mike Pompeo is that most of his life he has been in business with the Koch brothers.

Charles and David Koch, the notorious billionaires, are all about petroleum.

The Iran Deal of 2015 has the effect of reducing oil prices, since it allows Iran to export more oil and increases supply at a time of stagnant growth in demand. Moreover, there is no prospect of American companies getting any of the Iranian profits.

Finding a way to put Iran back under sanctions would firm up oil prices and make billions of dollars for the Kochs. Hence the desire to roll back the Iran deal.

However, its just a pipe dream because China, Russia, and Europe will never reimpose substantive sanctions on Iranian oil.

President Rohani's acceptance speech put to music reflects popular Iranian sentiment and his actions

Iranians elected a reformist because they want reform, and peace - not revolution.

And this President got the Nuclear Deal for them despite fierce opposition from his own government hardliners and the Israeli-backed war mongers in the US.

He has made the world a much safer place.

"Let our hearts be cleansed of resentment. Let conciliation substitute estrangement and friendship substitute animosity" - President of Iran.

:goodpost:
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

Circle5
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Circle5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm
Circle5 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 am
Yet, what is your opinion on Russia Today, Press TV (iran), SANA, etc. ? Is that the place one should take objective information from ?
The citta or heart is where to take information. If it cannot be discerned there is a serious problem with the USA, France, Britain, etc, supporting Al Qaeda & other terror groups that terrorise both the Middle East & the West then most information will probably lead to confusion. For months we doubt posts about Syria because we seem to be unable to differentiate between men with guns wearing black masks waiving black flags shouting 'Allah U Akbar' when they shoot rockets & behead people and ordinary secular civilians. For example, if all the lies, contradictions & sheer nonsense cannot be discerned in the following article written by a Turk masquerading as a Syrian in an Israel media then pursing truth is probably pointless. Maybe read your Bible.
I don't think DootDot cares at all about "citta of hearh" because he is the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killing here on DW. (apologetics for Russia invasion of Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, the treatment of these countries as colonies and apologetics for opressive religious dictatorship of Iran) If DootDot would not be the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killing here on DW, maybe his claims would be taken more serious.

One can not be the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killings and at the same time claim to be against these things. One can not claim to be against Sharia Law while at the same time do apologetics for how good Sharia Law is in Iran and be against the people who have been fighting for decades to end Sharia Law and religious dictatorship in their country.

Circle5
Posts: 817
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 2:14 am

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Circle5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Kamran wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am
All you need to know about Mike Pompeo is that most of his life he has been in business with the Koch brothers.

Charles and David Koch, the notorious billionaires, are all about petroleum.

The Iran Deal of 2015 has the effect of reducing oil prices, since it allows Iran to export more oil and increases supply at a time of stagnant growth in demand. Moreover, there is no prospect of American companies getting any of the Iranian profits.

Finding a way to put Iran back under sanctions would firm up oil prices and make billions of dollars for the Kochs. Hence the desire to roll back the Iran deal.

However, its just a pipe dream because China, Russia, and Europe will never reimpose substantive sanctions on Iranian oil.

I believe President Rohani's acceptance speech put to music below reflects popular Iranian sentiment.

Iranians elected a reformist because they want reform, and peace - not revolution.

"Let our hearts be cleansed of resentment. Let conciliation substitute estrangement and friendship substitute animosity" - President of Iran.
You do realize that a low price for petrol is highly detrimental to USA ? That is why the Saudis have lowerd the price of petrol in recent years, to try and stop research and exploitation of the newly found resources in USA. And yet, despite a low price of petrol being highly detrimental to USA, USA has done that nuclear deal.

Also, you do realize that the majority of people in Iran, just like any other people, do not like living under a religious dictatorship and Sharia Law. Iran used to be a liberal place and people who have been part of that revolution never intended the country to turn into a religious dictatorship with strict Sharia Law. For decades, people from the cities have been fighting to liberalize Iran. They have repeatedly voted for liberal presidents but that has helped with nothing because the religious dictators holds all the power and the president is almost symbolic. There have been huge, gigantic protests in 2009 and this year when people have been shouting for an end to religious rule.

Iran is no worse than Saudi Arabia when it comes to Sharia Law. No partying is allowed, womans are not allowed to do anything. Recently there has even been a football mach between Syria and Iran on Iran territory. Syrian woman have been allowed at the mach even without scarfs, while iranian woman have not even been allowed to enter the stadium. That speaks a lot about the difference between highly regressive places like Iran and more liberal places like Turkey, Lebanon and Syria.

Those that are against the people from the cities demanding a return to liberalism and end of Sharia Law should try to spend their lives living under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship to see why so many people find it hard to cope with. It's easy to be pro-Sharia Law without being forced to live under Sharia Law yourself. It's easy to demand people in other countries live under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship while being far away from such living conditions yourself.

User avatar
Kamran
Posts: 411
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:14 am

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Kamran » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
Kamran wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am
All you need to know about Mike Pompeo is that most of his life he has been in business with the Koch brothers.

Charles and David Koch, the notorious billionaires, are all about petroleum.

The Iran Deal of 2015 has the effect of reducing oil prices, since it allows Iran to export more oil and increases supply at a time of stagnant growth in demand. Moreover, there is no prospect of American companies getting any of the Iranian profits.

Finding a way to put Iran back under sanctions would firm up oil prices and make billions of dollars for the Kochs. Hence the desire to roll back the Iran deal.

However, its just a pipe dream because China, Russia, and Europe will never reimpose substantive sanctions on Iranian oil.

I believe President Rohani's acceptance speech put to music below reflects popular Iranian sentiment.

Iranians elected a reformist because they want reform, and peace - not revolution.

"Let our hearts be cleansed of resentment. Let conciliation substitute estrangement and friendship substitute animosity" - President of Iran.
You do realize that a low price for petrol is highly detrimental to USA ? That is why the Saudis have lowerd the price of petrol in recent years, to try and stop research and exploitation of the newly found resources in USA. And yet, despite a low price of petrol being highly detrimental to USA, USA has done that nuclear deal.

For decades, people from the cities have been fighting to liberalize Iran.

womans are not allowed to do anything.

Those that are against the people from the cities demanding a return to liberalism

"No partyng is allowed," - most families I have seen in Iran have alcohol at home and spend the whole weekend drunk and dancing - How could you say they don't party - they never stop dancing and drinking ?

"the president is almost symbolic". - The Nuclear Peace Deal is not symbolic, that's a huge accomplishment for IRan and those who want peace.

" For decades, people from the cities have been fighting to liberalize Iran." - What about Iranians in the countryside ? The Rural population. You don't mention them because you know who they support, don't you?

The Islamic government has brought free health care and education to those poor Iranians living in the country side.

Iran's leaders are true revolutionaries, perhaps the last in the world, and they know they need a social base to stay in power.

This is why they allow elections, and provide government services to the poor.

"womans are not allowed to do anything" - The CEO of Iran Air is a woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farzaneh_Sharafbafi

Current restrictions on women are cosmetic, when it comes to education and jobs they are actually beating the men.

60% of college students are woman, 70% science and engineering students are woman.

Below is the normal dress code for Iranian women in Tehran:

"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 1586
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by DooDoot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 pm
I don't think DootDot cares at all about "citta of hearh" because he is the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killing here on DW...
What the...??? :roll: Why don't we relax and watch live stream of mass-media "genocide" & "holocaust" of civilians occurring in East Ghouta Syria:


Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
Also, you do realize that the majority of people in Iran, just like any other people, do not like living under a religious dictatorship and Sharia Law.
Evidence, please.
Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
There have been huge, gigantic protests in 2009 and this year when people have been shouting for an end to religious rule.
Evidence please; that any protests represented the "majority".
Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
womans are not allowed to do anything.
Obviously this is untrue.
Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
Recently there has even been a football mach between Syria and Iran on Iran territory. Syrian woman have been allowed at the mach even without scarfs, while iranian woman have not even been allowed to enter the stadium. That speaks a lot about the difference between highly regressive places like Iran and more liberal places like Turkey, Lebanon and Syria.
How is this related to Dhamma? Also, how could women be refused entry if this was the norm, i.e., if the women expected to be allowed to attend and were sold tickets? Obviously it was a one-off incident due to some issue.

This is what I meant by using the 'citta'. Obviously this story is illogical & requires more investigation or verification.
Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
Those that are against the people from the cities demanding a return to liberalism and end of Sharia Law should try to spend their lives living under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship to see why so many people find it hard to cope with.
Its really none of your business. As a Buddhist, you should not be advocating for "intervention" that leads to war & killing. Also, the Buddha did not teach liberalism in the suttas.
Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
It's easy to be pro-Sharia Law without being forced to live under Sharia Law yourself. It's easy to demand people in other countries live under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship while being far away from such living conditions yourself.
This posts sounds ridiculous. My sister has an Australia female friend who travels to Iran each year for a holiday because she loves it so much. I know two gay men who had holiday in Iran for weeks and said: "Its so good we could live there".

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests