Criticism of Islam

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Circle5

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Circle5 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:59 am

Assad sponsored and provided a safe-heaven for PKK terrorist for decades. PKK terrorist that commit bombings of inocent civilians in Turkey. Turkey was unfair on the kurds decades ago and realized the strategy is not working. In recent decades, they have tried developing the kurdish region realizing this is the only thing that can stop the terrorism. PKK leaders there have been doing their best ever since to stop the building of infrastructure in the region, knowing that if the region develops, that will be the end of their terrorist organization. They want people to have no other option to get a wage other than working for their terrorist organization. Assad helping the PKK was close to starting a war between Syria and Turkey in the 90s.

For the past couple of years, the USA backed kurds have enjoyed non-stop propaganda in the western media. They've had a much better propaganda campaign in the west than rebels have had. And now you are posting pictures from western propaganda of some kurds on some statue, showing me how that statue god destroyed, like kurds never destroyed any statue in this war. Maybe you didn't know but when there is a war, statues sometimes get destroyed. Should I start posting here statues destroyed by PKK terrorist along the years ?

There is not a single bit of logic or consistency in your thinking. It's just "bash the USA" using whatever stupid arguments one can think of. But the "here is a NATO country invading the kurds" - when they are doing it thanks to Russia decision to allow it, and while those kurds have USA as their only ally - I mean this is just the mother of 0% logic arguments that I've seen posted by you so far. Countries that are at odds with kurds there are Russia, Turkey and Assad - only country backing them is the USA.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:41 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:59 am
A Countries that are at odds with kurds there are Russia, Turkey and Assad - only country backing them is the USA.
Continuing cold war identity politics; as though it is just a game; without human cost? :|
Circle5 wrote:
Assad sponsored and provided a safe-heaven for PKK terrorist for decades. PKK terrorist that commit bombings of inocent civilians in Turkey.
Sure, both persecuted & helped? :roll: Like Syria cannot even guard its borders today; let alone control the cross-border stream of people. The USA can't keep out Mexican so how are the Syrian to keep out the different people? :roll:
Circle5 wrote:
And now you are posting pictures from western propaganda of some kurds on some statue, showing me how that statue god destroyed, like kurds never destroyed any statue in this war.
The statue is of a Kurish hero. The men who destroyed the statue are "Syrian rebels" with the Turks or whoever. The statue destruction is an example of the destruction of culture. If these invaders were really liberators, why would they destroy things? The Syrian govt never destroyed or prohibited that statue.
Circle5 wrote:
Maybe you didn't know but when there is a war, statues sometimes get destroyed. Should I start posting here statues destroyed by PKK terrorist along the years ?
There is no real war but just a international campaign to destroy a nation. So you are thinking now like ISIS, which threatened to destroy Palmyra? Its OK to destroy historical monuments, like the US created Taliban destroyed the Afghan Buddhas? Its just war. Its just an internet computer game?

Circle5 wrote:
There is not a single bit of logic or consistency in your thinking. It's just "bash the USA" using whatever stupid arguments one can think of. But the "here is a NATO country invading the kurds" - when they are doing it thanks to Russia decision to allow it, and while those kurds have USA as their only ally - I mean this is just the mother of 0% logic arguments that I've seen posted by you so far. Countries that are at odds with kurds there are Russia, Turkey and Assad - only country backing them is the USA.
More irrelevant cold war non-sense. The intervention was sponsored by the USA in 2011; a direction extension of the Bengazi scandal in Libya, which included weapons sent from Libya via Turkey to Syria. It is a US created crisis. If Russia made a recent decision, so what? So what is Buddhism to you? One of your internet amusements? Do you ever mention the human cost? :|

Believe in reincarnation dependent origination but don't believe in results of kamma? :roll:
Behind the Sudden Death of a $1 Billion Secret C.I.A. War in Syria ...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/worl ... trump.html
Aug 2, 2017 - WASHINGTON — The end came quickly for one of the costliest covert action programs in the history of the C.I.A. ... that he ended the program to curry favor with President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia, there were in fact dim views of the effort in both the Trump and Obama White Houses — a rare confluence of ...

Donald Trump confirms covert CIA programme in Syria on Twitter | The ...
www.independent.co.uk › News › World › Americas › US politics
Jul 25, 2017 - Donald Trump appears to have inadvertently confirmed the existence of a covert CIA programme in a Twitter post. In a series of ... Donald Trump confirms covert CIA programme in Syria on Twitter ... If the media reports are true, the President of the United States just confirmed a CIA covert action program.

Trump ends covert CIA program to arm anti-Assad rebels in Syria, a ...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../trum ... 11e7-96ab-...
Jul 19, 2017 - President Trump has decided to end the CIA's covert program to arm and train moderate Syrian rebels battling the government of Bashar al-Assad, a move long sought by Russia, according to U.S. officials. The program was a central plank of a policy begun by the Obama administration in 2013 to put ...

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 pm

1) You don't seem to be knowing who is fighting who in Syria, giving by recent opinions about turkey and kurds

2) I've never seen you write a single line complaining about the Ukrainian war, Georgian war or Rep. Moldova war. On the contrary, you said there is not the sightest of problems with them. Urainian war happened at the same time as Syria war. You are the first to rationalize war, colonialism and impovrishment on this forum. This is why bleedinghearth arguments and playing the high-ground are ridiculous if they are coming from you. It's just the regular anti-USA, russian propaganda of RT, Press TV and SANA that I see being pumped out.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:30 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:15 pm
1) You don't seem to be knowing who is fighting who in Syria, giving by recent opinions about turkey and kurds
You don't seem to be knowing the consequences of kamma. You don't seem to be knowing dependent origination is the same as kamma; that dependent origination leads to hell.
These beings — who were endowed with bad conduct of body, speech & mind, who reviled noble ones, held wrong views and undertook actions under the influence of wrong views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the plane of deprivation, the bad destination, the lower realms, in hell :shock: . But these beings — who were endowed with good conduct of body, speech, & mind, who did not revile noble ones, who held right views and undertook actions under the influence of right views — with the break-up of the body, after death, have re-appeared in the good destinations, in the heavenly world.'
You don't seem to be knowing the destination of this women in the video & possibly those who supported her.
137. He who inflicts violence on those who are unarmed, and offends those who are inoffensive, will soon come upon one of these ten states:

138-140 Sharp pain, or disaster, bodily injury, serious illness, or derangement of mind, trouble from the government, or grave charges, loss of relatives, or loss of wealth, or houses destroyed by ravaging fire; upon dissolution of the body that ignorant man is born in hell :o .

The Blessed One said: "There is the case, student, where a woman or man is a killer of living beings, brutal, bloody-handed, given to killing & slaying, showing no mercy to living beings. Through having adopted & carried out such actions, on the break-up of the body, after death, he/she reappears in the plane of deprivation, the bad destination, the lower realms, hell. .. :(
You don't seem to be knowing the destination of this man, who did his duty according to DN 27:
‘But sire, what are the noble duties of a wheel-turning monarch?’ ‘Well then, my dear, relying only on principle—honoring, respecting, and venerating principle, having principle as your flag, banner, and authority—provide just protection and security for your court, troops, aristocrats, vassals, brahmins and householders, people of town and country, ascetics and brahmins, beasts and birds.

Circle5 wrote:
2) I've never seen you write a single line complaining about the Ukrainian war, Georgian war or Rep. Moldova war.
Wrong. I have posted this video many times about US intervention in Ukraine:

Circle5 wrote:
On the contrary, you said there is not the sightest of problems with them.
No.
Circle5 wrote:
Urainian war happened at the same time as Syria war. You are the first to rationalize war, colonialism and impovrishment on this forum. This is why bleedinghearth arguments and playing the high-ground are ridiculous if they are coming from you. It's just the regular anti-USA, russian propaganda of RT, Press TV and SANA that I see being pumped out.
War is bad because it creates suffering & hell. Ukraine situation is not the same as Syria. In Syria, the vast majority of the people support the existing government. In Ukraine, there are not various international armies attacking the sovereign government. If Syria was a genuine civil war, I would not take much of a position on it. Syria is an international imperialist intervention created by Obama & Hillary. It can be stopped if the US govt decides to stop it. Syria, Libya, etc, are part of the 9/11 narrative. They occur with little protest or concern from Westerners because of the demonization of Islam. :|

oncereturner

Post by oncereturner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:18 am

Just joining this thread, I respect their culture.

"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8

oncereturner

Post by oncereturner » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:32 am

They attacked our country 500 years ago, our best warriors died. We stood no chance against Suleiman the Magnificent. It's called the Mohács disaster.

However time has changed since then.
"And what is right speech? Abstaining from lying, from divisive speech, from abusive speech, & from idle chatter: This is called right speech."

— SN 45.8

alfa

Post by alfa » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:25 am

I don't know much about Syria or why people are fighting there or anywhere else.

But as Buddhists, I think we should just assume that everyone is ignorant and that's why they are fighting. So the best thing is to ignore the world and focus on our own practice. Else, we will go insane.

Just what I feel.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:55 am

alfa wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:25 am
I don't know much about Syria or why people are fighting there or anywhere else.
They are fighting defending their lives against foreign invasion. If you wish to learn, here:

alfa wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:25 am
But as Buddhists, I think we should just assume that everyone is ignorant and that's why they are fighting. So the best thing is to ignore the world and focus on our own practice. Else, we will go insane.
If you personally have not developed Buddhist practise then you certainly should.

Best wishes & thank you :heart:

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 am

Greetings,

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

alan

Post by alan » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:35 am

God Dam disgrace. George Washington is crying.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:06 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:06 am
Greetings,

Metta,
Trump praises arms sales as he meets Saudi crown prince

https://www.ft.com/content/94204940-2c4 ... 4b9f08f381

On May 20th, 2017, U.S. President Donald Trump signed a US$350 billion arms deal with the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.[1][2][3] The arms deal was the largest in American history

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Unit ... _arms_deal

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:11 am

Trump Backers Charged In Anti-Muslim Terror Plot May Argue They're Just Facebook Warriors
https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... 49ac7f1545
There was a lot of discussion over their use of Facebook, where the defendants regularly posted anti-Muslim and pro-Trump memes and fake news stories.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:47 am

What a mess. I imagine many people died & were maimed for nothing. But hopefully most can breathe again:

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:36 am

Terrorists being shipped out on the green buses out of East Ghouta; receiving the Syrian farewell.

Christians in Muslim Syria able to celebrate Easter with Syria's (Muslim) First Lady (free from Western sponsored attack).

Obviously, the West is no longer ruled by Christianity given 100% of the Western mainstream governments & media supported a Wahhabi Salafi ('Al Queda') State in Syria. France, the historical defender of Christianity in the Levant (Syria & Lebanon), now supports Kurds (in order to deprive Syria of its domestic oil resources & supply).

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:06 am

Greetings,
retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:07 am
(As discussed originally on page 6...)

Quite unexpectedly, I've come to identify the man marked here as unidentified. It's Mouaz Moustafa. In my investigations it looks as if he's a decent, U.S. based refugee who wants peace in Syria, feels dudded by the false promise of Obama, was anti-Trump, but in recent weeks has become surprisingly more positive and optimistic regarding the Trump administration's chances at enabling much needed peace in Syria.

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)