ACA mandate removed

If you wish to raise new topics on News, Current Events & Politics, please do so at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
ancientbuddhism

ACA mandate removed

Post by ancientbuddhism » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:46 pm

Major Blow to Obamacare Mandate: IRS Won't Reject Tax Returns That Don't Answer Health Insurance Question

Could this be the beginning of the end? ACA has been the greatest shylock since the forming of the IRS.
I say, beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather a new wearer of clothes.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walden, 1854

Secure your own mask before assisting others. – NORTHWEST AIRLINES (Pre-Flight Instruction)

A Handful of Leaves

chownah

Re: ACA mandate removed

Post by chownah » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:12 am

IRS...ACA....shylock?
chownah

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:32 am

Thanks for posting that. I did not have health insurance last year because my payment would have been around $1,300/month. This year I have insurance which is costing me about $900/mo.
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

ancientbuddhism

Post by ancientbuddhism » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:51 am

Kamran wrote:Thanks for posting that. I did not have health insurance last year because my payment would have been around $1,300/month. This year I have insurance which is costing me about $900/mo.
ACA has been devastating for many individuals and families. Even effecting group Ins. Plans through employers to where deductibles are so high across the board that it is not worth having Ins.
I say, beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather a new wearer of clothes.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walden, 1854

Secure your own mask before assisting others. – NORTHWEST AIRLINES (Pre-Flight Instruction)

A Handful of Leaves

Buddha Vacana

Post by Buddha Vacana » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:07 am

In the mean time, insurance companies have doubled their profit... follow the money :toilet:

Justsit

Post by Justsit » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:00 pm

Eagerly awaiting the details of the Republican alternative plan which we have been told is in the works, details of which are still conspicuous by their absence. There is apparently not even a consensus on what the new plan will entail. And thus there is not even a hint of an idea of what the cost will be to individuals.

:popcorn: