Criticism of Islam

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Mr Man

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Mr Man » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:22 pm
Mr Man wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:17 pm
The text is part of the picture as presented to this forum.
Does it concern you....
What concerns me is that fake is being presented as real on a Buddhist forum.

Do you think there is a need to present lies to discredit the US?

Dharmasherab

Post by Dharmasherab » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Why not listen to what Ex-Muslims have to say about Islam? Escpecially as for the reasons as to why they left Islam?

https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Main_Page

http://www.faithfreedom.org/

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Upeksha

Post by Upeksha » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:49 pm

Mr Man wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 pm
DooDoot wrote:
Mr Man wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:17 pm
The text is part of the picture as presented to this forum.
Does it concern you....

On the level of precepts, I think we have to admit that intention/cetana is decisive - and people who are invested in conspiracy theories truly believe that they are on the side of 'truth.' So it becomes an epistemological problem (a rather severe one in my opinion) rather than a moral one of honesty/dishonesty.

However, on the level of right speech, I think posts which slander and criticise other religions (and practitioners of those religions) without any substantive argument or evidence - are deeply contrary to a very central moral principle in Buddhism. I simply don't know how people can indulge in this without feeling the deep inner contradiction with their dharma practice.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:50 pm

Upeksha wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:49 pm

However, on the level of right speech, I think posts which slander and criticise other religions (and practitioners of those religions) without any substantive argument or evidence - are deeply contrary to a very central moral principle in Buddhism. I simply don't know how people can indulge in this without feeling the deep inner contradiction with their dharma practice.
:goodpost:
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 am

Mr Man wrote:
What concerns me is that fake is being presented as real on a Buddhist forum. Do you think there is a need to present lies to discredit the US?
What was posted is true, according to the US govt. The truth was posted, from the horse's mouth. Sorry, but Buddhism does not exempt the US govt from criticism.
retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:12 pm
Greetings Kamran...
How did Marcus Papadopoulos slip into Murdoch's mainstream media?

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:36 am

Upeksha wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:49 pm
Mr Man wrote:
DooDoot wrote:

Does it concern you....

On the level of precepts, I think we have to admit that intention/cetana is decisive - and people who are invested in conspiracy theories truly believe that they are on the side of 'truth.' So it becomes an epistemological problem (a rather severe one in my opinion) rather than a moral one of honesty/dishonesty.

Thanks Upeksha

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 am
Mr Man wrote:
What concerns me is that fake is being presented as real on a Buddhist forum. Do you think there is a need to present lies to discredit the US?
What was posted is true, according to the US govt. The truth was posted, from the horse's mouth.
The US govt. said that McCain met with Abu Mosa and Al Baghdadi?
DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:57 am

Sorry, but Buddhism does not exempt the US govt from criticism.
Did someone say that it did?

-----

Here is something from the Washington Post

Four Pinocchios for Rand Paul’s claim that McCain met with the Islamic State

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... c2475a496a

The Post article links to Reuters

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-syri ... GJ20131002

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am

Mr Man wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:58 am
Four Pinocchios for Rand Paul’s claim that McCain met with the Islamic State
I already posted the exact details do not matter. All those terrorists are affiliated with each other, including the so-called 'Free Syrian Army". Each has the same goal; which is the same goal as the USA. The USA had/has an official covert operation. We knew about it for years since the Americans were literally training terrorists in Jordan years ago, as was shown on film & photo.

The point of my contribution to this thread is:

1. The religion of Islam did not do 9/11.

2. The religion of Islam is not Terrorist Jihad.

3. Terrorist Jihad has been a US foreign policy tool since the 1950s.

4. The terrorism that occasionally murders Westerners but murders millions of real Muslims appears to be a US govt covert operation.

5. After 16 years of a so-called War on Terror by the US govt, the same Al Queda terrorists are stronger, larger & terrorise good people for the sake of US-Zionist-NATO-Saudi-Qatari interests.

6. If we believe the religion of Islam did 9/11 & nurtures terrorists, we justify the murdering of millions of good Muslim people & non-Muslim people who live in Muslim nations that were unrelated to 9/11.

7. GW Bush said: "you are either with us or with terrorists" but it has become quite evident the US govt & the terrorists had/have the same goals in Iraq, Libya, Syria & maybe Iran. It has become quite evident the "US govt is with the terrorists" and "the terrorists are with the US govt".

8. This is why the corporate mass media continues to support Al Qaeda terrorists in East Gouta, in the exact same way they supported Al Qaeda terrorists in Allepo.

9. $6 trillion spent since 2001 from the US taxpayer comprising of 1/3 of the US govt debt on a War on Terror; yet the terror grows.

:|
Last edited by DooDoot on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
I already posted the exact details do not matter.
:clap: So your fine with misrepresentation?

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am

Mr Man wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am
So your fine with misrepresentation?
Irrelevant since no evidence was provided to support the contrary view. The article that SFA & ISIS were "bitter enemies" is a non-sense. There are videos of interviews with SFA, saying they & ISIS are "brothers". Regardless, so you are fine with the death & destruction of the lives of millions of people & the waste of $6 trillion in US taxpayer money?

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:28 am

DooDoot wrote:
All those terrorists are affiliated with each other, including the so-called 'Free Syrian Army". Each has the same goal; which is the same goal as the USA.
Does the US want to have a Caliphate?

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:35 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am
Mr Man wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am
So your fine with misrepresentation?
Irrelevant since no evidence was provided to support the contrary view. The article that SFA & ISIS were "bitter enemies" is a non-sense. There are videos of interviews with SFA, saying they & ISIS are "brothers".
So you don't want to answer that?

How about - Do you think McCain met with Al Baghdadi?

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am
Regardless, so you are fine with the death & destruction of the lives of millions of people & the waste of $6 trillion in US taxpayer money?
Now this really is Irrelevant because I have never said that or said anything to imply that.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:52 am

Mr Man wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:28 am
DooDoot wrote:
All those terrorists are affiliated with each other, including the so-called 'Free Syrian Army". Each has the same goal; which is the same goal as the USA.
Mr Man wrote:
DooDoot wrote:
US does not have to share all of the same goals as the Jihadis in order to support them.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And the US knows that Jihadi bandits don't have a chance in hell of achieving a Caliphate anyway.

What the Jihadis can achieve, though, is holding onto or sabotaging the oil producing areas of Syria so that Assad and Iran can't use those resources to rebuild the country.

That is, Jihadis can keep Syria and Iraq weak.

A weak Syria bogged down by Jihadis is percieved less of a threat to Israel.

US, Israel, and Saudi lost the war in Syria to Iran, and now they are playing spoiler - making that place a permanent hell by unleashing thier Jihadi thugs on the country just so the Iranians can't benefits from winning the war.
Last edited by Kamran on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:53 am

Mr Man wrote:
The form is irrelevant (even though the US did originally create the Taliban in Afghanistan; & the British created Saudi Arabia). The goals are:

1. The US wants to remove the legitimate Syrian govt; as they removed the Libyan & Iraqi govts.

2. The US wanted/s to balkanize Iraq & Syria.

3. The Iraq balkanization plan passed Congress (below) but met with Iraqi opposition, which is when the US pulled out of Iraq & allowed ISIS to arise. The Syrian plan has been openly discussed.
By DAVID PITT
The Associated Press
Friday, October 12, 2007; 10:28 PM
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Presidential candidates from opposing parties, Democrat Joe Biden and Republican Sam Brownback, took the unusual step Friday of holding a joint event to tout their proposal for a political solution to the war in Iraq.

Biden, who is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has been the most prominent advocate of a plan in Congress that would limit the power of Iraq's central government and give more control to three ethnically divided states.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01661.html
BIDEN-BROWNBACK Legislation Passes Senate - Again
Press Release
By: Joe Biden, Jr.
Date: Jan. 22, 2008

BIDEN-BROWNBACK Legislation Passes Senate - Again

Biden-Brownback Measure Calling for the U.S. to Support a Federal Iraq Passes as Part of the Department of Defense Conference Report

Biden Efforts to Bar Permanent Bases in Iraq and Protect Troops with Mine Resistant Vehicles Also Included in Report

The U.S. Senate passed legislation today, sponsored by Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-DE) and Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS), which calls for the United States to support a political settlement in Iraq based on a federal system of government. The Biden-Brownback measure - which passed as part of the Department of Defense Conference report - has garnered overwhelming bipartisan support in both Houses of Congress and would require a major strategic shift in the Administration's Iraq policy. President Bush vetoed the original Department of Defense Authorization report in December because of an unrelated issue that Congress subsequently addressed.

https://votesmart.org/public-statement/ ... paYfWpuYkI
4. This was the same as the 1982 Zionist Yinon Plan.
Ya’alon: I would prefer Islamic State to Iran in Syria
Defense minister says jihadists don't 'have capabilities' of Islamic Republic, which he brands Israel's 'greatest enemy'

https://www.timesofisrael.com/yaalon-i- ... -in-syria/
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel’s defense minister said on Tuesday President Bashar al-Assad was winning Syria’s civil war and urged the United States to weigh in as Damascus’s Iranian and Hezbollah allies gain ground.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mide ... SKCN1C81BK
Evil is evil, in Buddhism, whether it is from greed, hatred or delusion. No point quibbling as you are about the minor details; about if it is an Imperialist Occupation, Caliphate or Baulkanization; in a refusal to acknowledge the US govt sometimes does evil things.

We have discussed these matters before. McCain is a war engineer (as shown in the video). That is a fact. That's it.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Kamran wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:52 am
Mr Man wrote:

US does not have to share all of the same goals as the Jihadis in order to support them.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And the US knows that Jihadi bandits don't have a chance in hell of achieving a Caliphate anyway.

What the Jihadis can achieve, though, is holding onto or sabotaging the oil producing areas of Syria so that Assad and Iran can't use those resources to rebuild the country.

That is, Jihadis can keep Syria and Iraq weak.

A weak Syria bogged down by Jihadis is percieved less of a threat to Israel.

US, Israel, and Saudi lost the war in Syria to Iran, and now they are playing spoiler - making that place a permanent hell so the Iranians can't benefits from winning the war.
So make the case against the US/Saudi/Israel but no need to make it with fake news (like the picture I originally flagged up). It doesn't help.

Look at this from Wikipedia

2017 United States–Saudi Arabia arms deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Unit ... _arms_deal.

And this

Al-Yamamah arms deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Yamamah_arms_deal

(apologies for being off topic but this thread has been off topic for some time).