POTUS 2017

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
chownah

Re: POTUS 2017

Post by chownah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:02 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:55 pm
Greetings,
chownah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:05 pm
Bottom line: Flynn lied and got caught. I say "lock him up".
If that's the impression that has been created, then patriot Michael Flynn's work as a spook is complete.

:spy:

Consider the following from @ThomasWictor. He has spoken about Flynn many times throughout the year.

Metta,
Paul. :)
Everyone,
BEWARE OF THE CLICKBAIT! If you click on these links to go read what they say you will be adding to the importance and power of those who control that link. This is one of the biggest ways that the propogandists use to increase their influence. For instance, someone gives a ling to breitbart and you go there to see what is said.....you have just helped breitbart gain power and money by increasing their bragging rights to how big their readership is.....also, it is putting your personal data on the line to be mined by political AI programs which are gathering political data and using it to disseminate propoganda to further their cause.....this is not a paranoid fantasy....this is not fatasy at all....it is really happening....every day....right now.....

Retrofuturist,
If there is something in those links which is relevant (I find that many of you links don't really add much if anything) then please bring it here. I really don't want to click on those links and support your political agenda.
chownah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:04 am

Greetings Chownah,

:?

:spy: :alien: :spy:

:lol:

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 am

chownah wrote:
Bottom, bottom line: The last paragraph of the article is off topic and is yet another typical propoganistic ploy.
To me, it sounds like you have missed the entire point of this facade, which is it appears the entire matter that Democract left-wingers have been complaining about for the last 12 months has zero to do with Election Tampering but Flynn covering up for the demands of Israel. The irony could not be more amuzing. Nothing to do with evil Russia & evil Putin & everything to do with Israel. Flynn called the Russians to help Israel and was lying to protect Israel. Oh the irony. A President may be impeached because his team, including his son-in-law, were doing favours for Israel.

:rofl:

Btw, are you saying what might be myths about Russian Election Tampering & Computer Hacking may not be propaganda? ;)

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

chownah

Post by chownah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:25 am

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:11 am
chownah wrote:
Bottom, bottom line: The last paragraph of the article is off topic and is yet another typical propoganistic ploy.
To me, it sounds like you have missed the entire point of this facade, which is it appears the entire matter that Democract left-wingers have been complaining about for the last 12 months has zero to do with Election Tampering but Flynn covering up for the demands of Israel. The irony could not be more amuzing. Nothing to do with evil Russia & evil Putin & everything to do with Israel. Flynn called the Russians to help Israel and was lying to protect Israel. Oh the irony. A President may be impeached because his team, including his son-in-law, were doing favours for Israel.

:rofl:

Btw, are you saying what might be myths about Russian Election Tampering & Computer Hacking may not be propaganda? ;)
I'm glad that you find this as being funny....really....I mean it so I will repeat it....I'm glad that you find this as being funny. It's better then being all dour about it and getting stressed out.
Now for the discussion:
I don't know what you mean by "Democract left-wingers ".....are there democratic right-wingers? If you had said "democratic whingers" I would have a better understanding of who you meant. However, when you say "the entire matter that Democract left-wingers have been complaining about for the last 12 months" is tied up in the mueller investigation I think that you are saying that you must be missing alot of other things that they have been complaining about.

I guess it is ironic.....although the mandate given the mueller investigation is broad enough to clearly encompass the flynn issues....you can be assured of this two way...one way is to read the mandate and the other is that if it were not in the mandate you can be sure that flynn's lawyers would have recognized this and for sure he would not have pleaded guilty.

So....let' look at the mueller investigation score: 4 indictments with two guilty pleas and two still in play. What inning are we in? Depends on who you ask. Some people say just the first inning while others claimed the game was over with the first three indictments. People in the know seem to be saying that there is no sign that the investigation is winding down and that the two people pleading guilty (along with related developments) might very well provide further momentum to the investigation.

So far the issues addressed do not directly relate to election issues. You find this to be humorous which is great. Is that because you think that what has been uncovered so far is all that will be uncovered? Back when the mueller investigation was just being organized a poster here talked about how stupid it was an what a waste of resource.....seems they thought they actually knew all the details already. Here we are months down the line with an ongoing investigation. So far it has gotten convictions on two trump adminstration officials....guilty pleas....uncontested.......with two more trump administration officials contesting the charges bought against them....AND....the end is not in sight.

Do you think it is trivial that flynn lied to the fbi? I think that anyone who thinks that a gov't official lying to the fbi is a trivial thing is suffering from a bad case of identity politics.

Finally, I don't understand this: "Btw, are you saying what might be myths about Russian Election Tampering & Computer Hacking may not be propaganda?"
Where was I saying something? Was I saying that something was a myth?....and about something not being propoganda. Sorry, I really don't understand your question.
chownah

robertk

Post by robertk » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:49 am

chownah wrote:
From the article in the previous post:

In other words, the Justice Department wasn’t seeking information about what Flynn said to Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak – the intelligence agencies already had that information. Instead, Flynn was being quizzed on his precise recollection of the conversations and nailed for lying when his recollections deviated from the transcripts.
I don't find this disturbing at all. Flynn lied to the fbi and he pleaded guilty. If it was just that "his recollections deviated from the transcripts" he would not have pleaded guilty. Trying to characterize lying as bad recollection is a typical propogandistic ploy.

....again to give the impression that the scope of the investigation was limited to just certain things when it was not is a typical porpoganistic ploy.

chownah
Here is a lawyer's take. I don't know much about Dershowitz - he might be another right wing propaganda type (he is a professor at Harvard ).
http://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/ ... with-lying
Why did Flynn lie and why did Mueller charge him with lying?
BY ALAN M. DERSHOWITZ

The charge to which retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn has pleaded guilty may tell us a great deal about the Robert Mueller investigation.

The first question is, why did Flynn lie? People who lie to the FBI generally do so because, if they told the truth, they would be admitting to a crime. But the two conversations that Flynn falsely denied having were not criminal. He may have believed they were criminal but, if he did, he was wrong.

Consider his request to Sergey Kislyak, the Russian ambassador to the U.S., to delay or oppose a United Nations Security Council vote on an anti-Israel resolution that the outgoing Obama administration refused to veto. Not only was that request not criminal, it was the right thing to do. President Obama’s unilateral decision to change decades-long American policy by not vetoing a perniciously one-sided anti-Israel resolution was opposed by Congress and by most Americans. It was not good for America, for Israel or for peace. It was done out of Obama’s personal pique against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu rather than on principle.

Many Americans of both parties, including me, urged the lame-duck Obama not to tie the hands of the president-elect by allowing the passage of a resolution that would make it more difficult to achieve a negotiated peace in the Middle East.

As the president-elect, Donald Trump was constitutionally and politically entitled to try to protect his ability to broker a fair peace between the Israelis and Palestinians by urging all members of the Security Council to vote against or delay the enactment of the resolution. The fact that such efforts to do the right thing did not succeed does not diminish the correctness of the effort. I wish it had succeeded. We would be in a better place today.
Some left-wing pundits, who know better, are trotting out the Logan Act, which, if it were the law, would prohibit private citizens (including presidents-elect) from negotiating with foreign governments. But this anachronistic law hasn’t been used for more than 200 years. Under the principle of desuetude — a legal doctrine that prohibits the selective resurrection of a statute that has not been used for many decades — it is dead-letter. Moreover, the Logan Act is unconstitutional insofar as it prohibits the exercise of free speech.

If it were good law, former Presidents Reagan and Carter would have been prosecuted: Reagan for negotiating with Iran’s ayatollahs when he was president-elect, to delay releasing the American hostages until he was sworn in; Carter for advising Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat to reject former President Clinton’s peace offer in 2000-2001. Moreover, Jesse Jackson, Jane Fonda, Dennis Rodman and others who have negotiated with North Korea and other rogue regimes would have gone to prison.

So there was nothing criminal about Flynn’s request of Kislyak, even if he were instructed to do so by higher-ups in the Trump transition team. The same is true of his discussions regarding sanctions. The president-elect is entitled to have different policies about sanctions and to have his transition team discuss them with Russian officials.

This is the way The New York Times has put it: “Mr. Flynn’s discussions with Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador, were part of a coordinated effort by Mr. Trump’s aides to create foreign policy before they were in power, documents released as part of Mr. Flynn’s plea agreement show. Their efforts undermined the existing policy of President Barack Obama and flouted a warning from a senior Obama administration official to stop meddling in foreign affairs before the inauguration.”

If that characterization is accurate, it demonstrates conclusively that the Flynn conversations were political and not criminal. Flouting a warning from the Obama administration to stop meddling may be a political sin (though some would call it a political virtue) but it most assuredly is not a crime.

So why did Flynn lie about these conversations, and were his lies even material to Mueller’s criminal investigation if they were not about crimes?

The second question is why did Mueller charge Flynn only with lying? The last thing a prosecutor ever wants to do is to charge a key witness with lying.

A witness such as Flynn who has admitted he lied — whether or not to cover up a crime — is a tainted witness who is unlikely to be believed by jurors who know he’s made a deal to protect himself and his son. They will suspect that he is not only “singing for his supper” but that he may be “composing” as well — that is, telling the prosecutor what he wants to hear, even if it is exaggerated or flat-out false. A “bought” witness knows that the “better” his testimony, the sweeter the deal he will get. That’s why prosecutors postpone the sentencing until after the witness has testified, because experience has taught them that you can’t “buy” a witness; you can only “rent “ them for as long as you have the sword of Damocles hanging over them.

So, despite the banner headlines calling the Flynn guilty plea a “thunderclap,” I think it may be a show of weakness on the part of the special counsel rather than a sign of strength. So far he has had to charge potential witnesses with crimes that bear little or no relationship to any possible crimes committed by current White House incumbents. Mueller would have much preferred to indict Flynn for conspiracy or some other crime directly involving other people, but he apparently lacks the evidence to do so.

I do not believe he will indict anyone under the Logan Act. If he were to do so, that would be unethical and irresponsible. Nor do I think he will charge President Trump with any crimes growing out of the president’s exercise of his constitutional authority to fire the director of the FBI or to ask him not to prosecute Flynn.

The investigation will probably not end quickly, but it may end with, not a thunderclap, but several whimpers.

Alan M. Dershowitz is the Felix Frankfurter Professor of Law, Emeritus, at Harvard Law School and author of “Trumped Up: How Criminalizing Politics is Dangerous to Democracy.” Follow him on Twitter @AlanDersh and on Facebook @AlanMDershowitz.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:18 am

chownah wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:25 am
Do you think it is trivial that flynn lied to the fbi?
You have moved the goal posts from 'Russian-Espionage' to 'lying' about an unrelated matter. Also, you seem to be inferring politicians never lie.
robertk wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:49 am
Here is a lawyer's take. I don't know much about Dershowitz
Dershowitz is a hard-core Zionist thus obviously would speak to protect Flynn in this matter, which involved Flynn trying to help Israel. Personally, I am opposed to most of the things Dershowitz says but, here, I probably agree with him, namely, not much is going on. What Flynn did was not a danger to the USA or others (apart from upholding a long held US policy on Palestine). This can't be compared to the Bush administration lies about WMDs and the Obama-Hillary funding of terrorists; which resulted in millions of deaths, including US soldiers.
the two conversations that Flynn falsely denied having were not criminal. He may have believed they were criminal but, if he did, he was wrong.

...Obama’s unilateral decision to change decades-long American policy...
Note: I do not agree with Dershowitz's views on Israel & Palestine here but merely agree not much criminal occurred. I think it shows how the US media & govt is focused on the most ridiculous issues & the whole Russian election allegation has been ridiculous from the beginning. This is as stupid as Bill Clinton & Monica Lewinski. While Bill deregulated everything, impoverishing the US middle-class and while Trump passes his upper-class tax cuts, the media is caught up in ridiculous non-sense, which people like Chownah believe is important :roll:

chownah

Post by chownah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:54 am

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:18 am
chownah wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:25 am
Do you think it is trivial that flynn lied to the fbi?
You have moved the goal posts from 'Russian-Espionage' to 'lying' about an unrelated matter. Also, you seem to be inferring politicians never lie.
For me the real goal post is contained in the mandate for the mueller investigation and I believe that (for the reasons I have already given) all of the indictments and convictions are within the scope of those goal posts.
I don't see how you infer that politicians never lie. It is not even credible for you to say this. Is it credible to think that I would infer that politicians never lie? Preposterous. You really need to up your game.
Re: politicians lying: Politicians who lie to the fbi under oath are committing criminal acts just like anyone else lying to the fbi while under oath. Why don't you admit it....or do you think that politicians should get a get out of jail free card which they can use to avoid the consequences when lying to the fbi?....do you think that politicians are above the law?....or that lying to the fbi is trivial? Your point that so far there haven't been any indictments directly related to the election is well taken. The investigation is not over yet. We'll see what happens....maybe nothing else....maybe more. In the mean time it seems you are makeing a big fuss prematurely. It is good that you are looking at this with humor though.

When do you think that trump will pardon him?
chownah

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm

chownah wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:54 am
Pardon him for what? Having a discussion with a Russian diplomat about a UN vote about Israel? :roll:
Marc Rich (born Marcell David Reich; December 18, 1934 – June 26, 2013) was an international commodities trader, hedge fund manager, financier and businessman. He was best known for developing modern 20th century financial markets for commodities and founding the commodities company Glencore. He was also known for receiving a controversial pardon by former President Clinton in the United States from federal charges related to violating sanctions against his controversial oil and commodity trades with Iran during the Iran hostage crisis. He was in Switzerland at the time of the indictment and never returned to the United States throughout the rest of his life. He received a controversial presidential pardon from U.S. President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001, Clinton's last day in office
The Iran–Contra affair (Persian: ماجراي ایران-کنترا‎, Spanish: caso Irán-Contra), also referred to as Irangate, Contragate or the Iran–Contra scandal, was a political scandal in the United States that occurred during the second term of the Reagan Administration. Senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, which was the subject of an arms embargo. They hoped, thereby, to fund the Contras in Nicaragua while at the same time negotiating the release of several U.S. hostages. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress.

Caspar Weinberger, Secretary of Defense, was indicted on two counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice on June 16, 1992. Weinberger received a pardon from George H. W. Bush on December 24, 1992, before he was tried.

Robert C. McFarlane, National Security Adviser, convicted of withholding evidence, but after a plea bargain was given only two years of probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.

Elliott Abrams, Assistant Secretary of State, convicted of withholding evidence, but after a plea bargain was given only two years probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.

Alan D. Fiers, Chief of the CIA's Central American Task Force, convicted of withholding evidence and sentenced to one year probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.

Clair George, Chief of Covert Ops-CIA, convicted on two charges of perjury, but pardoned by President George H. W. Bush before sentencing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%8 ... ndictments

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:30 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm
chownah wrote:
Pardon him for what? Having a discussion with a Russian diplomat about a UN vote about Israel? :roll:
Marc Rich (born Marcell David Reich; December 18, 1934 – June 26, 2013) was an international commodities trader, hedge fund manager, financier and businessman. He was best known for developing modern 20th century financial markets for commodities and founding the commodities company Glencore. He was also known for receiving a controversial pardon by former President Clinton in the United States from federal charges related to violating sanctions against his controversial oil and commodity trades with Iran during the Iran hostage crisis. He was in Switzerland at the time of the indictment and never returned to the United States throughout the rest of his life. He received a controversial presidential pardon from U.S. President Bill Clinton on January 20, 2001, Clinton's last day in office
The Iran–Contra affair (Persian: ماجراي ایران-کنترا‎, Spanish: caso Irán-Contra), also referred to as Irangate, Contragate or the Iran–Contra scandal, was a political scandal in the United States that occurred during the second term of the Reagan Administration. Senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, which was the subject of an arms embargo. They hoped, thereby, to fund the Contras in Nicaragua while at the same time negotiating the release of several U.S. hostages. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress.

Caspar Weinberger, Secretary of Defense, was indicted on two counts of perjury and one count of obstruction of justice on June 16, 1992. Weinberger received a pardon from George H. W. Bush on December 24, 1992, before he was tried.

Robert C. McFarlane, National Security Adviser, convicted of withholding evidence, but after a plea bargain was given only two years of probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.

Elliott Abrams, Assistant Secretary of State, convicted of withholding evidence, but after a plea bargain was given only two years probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.

Alan D. Fiers, Chief of the CIA's Central American Task Force, convicted of withholding evidence and sentenced to one year probation. Later pardoned by President George H. W. Bush.

Clair George, Chief of Covert Ops-CIA, convicted on two charges of perjury, but pardoned by President George H. W. Bush before sentencing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%8 ... ndictments
I do enjoy how well researched your posts are DooDoot.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

chownah

Post by chownah » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:12 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:04 pm
chownah wrote:
Pardon him for the crime he plead guilty to of course. :rolleye:
chowah

chownah

Post by chownah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:46 am

Trump’s Treasury Dept embarrasses itself with one-page ‘analysis’
http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show ... e-analysis
And third, the entire Treasury Department analysis literally fits on one page. If we exclude the headline, the document isn’t quite 400 words (by comparison, the blog post you’re reading right now is 622 words).

What the Trump administration released this morning isn’t an analysis of tax legislation; it’s a joke. Treasury officials had plenty of time to do a thorough policy review, even massage the numbers in a favorable way, and produce something that wasn’t laughable, and all they ended up producing is a one-page document that further contradicts the Republican line about the GOP tax plan paying for itself.
chownah

chownah

Post by chownah » Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Remember those trump denials that russia interfered with the election?
Twitter this evening released a new set of statistics related to its investigation on Russia propaganda efforts to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election, including that 677,775 people were exposed to social media posts from more than 50,000 automated accounts with links to the Russian government.
https://news.slashdot.org/story/18/01/2 ... g-election
chownah

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:35 pm

Trump fires Tillerson as secretary of state, points to Iran deal disagreement

US president nominates Mike Pompeo as top diplomat; Gina Haspel to become CIA's first female chief; Tillerson reportedly found out via twee

The two had disagreed over the Iran nuclear deal. Iran agreed before Trump took office to curb its nuclear program in exchange for the easing of economic sanctions. The president regularly criticizes the agreement as a bad deal and has repeatedly threatened to end it.

Trump spoke Tuesday of his desire to break the deal, but noted that Tillerson “felt a little bit differently, so we were not really thinking the same.”

The move came days after Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met with Trump. Netanyahu said ending or fixing the Iran deal took up most of their conversation.

Haspel is a career spymaster who once ran an agency prison in Thailand where terror suspects were subjected to a harsh interrogation technique that the president has supported.

She briefly ran a secret CIA prison where accused terrorists Abu Zubaydah and Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri were waterboarded in 2002. That’s according to current and former US intelligence officials, who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because they weren’t authorized to discuss the issue.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/trump-fir ... -of-state/
Analysis Tillerson's Sacking Will Shock America and the World - but Delight Israel

The secretary of state’s cardinal sin was that he didn’t kowtow to Trump to the degree that the president craves and requires

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premiu ... -1.5905531
Trump pick for new CIA director Gina Haspel oversaw torture

Gina Haspel ran CIA's first 'black site' in and was involved in the destruction of videotapes of interrogations.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/03/ ... 00866.html
:|

alan

Post by alan » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:50 am

True. Obama should have gone after the War Criminals.
He focused, instead on Health Care, and got it passed. That was an historic achievement.
Could he have been better? Yes.

Should he have paid all his attention to the Iraq War Criminals, at a time when it looked like the entire world economy was going to collapse?
Maybe. But, I'll bet no one else could have done a better job.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:41 pm

What Secretary of State Tillerson’s Firing Means

Senator Chuck Schumer (D, NY) says Tillerson’s firing indicates that the Trump administration is disintegrating. I understand why Senator Schumer sees it that way, expecially following all the other dismissals and resignations.

I see it differently. The firing of Secretary of State Tillerson, the movement of CIA Director Pompeo to Secretary of State, and the promotion of Gina Haspel, who oversaw the secret CIA torture prisons in Thailand (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/02/us/p ... iland.html), indicate that the military/security complex has closed its grip on the Trump regime. There will be no more talk of normalizing relations with Russia.

The combination of the Israel Lobby, the neoconservatives, and the military/security complex have proven to be too powerful for peace to be established between the two nuclear powers. If you look at Trump’s administration, the above three forces are those in charge.

Israel remains determined to use the US military to destabilize Syria and Iran in order to isolate Hezbollah and cut off the milita’s support and supplies. The neoconservatives both support Israel’s interest and their own desire for Washington’s hegemony over the world. The military/security complex intends to hold on to the “Russia threat” as a justification of its budget and power.

The presstitutes are in complete harmony with the scheme. Although Russiagate has been proven to be false charges orchestrated by the DNC, FBI, and CIA, the presstitutes continue to repeat the charges as if evidence exists that proves the charges to be true. The “stolen election” is fiction turned into fact. And now we have a new charge, that Putin ordered a former British spy in England to be eliminated while sitting on a park bench with the use of a highly unlikely form of military poison. The charge is preposterous, but that is not preventing the fiction from becoming fact.

Having served in Washington for a quarter century and having known members of the British government, I do not believe that any of them believe the Russiagate and Skripal poisoning stories. What is happening is that an agenda has taken precedence over truth.

This is an extremely dangerous agenda. Russia’s new weapons easily give Russia military superiority over the US. As China and Iran see the situation similarly to the Russians, the US is greatly out-classed. Yet, Washington and its vassals persist in making violent and false charges and threats against Russia, Iran, and on occasion China. Russia, Iran, and China know that these charges are false. Confronting an endless string of false and hostile charges, they prepare for war.

The world is being driven to war, which would be nuclear, by a tiny minority: Israeli Zionists, neoconservatives, and the US military/security complex. We are witnessing the most reckless and irresponsible behavior in world history. Where are the voices against it?

https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/
https://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2018/0 ... ing-means/

Paul Craig Roberts (born April 3, 1939) is an American economist, journalist, blogger, and former civil servant. He is best known as a journalist specializing in economic affairs from an anti-establishment, liberal conservative perspective. He was the United States Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy under President Reagan in 1981.

chownah

Post by chownah » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:57 pm

Trump says he made up facts in Justin Trudeau trade meeting: 'I had no idea. I just said "you're wrong"'
https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-m ... 23772.html
Trump brags about making stuff up while carrying out international relations.
chownah

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:03 am

A round-up of recent firings and hirings, from the Aussie ABC - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-16/d ... cs/9555078 - starting with Rex.
Imagine for a moment you're the top diplomat of the United States of America.
And then imagine you find out you're no longer the top diplomat of the United States via tweet, while in Africa ...
bingo.png
bingo.png (452.73 KiB) Viewed 401 times
:popcorn:
Kim

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 am

Greetings Kim,

Don't forget Globalist Gary...

The Globalist purge is on.

:thumbsup:

(conflicting reports also regarding McMaster today...)

Metta,
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:07 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:21 am
Greetings Kim,

Don't forget Globalist Gary...

The Globalist purge is on.

:thumbsup:

(conflicting reports also regarding McMaster today...)

Metta,
The US retreating into isolationism - "The rest of the world doesn't matter," maybe?
I'm sure it's not, "If China wants to run the world, we will happily step aside for them," although that's what is happening.

:popcorn:
Kim

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:18 am

Greetings Kim,
Kim OHara wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:07 am
The US retreating into isolationism - "The rest of the world doesn't matter," maybe?
No, it's important to differentiate between globalism and globalisation.

Metta,