Surviving sex slavery to Europe's elite at age 6

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Stiphan

Surviving sex slavery to Europe's elite at age 6

Post by Stiphan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:18 am

This is a most chilling article - perhaps the most chilling I have ever read.

This woman endured the worst pain and humiliation a woman - or any human being - ever could, and not only survived, but became stronger than the vast majority of human beings.

This is a testament - the greatest one - of how the worst pain and total humiliation could become the source of the greatest strength, wisdom and compassion.

I bow low down in homage to this brave woman. Thank you. For giving us all this most powerful lesson of the sheer power of the human spirit and its ability to defeat the darkest sides of human nature.

Throughout reading the article, I was only able to repeat "Oh My God, Oh My God" even though I do not believe in a God.

One thing I have confirmed for myself: by overcoming the worst, you thereby become the strongest.

But are we going to do something about preventing such things from happening in the first place?

https://www.globalcitizen.org/content/a ... ficking-am

ryanlibrarian

Re: Surviving sex slavery to Europe's elite at age 6

Post by ryanlibrarian » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:49 pm

Wow! What she suffered at the hands of fellow human beings is unspeakably horrifying. How she reacted to it and came through at the other end is amazing - truly reflective on her part. It puts many of the "problems" most of the rest of us face into perspective as well.

Stiphan

Re: Surviving sex slavery to Europe's elite at age 6

Post by Stiphan » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:20 pm

ryanlibrarian wrote:Wow! What she suffered at the hands of fellow human beings is unspeakably horrifying. How she reacted to it and came through at the other end is amazing - truly reflective on her part. It puts many of the "problems" most of the rest of us face into perspective as well.
Exactly.