Executive Action of Deportations

If you wish to raise new topics on News, Current Events & Politics, please do so at Dhamma Wheel Engaged.
ancientbuddhism

Executive Action of Deportations

Post by ancientbuddhism » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:58 pm

I say, beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather a new wearer of clothes.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walden, 1854

Secure your own mask before assisting others. – NORTHWEST AIRLINES (Pre-Flight Instruction)

A Handful of Leaves

ancientbuddhism

Re: Executive Action of Deportations

Post by ancientbuddhism » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:05 pm

Since the purview of ICE is nationwide, this should be in effect across the country. PEW Research gives a helpful map with statistics to consider.

20 metro areas are home to six-in-ten unauthorized immigrants in U.S.
I say, beware of all enterprises that require new clothes, and not rather a new wearer of clothes.” – Henry David Thoreau, Walden, 1854

Secure your own mask before assisting others. – NORTHWEST AIRLINES (Pre-Flight Instruction)

A Handful of Leaves

pulga

Post by pulga » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:01 pm

ICE ought to be focusing its attention of those convicted of violent felonies.

ancientbuddhism

Post by ancientbuddhism » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:06 pm

pulga wrote:ICE ought to be focusing its attention of those convicted of violent felonies.
If you read the article, she walked into it at a scheduled check-in. I agree though, this does not start things off well.

But then again, it is a law. If I were to surreptitiously cross into another country or overstay a visa, and stay there, I would have to own the fact that life could be upset by that at anytime. What to say of having a family in that situation?

A Handful of Leaves

chownah

Post by chownah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:01 am

Is everyone in her position being deported or just her?
If not everyone then why her?
chownah

ancientbuddhism

Post by ancientbuddhism » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:56 am

chownah wrote:Is everyone in her position being deported or just her?
If not everyone then why her?
I wondered this too. After this you can be sure that no known illegal is going to their check-in with ICE. But how many more like her are known by ICE? This is not a good first step on deportations, it runs against what DJT had said with reference to deporting criminals, especially violent ones, while working on a pathway to citizenship for those normal and otherwise law-abiding illegals. There is a disturbing disconnect in DJT's policies from all the rhetoric. By law, he has the privilege to order the broad-sweeping deportation of anyone in breach of U.S. immigration laws. But he has the rare opportunity to take a middle-way by parsing deporting criminal or dubious persons from providing a pathway to citizenship for those who have been here long in good standing, yet all the while imposing a vigilant border and a new strict immigration vetting.

A Handful of Leaves

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:03 am

According to the news reports apparently she used a fake social security number a few years back. She had been in the U.S. since she was 14 and is now being deported a country she doesn't really know since she has lived and worked in the U.S. so long and has raised a family here. She is now 35 years old, having lived in the U.S. for 21 years.

President Obama deported more people than any other U.S. president (you can google to verify this) and many here have called Obama the "deporter-in-chief" although Obama was more discreet about it. Trump will no doubt be more vocal about it, to confirm his campaign promises, but it remains to be seen which one will have deported more.

chownah

Post by chownah » Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:26 am

At first I thougt garcia de rayos was an illegal immigrant and could not figure why an illegal immigrant would be checking in regularly at ICE......after reading the article about her again I couldn't find anything which said she was illegal. I'm thinking that she was a docmented legal immigrant and was deported for having broken a law. Is this correct?
chownah

pulga

Post by pulga » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:06 am

I think it would be great if President Trump did the right thing and allowed Ms. Garcia de Rayos to return to her family. I'm sure given the dubious nature of her arrest that they could find some pretext for allowing her to stay while she tries to overturn her felony conviction. Trump needs to reign in his overly zealous subordinates, if not we're going to be in for a good deal of social turmoil.

ancientbuddhism

U.S. Immigration Enforcement has a President Now

Post by ancientbuddhism » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Fear spreads in L.A. after immigration ‘raid,’ advocates claim. Officials say arrests are ‘routine.”

Downtown Protesters Claim ICE Sweeps Of Immigrants Are Spiking

Mexico Preparing for Uptick in Deportations
  • Tamaulipas President of the Chamber of Commerce, Julio Cesar Almanza Armas, said they aren’t fully equipped to take in a large number of nationals who are deported from the U.S.

“We aren’t ready for it, but it has to be done. I know that they are already working on it, the local, state and federal government and the cities along the border,” he said.

A Handful of Leaves

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Greetings,

This could be how Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for the wall... by making them see it will cost them more to receive these people back than it would cost them to pay for the wall.

The groundwork for negotiations has commenced...

8-)

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

ancientbuddhism

Post by ancientbuddhism » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:13 am

DJT may not be the 'art of the deal' but he does have a knack for manipulation.

A Handful of Leaves

ancientbuddhism

Post by ancientbuddhism » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:33 pm

A Handful of Leaves

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:31 pm

Trump is using the "Speak Loudly But Carry a Small Stick" strategy.

Any crisis that makes him look weak will kick him out of office.

For example, Jimmy Carter was kicked out by the Iran Hostage crisis (see below video)

The Iraq Quagmire kicked the Bush Neo-Con Crew out of power.

Mexico, and other countries, have many ways to create a prolonged crisis for the Trump Admin if they choose to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArW8BGv1RyM
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

ancientbuddhism

Post by ancientbuddhism » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Kamran wrote:Mexico, and other countries, have many ways to create a prolonged crisis for the Trump Admin if they choose to.
And that is the plan it seems.

Mexicans Vow to Fight Trump by Jamming U.S. Courts

Which may not give the results they want. Going to court to argue their right to violate immigration laws that will likely bring up other violations such as identity theft through stolen SSI numbers? DJT owes no apology for enforcing laws others were negligent to do.

A Handful of Leaves