POTUS 2017

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: POTUS 2017

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Greetings,

(Useful viewing for anyone who hates Donald Trump or originally previously bought into the whole "Russia!" narrative, but is now having second thoughts, since no collusion has been found...)

Planning For OIG Release – President Trump Hires Joe diGenova….
Things are proceeding swimmingly. How is it possible to outline the biggest political corruption scandal in modern U.S. history; which utilized the full weight of the institutions of government and the vast intelligence community; against the predictable tide of a mainstream U.S. media apparatus who will shout ‘conspiracy theory’; while every single entity associated with the collaborative effort will protect the group behind the scandal?

There’s the challenge. How do you introduce the scale and scope of corruption to almost half the country who have relied upon the false narrative delivered by fake news for the past two years?

Answer: You assemble a strategic communications team, timed to activate when a key series of events takes place. Joe diGenova is part of that strategic communications team. The triggering event is the OIG release. The purpose of the team is to help the news consumer digest the corruption elephant one bite at a time.

As each individual indictment is parsed and delivered, there will be tens-of-thousands of pages of evidence, multiple witness statements, and a tsunami of investigative supporting material that needs to be unpacked -per person- and understood against the backdrop of the bigger story.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:35 pm

I don't see how any self respecting Buddhist in their right mind would support Donald Trump!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:46 pm

Greetings Lyndon,
lyndon taylor wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:35 pm
I don't see how any self respecting Buddhist in their right mind would support Donald Trump!!
So you say, Lyndon. Got anything new and original to contribute to the conversation?

:popcorn:

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

chownah

Post by chownah » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:59 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm
Greetings,

(Useful viewing for anyone who hates Donald Trump or originally previously bought into the whole "Russia!" narrative, but is now having second thoughts, since no collusion has been found...)

Planning For OIG Release – President Trump Hires Joe diGenova….
Things are proceeding swimmingly. How is it possible to outline the biggest political corruption scandal in modern U.S. history; which utilized the full weight of the institutions of government and the vast intelligence community; against the predictable tide of a mainstream U.S. media apparatus who will shout ‘conspiracy theory’; while every single entity associated with the collaborative effort will protect the group behind the scandal?

There’s the challenge. How do you introduce the scale and scope of corruption to almost half the country who have relied upon the false narrative delivered by fake news for the past two years?

Answer: You assemble a strategic communications team, timed to activate when a key series of events takes place. Joe diGenova is part of that strategic communications team. The triggering event is the OIG release. The purpose of the team is to help the news consumer digest the corruption elephant one bite at a time.

As each individual indictment is parsed and delivered, there will be tens-of-thousands of pages of evidence, multiple witness statements, and a tsunami of investigative supporting material that needs to be unpacked -per person- and understood against the backdrop of the bigger story.

Metta,
Retrofuturist presents more imaginative rambling from the conservativetreehouse web page gang. These guys have got great imaginations! Their very impressive inflated idea about what digenova's entry to the trump legal team means is just what conspiracy theorists are looking for......and it looks like retrofuturist has found it!

A simpler, down to earth, and more immediate explanation of trump adding more lawyers to his team (how many now?) is that trump is building a legal moat around himself to protect him from....from....from himself! Trump knows that he has a hard time telling the truth so he has a legal team to parse his every word and then present only the untruths which can not be used against him. Trump knows that sometimes he does tell the truth thinking that it is harmless when in fact it is not harmless and so he has a legal team to parse his every word to suppress the truths that trump tells which are self incriminatory. Trump knows that any communications he has with lawyers can not be subpoened and if it is leaked it can not be used in any legal proceedings (attorney/client privelage) so he has surrounded himself with an entire community of lawyers so that he can have someone to talk to (alot of people around him would rather not talk to him anyway while his lawyers are glad to be employed to do this) and he can speak his mind without his lies and damaging truths having much impact. Some people feel sorry for him for having to live this way in the whitehouse but then they remember that this kind of thing seems to be pretty typical of his entire life which seems to have been full of lawyers....in fact it seems that he very well may have had better and longer lasting relationships with lawyers than he has had with wives.

The conservativetreehouse gang is just making a big deal out of trump's new hired confidant to distract you from the real reasons.
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:15 am

Greetings Chownah,

OK, you tell yourself that...

:lol:

You certainly can't say you weren't warned. 8-)

Horowitz's OIG report is expected to drop this month or next.

Enjoy the show.

Metta,

pulga

Post by pulga » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:22 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:31 pm

(Useful viewing for anyone who hates Donald Trump or originally previously bought into the whole "Russia!" narrative, but is now having second thoughts, since no collusion has been found...)....
Good stuff. Once the OIG report is made public the appointment of a special counsel will be inevitable. I shudder to think to where it might lead.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:23 am

:alien:
Last edited by DooDoot on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

chownah

Post by chownah » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:15 am
Greetings Chownah,

OK, you tell yourself that...

:lol:

You certainly can't say you weren't warned. 8-)

Horowitz's OIG report is expected to drop this month or next.

Enjoy the show.

Metta,
What's it going to be about?
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:51 am

Greetings Chownah,
chownah wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 am
This.

But it's not quite so simple, because the same DOJ/FBI people involved in covering up the Hillary Clinton classified info/email scandal are the same DOJ/FBI people involved in the FISA Court/Steele Dossier shenanigans and are the same DOJ/FBI people involved in the Flynn case.

Metta,

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:07 am

Its insanity. How can be taken seriously, apart from tragically. :|

chownah

Post by chownah » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:35 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:51 am
Greetings Chownah,
chownah wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 am
This.

But it's not quite so simple, because the same DOJ/FBI people involved in covering up the Hillary Clinton classified info/email scandal are the same DOJ/FBI people involved in the FISA Court/Steele Dossier shenanigans and are the same DOJ/FBI people involved in the Flynn case.

Metta,
Thank for the info. You said that I have been warned......why would I need a warning?...and what would the warning be about? Do you think that I am in some way involved in this stuff? :spy: :jumping:
You seem to think that I have a horse in the race.....I do not.
I hope that horowitz catches all the bad guys (and gals).....and gives them a good spanking.
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:10 am

Greetings Chownah,
chownah wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:35 am
You said that I have been warned......why would I need a warning?...and what would the warning be about? Do you think that I am in some way involved in this stuff?
No, but you've been so persistently adamant for the past 12 months or so that so much of what is said on these matters is either "conspiracy theory" or "fake news", that when the outcome of these investigations turns out to be somewhat different to what you were led to believe by your trusted, so-called reputable media sources, there may be a degree of cognitive dissonance experienced. Mind you, I think you'll be fine. Others maybe not so much. I for one am expecting riots in the blue states. Perhaps the marines are too...?

chownah wrote:
I hope that horowitz catches all the bad guys (and gals).....and gives them a good spanking.
Well he can at least make the recommendation that they get a good spanking... and I believe he shall.

Metta,

chownah

Post by chownah » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:42 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:10 am
Greetings Chownah,
chownah wrote:
You said that I have been warned......why would I need a warning?...and what would the warning be about? Do you think that I am in some way involved in this stuff?
No, but you've been so persistently adamant for the past 12 months or so that so much of what is said on these matters is either "conspiracy theory" or "fake news", that when the outcome of these investigations turns out to be somewhat different to what you were led to believe by your trusted, so-called reputable media sources, there may be a degree of cognitive dissonance experienced. Mind you, I think you'll be fine. Others maybe not so much. I for one am expecting riots in the blue states. Perhaps the marines are too...?
I know what conspiracy theories are and when one is presented and I recognize it I call it what it is.
Mostly what I have called fake news is your misrepresentation of things. I would gladly post support for my claims of your fake news but you just either clam up or call me a sea lion. Either way I don't care. I think this time you will just clam up as the term sealioning has gone out of fashion amongst the internet poobahs.....it actually never had a very wide following anyway....I think it was mostly used by you and that 400 pound fat guy that trump hypothesised did all the russian hacking......but there might have been someone else but I have no idea who that would be....maybe it was milo....or maybe it was ovaltine......
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:27 pm

Greetings chownah,
chownah wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:42 pm
I would gladly post support for my claims of your fake news but you just either clam up or call me a sea lion.
No, I just have no time or interest in answering questions which are clearly asked in bad faith, no matter who they're from. So long as a questioner is asking questions for the genuine purpose of seeking answers, and I have the time to provide answers, I generally will. If that willingness is being abused, the willingness ceases.

On the flipside of that, if I'm not interested in someone's answers, I will not ask them questions.

My preference for conversation is that:

- individuals are free to express their perspective,
- other people are free to be interested in that perspective, or not,
- clarification can be sought but not demanded, and that
- hounding others due to a dislike of what is said is pretty intolerant and uncooth.

I hope that provides clarification on why and when I may or may not engage in conversation. I apply the same principles impartially to all.

:geek:

Metta,

chownah

Post by chownah » Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:52 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:27 pm
Greetings chownah,
chownah wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:42 pm
I would gladly post support for my claims of your fake news but you just either clam up or call me a sea lion.
No, I just have no time or interest in answering questions which are clearly asked in bad faith, no matter who they're from. So long as a questioner is asking questions for the genuine purpose of seeking answers, and I have the time to provide answers, I generally will. If that willingness is being abused, the willingness ceases.

On the flipside of that, if I'm not interested in someone's answers, I will not ask them questions.

My preference for conversation is that:

- individuals are free to express their perspective,
- other people are free to be interested in that perspective, or not,
- clarification can be sought but not demanded, and that
- hounding others due to a dislike of what is said is pretty intolerant and uncooth.

I hope that provides clarification on why and when I may or may not engage in conversation. I apply the same principles impartially to all.

:geek:

Metta,
What you have written supports what I have suspected about your avoidance of some issues raised....in that it seems that if you do not want to reply to a post you claim to know the intent of its author that intent being posting in bad faith and that they are abusing your willingness.....and that if the author is trying to focus the discussion on the salient issue instead of going on the wild chase being put up to avoid that salient issue then you know that the author is hounding and being intolerant and uncooth.

This is a very common strategy to avoid interaction especially when one wants to avoid the possibility that one might be wrong......blah blah blah. Having seen this strategy clearly manifest in my self and having heard many other people who have had the self awareness to have feretted it out in their own behavior and seeing how many people present the exact same scenarios I have come to the conclusion that there are many many people who use this strategy unknowingly.

I think that in many instance the root of the problem is the avoidance of the thought that "maybe I am wrong and she/he is right".....self defense....identity defense....clinging to views....
chownah