Criticism of Islam

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
lyndon taylor

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 am

Kamran wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:00 am
retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:50 pm
Greetings,

The prediction from March 9th...
retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 am
... however, I'm predicting things will improve in Iran in a similar manner to...

All you need to know about Mike Pompeo is that most of his life he has been in business with the Koch brothers.

Charles and David Koch, the notorious billionaires, are all about petroleum.

The Iran Deal of 2015 has the effect of reducing oil prices, since it allows Iran to export more oil and increases supply at a time of stagnant growth in demand. Moreover, there is no prospect of American companies getting any of the Iranian profits.

Finding a way to put Iran back under sanctions would firm up oil prices and make billions of dollars for the Kochs. Hence the desire to roll back the Iran deal.

However, its just a pipe dream because China, Russia, and Europe will never reimpose substantive sanctions on Iranian oil.

President Rohani's acceptance speech put to music reflects popular Iranian sentiment and his actions

Iranians elected a reformist because they want reform, and peace - not revolution.

And this President got the Nuclear Deal for them despite fierce opposition from his own government hardliners and the Israeli-backed war mongers in the US.

He has made the world a much safer place.

"Let our hearts be cleansed of resentment. Let conciliation substitute estrangement and friendship substitute animosity" - President of Iran.

:goodpost:
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:47 pm
Circle5 wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:28 am
Yet, what is your opinion on Russia Today, Press TV (iran), SANA, etc. ? Is that the place one should take objective information from ?
The citta or heart is where to take information. If it cannot be discerned there is a serious problem with the USA, France, Britain, etc, supporting Al Qaeda & other terror groups that terrorise both the Middle East & the West then most information will probably lead to confusion. For months we doubt posts about Syria because we seem to be unable to differentiate between men with guns wearing black masks waiving black flags shouting 'Allah U Akbar' when they shoot rockets & behead people and ordinary secular civilians. For example, if all the lies, contradictions & sheer nonsense cannot be discerned in the following article written by a Turk masquerading as a Syrian in an Israel media then pursing truth is probably pointless. Maybe read your Bible.
I don't think DootDot cares at all about "citta of hearh" because he is the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killing here on DW. (apologetics for Russia invasion of Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, the treatment of these countries as colonies and apologetics for opressive religious dictatorship of Iran) If DootDot would not be the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killing here on DW, maybe his claims would be taken more serious.

One can not be the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killings and at the same time claim to be against these things. One can not claim to be against Sharia Law while at the same time do apologetics for how good Sharia Law is in Iran and be against the people who have been fighting for decades to end Sharia Law and religious dictatorship in their country.

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Kamran wrote:
All you need to know about Mike Pompeo is that most of his life he has been in business with the Koch brothers.

The Iran Deal of 2015 has the effect of reducing oil prices, since it allows Iran to export more oil and increases supply at a time of stagnant growth in demand. Moreover, there is no prospect of American companies getting any of the Iranian profits.

Finding a way to put Iran back under sanctions would firm up oil prices and make billions of dollars for the Kochs. Hence the desire to roll back the Iran deal.

However, its just a pipe dream because China, Russia, and Europe will never reimpose substantive sanctions on Iranian oil.

I believe President Rohani's acceptance speech put to music below reflects popular Iranian sentiment.

Iranians elected a reformist because they want reform, and peace - not revolution.

"Let our hearts be cleansed of resentment. Let conciliation substitute estrangement and friendship substitute animosity" - President of Iran.
You do realize that a low price for petrol is highly detrimental to USA ? That is why the Saudis have lowerd the price of petrol in recent years, to try and stop research and exploitation of the newly found resources in USA. And yet, despite a low price of petrol being highly detrimental to USA, USA has done that nuclear deal.

Also, you do realize that the majority of people in Iran, just like any other people, do not like living under a religious dictatorship and Sharia Law. Iran used to be a liberal place and people who have been part of that revolution never intended the country to turn into a religious dictatorship with strict Sharia Law. For decades, people from the cities have been fighting to liberalize Iran. They have repeatedly voted for liberal presidents but that has helped with nothing because the religious dictators holds all the power and the president is almost symbolic. There have been huge, gigantic protests in 2009 and this year when people have been shouting for an end to religious rule.

Iran is no worse than Saudi Arabia when it comes to Sharia Law. No partying is allowed, womans are not allowed to do anything. Recently there has even been a football mach between Syria and Iran on Iran territory. Syrian woman have been allowed at the mach even without scarfs, while iranian woman have not even been allowed to enter the stadium. That speaks a lot about the difference between highly regressive places like Iran and more liberal places like Turkey, Lebanon and Syria.

Those that are against the people from the cities demanding a return to liberalism and end of Sharia Law should try to spend their lives living under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship to see why so many people find it hard to cope with. It's easy to be pro-Sharia Law without being forced to live under Sharia Law yourself. It's easy to demand people in other countries live under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship while being far away from such living conditions yourself.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:50 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:55 pm
Kamran wrote:

I believe President Rohani's acceptance speech put to music below reflects popular Iranian sentiment.

You do realize that a low price for petrol is highly detrimental to USA ? That is why the Saudis have lowerd the price of petrol in recent years, to try and stop research and exploitation of the newly found resources in USA. And yet, despite a low price of petrol being highly detrimental to USA, USA has done that nuclear deal.

For decades, people from the cities have been fighting to liberalize Iran.

womans are not allowed to do anything.

Those that are against the people from the cities demanding a return to liberalism

"No partyng is allowed," - most families I have seen in Iran have alcohol at home and spend the whole weekend drunk and dancing - How could you say they don't party - they never stop dancing and drinking ?

"the president is almost symbolic". - The Nuclear Peace Deal is not symbolic, that's a huge accomplishment for IRan and those who want peace.

" For decades, people from the cities have been fighting to liberalize Iran." - What about Iranians in the countryside ? The Rural population. You don't mention them because you know who they support, don't you?

The Islamic government has brought free health care and education to those poor Iranians living in the country side.

Iran's leaders are true revolutionaries, perhaps the last in the world, and they know they need a social base to stay in power.

This is why they allow elections, and provide government services to the poor.

"womans are not allowed to do anything" - The CEO of Iran Air is a woman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farzaneh_Sharafbafi

Current restrictions on women are cosmetic, when it comes to education and jobs they are actually beating the men.

60% of college students are woman, 70% science and engineering students are woman.

Below is the normal dress code for Iranian women in Tehran:

"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:39 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 pm
I don't think DootDot cares at all about "citta of hearh" because he is the biggest apologetic of war, colonialism, opression and useless killing here on DW...
What the...??? :roll: Why don't we relax and watch live stream of mass-media "genocide" & "holocaust" of civilians occurring in East Ghouta Syria:

Circle5 wrote:
Also, you do realize that the majority of people in Iran, just like any other people, do not like living under a religious dictatorship and Sharia Law.
Evidence, please.
Circle5 wrote:
There have been huge, gigantic protests in 2009 and this year when people have been shouting for an end to religious rule.
Evidence please; that any protests represented the "majority".
Circle5 wrote:
womans are not allowed to do anything.
Obviously this is untrue.
Circle5 wrote:
Recently there has even been a football mach between Syria and Iran on Iran territory. Syrian woman have been allowed at the mach even without scarfs, while iranian woman have not even been allowed to enter the stadium. That speaks a lot about the difference between highly regressive places like Iran and more liberal places like Turkey, Lebanon and Syria.
How is this related to Dhamma? Also, how could women be refused entry if this was the norm, i.e., if the women expected to be allowed to attend and were sold tickets? Obviously it was a one-off incident due to some issue.

This is what I meant by using the 'citta'. Obviously this story is illogical & requires more investigation or verification.
Circle5 wrote:
Those that are against the people from the cities demanding a return to liberalism and end of Sharia Law should try to spend their lives living under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship to see why so many people find it hard to cope with.
Its really none of your business. As a Buddhist, you should not be advocating for "intervention" that leads to war & killing. Also, the Buddha did not teach liberalism in the suttas.
Circle5 wrote:
It's easy to be pro-Sharia Law without being forced to live under Sharia Law yourself. It's easy to demand people in other countries live under Sharia Law and religious dictatorship while being far away from such living conditions yourself.
This posts sounds ridiculous. My sister has an Australia female friend who travels to Iran each year for a holiday because she loves it so much. I know two gay men who had holiday in Iran for weeks and said: "Its so good we could live there".

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:22 am

Circle5 wrote:
Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:42 pm
"citta of heart"
Amazing video for those who have found citta or heart; able to discern good from evil. Just press the play button: :heart:

Dhp 36. Let the discerning man guard the mind, so difficult to detect and extremely subtle, seizing whatever it desires. A guarded mind brings happiness.
The evil part is below:

US Key Man in Syria Worked Closely with ISIL and Jabhat al Nusra :|

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:58 am

What a shit hole of hell. The demonization of Islam since 9/11 has largely contributed to this; including the general apathy of Western people. The same terrorists who allegedly did 9/11 started this hell; where Muslims are punished but the terrorists are armed & supported by the Western powers & media. The War On Terror has been a War of Terror. Is this revenge for 3000 Americans murdered on 9/11 or another agenda? :|

General Wesley Clark: Wars Were Planned - Seven Countries In Five Years
Last edited by DooDoot on Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

dylanj

Post by dylanj » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 am

i haven't read this post but i will chime in to say i think islam is awful
susukhaṁ vata nibbānaṁ,
sammā­sambud­dha­desitaṁ;
asokaṁ virajaṁ khemaṁ,
yattha dukkhaṁ nirujjhatī

Oh! extinction is so very blissful,
As taught by the One Rightly Self-Awakened:
Sorrowless, stainless, secure;
Where suffering all ceases

etaṁ santaṁ etaṁ paṇītaṁ yadidaṁ sabbasaṅkhārasamatho sabbūpadhipaṭi nissaggo taṇhakkhayo virāgo nirodho nibbānaṁ

This is peaceful, this is excellent, that is: the stilling of all preparations, the relinquishment of all attachments, the destruction of craving, detachment, cessation, extinction.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 am

dylanj wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 am
Which "Islam" is awful? The Hollywood "Islam" in this video? :roll:

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:22 am

More hell & suffering created by US ally and NATO member Turkey. :|

More happiness & relief for people freed from the US backed "rebels"

Very good video: Missing Link to Dr. Tim Anderson - "The Dirty War On Syria"

From 25:10: "what is going here; the Western left-wing is pro-interventionist..."

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:34 am

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:22 am
More hell & suffering created by US ally and NATO member Turkey. :|
So now you are pro USA backed militias that want to split the sovreign nation of Syria into different parts with no regard to international law ? How in the world did you end up in the pro-USA camp all of a sudden ?

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 am

Jezus.... I now see what made you have an upside-down opinion on this than what Russian propaganda wanted you to have. It's the very twitter source that you quoted:
#Arab and #Kurdish speaking civilians flee #Afrin as #Turkey and Rebels move in. I suspect the women at 00:54s was speaking Kurdish, and the old man's volume was low, so I could not translate these. The #YPG followed US orders, refused to allow the Syrian army to defend the city.
Utter nonsense lol. This is what happens when one gets his information from "Russia Today, Press TV, Sana and shitty twitter sources". Why don't you watch the war on the syriancivilwar sub-reddit ? 99% of people there are pro-Assad, I am sure you can fit it. Of course every single one of them would laugh their brain out at such twitter quotes.

To clear things up to you and bring you back from alternative reality: Russia and Turkey have been playing good-cop/bad-cop on kurds in Afrin. Kurds had to chose between surrendering to Assad or having Turkey invade them. They chose the second, thinking they can resist. Russia withdrew their troops from Afrin to make room for Turkey. Kurds got mad at Russia for abandoning them despite Russia previsiously telling them they will protect them against Turkey. Assad tried posing like being against the invasion and not agreeing with Russia and sent some simbolic number of millitias (not even SAA) to Afrain that fought side by side with the kurds there, to save some image in from of the kurds. Kurd from Afrin were not even allied with USA, they were allied with Russia and had russian troops guarding their territory for years.

This is very different from what your ultra-reliable "PartisanGirl" twitter source told you. Such tweets are not even meant to be taken seriously, they are meant to be consumed by totally uninformed people who heard about the Syrian war yesterday for the first time. For a person posting so much about this subject, I say you should inform yourself a little better, at least for your own curiosity.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:22 am

Circle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 am
To clear things up to you and bring you back from alternative reality: Russia and Turkey have been playing good-cop/bad-cop on kurds in Afrin. Kurds had to chose between surrendering to Assad or having Turkey invade them. They chose the second, thinking they can resist. Russia withdrew their troops from Afrin to make room for Turkey. Kurds got mad at Russia for abandoning them despite Russia previsiously telling them they will protect them against Turkey. Assad tried posing like being against the invasion and not agreeing with Russia and sent some simbolic number of millitias (not even SAA) to Afrain that fought side by side with the kurds there, to save some image in from of the kurds. Kurd from Afrin were not even allied with USA, they were allied with Russia and had russian troops guarding their territory for years.
Its irrelevant. Please, grown up & give up this non-Buddhist childish cartoon cold war mentality. I know some of the people in the video are Kurds because that is what the video says. My post is to highlight the suffering caused by interventionists, whoever they are. Turkey started this intervention in 2011 by allowing terrorist mercenaries & weapons into Syria. :|

Circle5 wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:01 am
Why don't you watch the war on the syriancivilwar sub-reddit ? 99% of people there are pro-Assad, I am sure you can fit it.
My posts here are to draw the attention of Buddhists to suffering caused by their democratic nations. I have no interest in the worldliness of sub-reddit. Unlike you, I am an 'existential Buddhist' concerned with overcoming suffering. I understand it is ignorance that continues your posts of cruelty but try to discern between Buddhism & childish dualistic politics. :|

alfa

Post by alfa » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:42 am

DooDoot wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:13 am
dylanj wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 am
Which "Islam" is awful? The Hollywood "Islam" in this video? :roll:

Political Islam is an awful thing, but you're right that it's being used by major powers in the world. So both sides are to blame.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:30 am

alfa wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:42 am
Political Islam is an awful thing, but you're right that it's being used by major powers in the world. So both sides are to blame.
Below is a photo from the Australian govt news:

Below is what they did to that statue:

Many Kurds were given refuge in Syria decades ago. Ungratefulness, greed &, importantly, evil leaders paid by international regime-changers, result in this hell on earth for the common people. :|