opinions

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
altar

opinions

Post by altar » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm

Hi,
i'm posting this here to see what people think of it. I posted it on Facebook as a reply to someone and was curious if people here had views on it.
It deals with Trump - however, as is probably evident, i'm not concerned so much with Trump himself as with the nature of the views involved
"if you don't mind, i'll articulate a kind of quandary here that relates to this post and your previous one which denigrates Trump. That women can now vote is (forward) progress. Trump on the other hand is leading us astray into his own territory, which is backwards. But because time keeps going, whether we win or lose, we must sometimes witness changes occur without a chance to put into action what we feel is right. Is this attitude of mine, that "time keeps going," an amoral concession to backwards attitudes?. Or is paying homage to time a kind of political learning experience?."
Since this is dhammawheel not Facebook i don't have to be afraid of using the word "noble," so, "political learning" can be substituted with "noble."

As this relates to dhamma, i'm concerned this view of mine to kind of just watch "time" is a kind of laziness.

L.N.

Re: opinions

Post by L.N. » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:55 pm

altar wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:40 pm
"time keeps going,"
You also could say that "space keeps going" and gaze at the stars.
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

愿众佛坐在我的头顶, 佛法在我的眼中, 僧伽,功德的根源, 端坐在我的肩上。