Criticism of Islam

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Mr Man

Re: Criticism of Islam

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:28 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:09 am
All those terrorists are affiliated with each other, including the so-called 'Free Syrian Army". Each has the same goal; which is the same goal as the USA.
Does the US want to have a Caliphate?

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:35 am

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am
Mr Man wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:21 am
So your fine with misrepresentation?
Irrelevant since no evidence was provided to support the contrary view. The article that SFA & ISIS were "bitter enemies" is a non-sense. There are videos of interviews with SFA, saying they & ISIS are "brothers".
So you don't want to answer that?

How about - Do you think McCain met with Al Baghdadi?

DooDoot wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:23 am
Regardless, so you are fine with the death & destruction of the lives of millions of people & the waste of $6 trillion in US taxpayer money?
Now this really is Irrelevant because I have never said that or said anything to imply that.

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:52 am

Mr Man wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:28 am
DooDoot wrote:
All those terrorists are affiliated with each other, including the so-called 'Free Syrian Army". Each has the same goal; which is the same goal as the USA.
Mr Man wrote:
DooDoot wrote:
US does not have to share all of the same goals as the Jihadis in order to support them.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And the US knows that Jihadi bandits don't have a chance in hell of achieving a Caliphate anyway.

What the Jihadis can achieve, though, is holding onto or sabotaging the oil producing areas of Syria so that Assad and Iran can't use those resources to rebuild the country.

That is, Jihadis can keep Syria and Iraq weak.

A weak Syria bogged down by Jihadis is percieved less of a threat to Israel.

US, Israel, and Saudi lost the war in Syria to Iran, and now they are playing spoiler - making that place a permanent hell by unleashing thier Jihadi thugs on the country just so the Iranians can't benefits from winning the war.
Last edited by Kamran on Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:53 am

Mr Man wrote:
The form is irrelevant (even though the US did originally create the Taliban in Afghanistan; & the British created Saudi Arabia). The goals are:

1. The US wants to remove the legitimate Syrian govt; as they removed the Libyan & Iraqi govts.

2. The US wanted/s to balkanize Iraq & Syria.

3. The Iraq balkanization plan passed Congress (below) but met with Iraqi opposition, which is when the US pulled out of Iraq & allowed ISIS to arise. The Syrian plan has been openly discussed.
By DAVID PITT
The Associated Press
Friday, October 12, 2007; 10:28 PM
DES MOINES, Iowa -- Presidential candidates from opposing parties, Democrat Joe Biden and Republican Sam Brownback, took the unusual step Friday of holding a joint event to tout their proposal for a political solution to the war in Iraq.

Biden, who is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, has been the most prominent advocate of a plan in Congress that would limit the power of Iraq's central government and give more control to three ethnically divided states.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01661.html
BIDEN-BROWNBACK Legislation Passes Senate - Again
Press Release
By: Joe Biden, Jr.
Date: Jan. 22, 2008

BIDEN-BROWNBACK Legislation Passes Senate - Again

Biden-Brownback Measure Calling for the U.S. to Support a Federal Iraq Passes as Part of the Department of Defense Conference Report

Biden Efforts to Bar Permanent Bases in Iraq and Protect Troops with Mine Resistant Vehicles Also Included in Report

The U.S. Senate passed legislation today, sponsored by Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-DE) and Senator Sam Brownback (R-KS), which calls for the United States to support a political settlement in Iraq based on a federal system of government. The Biden-Brownback measure - which passed as part of the Department of Defense Conference report - has garnered overwhelming bipartisan support in both Houses of Congress and would require a major strategic shift in the Administration's Iraq policy. President Bush vetoed the original Department of Defense Authorization report in December because of an unrelated issue that Congress subsequently addressed.

https://votesmart.org/public-statement/ ... paYfWpuYkI
4. This was the same as the 1982 Zionist Yinon Plan.
Ya’alon: I would prefer Islamic State to Iran in Syria
Defense minister says jihadists don't 'have capabilities' of Islamic Republic, which he brands Israel's 'greatest enemy'

https://www.timesofisrael.com/yaalon-i- ... -in-syria/
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel’s defense minister said on Tuesday President Bashar al-Assad was winning Syria’s civil war and urged the United States to weigh in as Damascus’s Iranian and Hezbollah allies gain ground.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mide ... SKCN1C81BK
Evil is evil, in Buddhism, whether it is from greed, hatred or delusion. No point quibbling as you are about the minor details; about if it is an Imperialist Occupation, Caliphate or Baulkanization; in a refusal to acknowledge the US govt sometimes does evil things.

We have discussed these matters before. McCain is a war engineer (as shown in the video). That is a fact. That's it.

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Kamran wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:52 am
Mr Man wrote:

US does not have to share all of the same goals as the Jihadis in order to support them.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

And the US knows that Jihadi bandits don't have a chance in hell of achieving a Caliphate anyway.

What the Jihadis can achieve, though, is holding onto or sabotaging the oil producing areas of Syria so that Assad and Iran can't use those resources to rebuild the country.

That is, Jihadis can keep Syria and Iraq weak.

A weak Syria bogged down by Jihadis is percieved less of a threat to Israel.

US, Israel, and Saudi lost the war in Syria to Iran, and now they are playing spoiler - making that place a permanent hell so the Iranians can't benefits from winning the war.
So make the case against the US/Saudi/Israel but no need to make it with fake news (like the picture I originally flagged up). It doesn't help.

Look at this from Wikipedia

2017 United States–Saudi Arabia arms deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_Unit ... _arms_deal.

And this

Al-Yamamah arms deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Yamamah_arms_deal

(apologies for being off topic but this thread has been off topic for some time).

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:10 am

Believe it or not? :shock:
U.N. Links North Korea to Syria’s Chemical Weapons Program

UNITED NATIONS — North Korea has been shipping supplies to the Syrian government that could be used in the production of chemical weapons, United Nations experts contend.

The evidence of a North Korean connection comes as the United States and other countries have accused the Syrian government of using chemical weapons on civilians, including recent attacks on civilians in the Damascus suburb of eastern Ghouta using what appears to have been chlorine gas.

The supplies from North Korea include acid-resistant tiles, valves and thermometers, according to a report by United Nations investigators. North Korean missile technicians have also been spotted working at known chemical weapons and missile facilities inside Syria, according to the report, which was written by a panel of experts who looked at North Korea’s compliance with United Nations sanctions.

The report highlights the potential danger posed by any such trade between Syria and North Korea, which could allow Syria to maintain its chemical weapons while also providing North Korea with cash for its nuclear and missile programs.

The possible chemical weapons components were part of at least 40 previously unreported shipments by North Korea to Syria between 2012 and 2017 of prohibited ballistic missile parts and materials that could be used for both military and civilian purposes, according to the report, which has not been publicly released but which was reviewed by The New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/27/worl ... tions.html
Informative audio:
Audio: New York Times’ publishes outlandish story on Syria-North Korea chemical weapons connection

https://www.spreaker.com/user/radiosput ... sode_title

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 am

Greetings,

In Iran...

Iran jails woman for removing headscarf in public

(one may well ask "where is the feminist uproar about this?"... however, I'm predicting things will improve in Iran in a similar manner to...)

Saudi Arabia, who are on the up...

Thrust on transformation, empowerment of women
'No more a passenger': Driving schools for women take off in Saudi Arabia

(The new Saudi Arabia is the real deal...)

:thumbsup:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:29 am

Maybe you should move to Saudi Arabia if you like it so much???
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:37 am

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:29 am
Maybe you should move to Saudi Arabia if you like it so much???
I know you are, you said you are, but what am I?

:roll:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:59 am
Hmm. They still like to behead people, and generally their human rights record is dire.
Buddha save me from new-agers!

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 am

Dinsdale wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:10 am
retrofuturist wrote:
Hmm. They still like to behead people, and generally their human rights record is dire.
And still bombing Yemen.

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:33 am

Mr Man wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:25 am
Dinsdale wrote:
retrofuturist wrote:
And still bombing Yemen.
They're as bad as each other.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am

Mr Man wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:
retrofuturist wrote:
And still bombing Yemen.
Using a lot of UK ordnance, I gather.
Buddha save me from new-agers!

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:44 am

Dinsdale wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 am
Mr Man wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

And still bombing Yemen.
Using a lot of UK ordnance, I gather.
Yes :(

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:15 am

Real news.

Syrian soldiers, who are multi-faith Christian & Muslim but mostly Sunni Muslim, put US-Saudi-Wahhabi-Al Qaeda terrorists on a bus for transport to a terrorist town (where hopefully these terrorists can be exported back through NATO Turkey, where they originated from). Can you imagine if the situation was vice versa and these cannibals were the ones tightening the siege on the Syrian army? The Muslim residents of East Ghouta celebrate their freedom while the Western politicians & mass-media work feverishly to maintain the terrorist presence in East Ghouta.

In this video, a German political delegation to Syria praised the (secular yet Islamic) Syrian govt & criticises the German mass-media.

Story Of Syrian Girl From Damascus - Lost Her Leg In Mortar Attack By (American supported) Ghouta Islamists