Witches cast 'mass spell' against Donald Trump

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
gavesako

Witches cast 'mass spell' against Donald Trump

Post by gavesako » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:11 pm

Witches cast 'mass spell' against Donald Trump - Witch Uposatha?
:stirthepot:
At the stroke of midnight on Friday, followers of witchcraft across the US performed a mass spell designed to remove the president from office.
A Facebook group devoted to the ritual has attracted over 10,500 likes, and coined the hashtag #magicresistance.
The development has sparked fury among Christian conservatives, who have accused the witches of "declaring spiritual war".
Participating witches plan to repeat the spell on days when there is a waning crescent moon, until Mr Trump leaves the Oval Office. The next ritual is set for 26 March.
Thus far, Mr Trump has failed to comment on the battle between Bible and broomstick.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39090334
Bhikkhu Gavesako
Kiṃkusalagavesī anuttaraṃ santivarapadaṃ pariyesamāno... (MN 26)

Access to Insight - Theravada texts
Ancient Buddhist Texts - Translations and history of Pali texts
Dhammatalks.org - Sutta translations

Sam Vara

Re: Witches cast 'mass spell' against Donald Trump

Post by Sam Vara » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:53 pm

gavesako wrote: At the stroke of midnight on Friday, followers of witchcraft across the US performed a mass spell designed to remove the president from office.
Unless it's a delayed action spell, it failed.

plwk

Post by plwk » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:00 am

Bhante, this reminds me of a live TV stunt in India I watched some time back where a Hindu tantrika teacher claimed that he can murder Sanal Edamaruku, a leading atheist movement leader in India with his craft in minutes and after repeated attempts of 15 minutes, he gave up and claimed that the devas are shielding the atheist :rofl:

http://www.rationalistinternational.net ... /en_1.html

But will the devas cover for Trump.... :rolleye:

mirco

Post by mirco » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:17 am

Oh my... Metta for Trump and for the witches :heart:
"An important term for meditative absorption is samadhi. We often translate that as concentration, but that can suggest a certain stiffness. Perhaps unification is a better rendition, as samadhi means to bring together. Deep samadhi isn't at all stiff. It's a process of letting go of other things and coming to a unified experience." - Bhikkhu Anālayo

binocular

Post by binocular » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:17 pm

plwk wrote:But will the devas cover for Trump....
Possibly for the next eight years.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:23 pm

It takes a long time to impeach / remove a U.S. president. First he has to commit some crime or grave error (being a jerk doesn't count), then the House of Rep. has to meet and debate it, investigate it and then vote. And then the U.S. Senate holds a trial. It went through the House of Rep. only 2 times in U.S. history and then did not go through in the Senate (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton).

In other nations it is much easier. The parliament can meet and do a vote of no-confidence and call a new election.

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:28 pm

plwk wrote: this reminds me of a live TV stunt in India I watched some time back where a Hindu tantrika teacher claimed that he can murder Sanal Edamaruku, a leading atheist movement leader in India with his craft in minutes and after repeated attempts of 15 minutes, he gave up and claimed that the devas are shielding the atheist :rofl:
I don't understand Hindi but from the body language and the atheist getting amused, that was pretty funny. What if it worked? Would the guru get charged with murder? :?

binocular

Post by binocular » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:30 pm

And what was a Hindu guru doing offering to murder someone to begin with???

plwk

Post by plwk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:09 am

I don't understand Hindi but from the body language and the atheist getting amused, that was pretty funny.
I found an English language link that gives a full account of this live fiasco and appended in my posting a bit later, that should give some context.
What if it worked?
Then James Randi may want to contact that tantrika guru...
Would the guru get charged with murder? :?
Well, that's for the Indian legal system to answer...
It takes a long time to impeach / remove a U.S. president. First he has to commit some crime or grave error (being a jerk doesn't count), then the House of Rep. has to meet and debate it, investigate it and then vote. And then the U.S. Senate holds a trial. It went through the House of Rep. only 2 times in U.S. history and then did not go through in the Senate (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton).
All of that or a repeat of what happened to JFK back then...ala Duterte style...

On the other hand...
Joshua Feuerstein, an evangelical pastor who has previously condemned Starbucks for taking Christmas symbols off its seasonal red cups, issued an "urgent warning", saying "millions of witches" were trying to curse the president. "Their bippity-boppity-boo isn't more powerful than the name of Jesus!" he declared in an online video.
He probably misses those 'good ole days' of Salem when his ilk use to have an upper hand huh...

plwk

Post by plwk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:14 am

I don't understand Hindi but from the body language and the atheist getting amused, that was pretty funny.
I found an English language link that gives a full account of this live fiasco and appended in my posting a bit later, that should give some context.
What if it worked?
Then James Randi may want to contact that tantrika guru...
Would the guru get charged with murder? :?
Well, that's for the Indian legal system to answer...
All of that or a repeat of what happened to JFK back then...ala Duterte style...

On the other hand...
Joshua Feuerstein, an evangelical pastor who has previously condemned Starbucks for taking Christmas symbols off its seasonal red cups, issued an "urgent warning", saying "millions of witches" were trying to curse the president. "Their bippity-boppity-boo isn't more powerful than the name of Jesus!" he declared in an online video.
He probably misses those 'good ole days' of Salem when his ilk used to have an upper hand huh...