Fake News

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Locked
User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20169
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Fake News

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:49 am

"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

pulga
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Fake News

Post by pulga » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:08 pm

I thought the liberal media thoroughly debunked the Uranium One scandal. It'll be interesting to see how they spin this, or will it be more or less censored out of their news cycle?

Uranium One informant makes Clinton allegations to Congress

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Fake News

Post by lyndon taylor » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:16 pm

So your way to contribute to the fake news thread is to post fake news??
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

pulga
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Fake News

Post by pulga » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:58 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:16 pm
So your way to contribute to the fake news thread is to post fake news??
This is the information that Eric Holder tried to keep hidden with his gag order.

Exclusive: Secret witness in Senate Clinton probe is ex-lobbyist for Russian firm

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 20169
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Fake News

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 pm

Greetings Pulga,

It certainly does not look good for them...

FBI informant says Russians wired money in hopes of influencing Hillary Clinton in Uranium One ploy: Report

I read a comment today, in which someone succinctly rolled together a few of the concurrent investigations (e.g. Uranium One, Russian Interference, FISA abuses, Clinton Foundation) into a brief summary. If their suggestion of what is going on is even remotely true, things are going to get very interesting...
The evidence will reveal that Putin's guys knew that Uranium One was a done deal, as Putin had bought Hillary & Bill off.

Obama knew the whole time, but did nothing.

Trump's win would expose them, so Obama & Clinton tried to rig the election.

They are traitors. Simple as that.
No wonder the fake news media are so desperate to suggest that the Uranium One scandal is "debunked".

:lol:
Pulga wrote:It'll be interesting to see how they spin this, or will it be more or less censored out of their news cycle?
I suspect it will be downplayed at best, "censored out" at worst. Such is the modus operandi of fake news media.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

pulga
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Re: Fake News

Post by pulga » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:13 am

retrofuturist wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 pm


I read a comment today, in which someone succinctly rolled together a few of the concurrent investigations (e.g. Uranium One, Russian Interference, FISA abuses, Clinton Foundation) into a brief summary. If their suggestion of what is going on is even remotely true, things are going to get very interesting...
The evidence will reveal that Putin's guys knew that Uranium One was a done deal, as Putin had bought Hillary & Bill off.

Obama knew the whole time, but did nothing.

Trump's win would expose them, so Obama & Clinton tried to rig the election.

They are traitors. Simple as that.
I'm not sure whether I'd go quite that far in my speculation, but it is tantalizing. Once the OIG report is out next month and the president has some apolitical facts to act upon I think he'll ask for a special prosecutor to investigate the whole DOJ/FBI mess. Then the fun begins. Since this ties into the Russian probe that Sessions has recused himself of and Rosenstein is implicated in the FISA warrant scandal himself, the third in command at the DOJ will have to choose the prosecutor. A sorry state of affairs.

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Fake News

Post by alan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:02 am

That whole 'Uranium One" thing is just such a total load of propaganda Bullshit.
And it is so easy to see why it is! Multiple sources have proven it wrong. You can believe the facts, or you can be deluded into believing the propaganda Bullshit. What is wrong with people who continue to be deluded?

Is it because they are just stupid, or is it because they have some psychological problems?
Either way, when people tell you obvious Bullshit, here is what you should do:
Ask them to prove it. If they cannot, well, then they can go to hell.https://www.vox.com/2017/11/17/16658080 ... ssia-chart

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Fake News

Post by lyndon taylor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:13 am

alan wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:02 am
That whole 'Uranium One" thing is just such a total load of propaganda Bullshit.
And it is so easy to see why it is! Multiple sources have proven it wrong. You can believe the facts, or you can be deluded into believing the propaganda Bullshit. What is wrong with people who continue to be deluded?

Is it because they are just stupid, or is it because they have some psychological problems?
Either way, when people tell you obvious Bullshit, here is what you should do:
Ask them to prove it. If they cannot, well, then they can go to hell.https://www.vox.com/2017/11/17/16658080 ... ssia-chart
Do you think you might find a better way to make your point without being a jerk about it, and relying on foul language, I agree the Uranium One story is probably fake news, but there are better ways to express that.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Fake News

Post by alan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:30 am

In a world turned upside down, where the stupid people rule, I am allowed to tell them to go to Hell.
If you have a better way of expressing it, do so now.

User avatar
lyndon taylor
Posts: 1835
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 11:41 pm
Location: Redlands, US occupied Northern Mexico
Contact:

Re: Fake News

Post by lyndon taylor » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:40 am

Actually according to forum rules you're not allowed to tell people to go to hell, why you get away with it I don't know??
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Fake News

Post by alan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:14 am

Maybe because I am right when I say that. If you can prove anything I've said to be incorrect, you are free do do so now.

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Fake News

Post by alan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:14 am

It was all a "Hoax"!
No, it was not.

And Trump has nothing to do with Russia! You can see it for yourself here:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 5.31.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 5.31.31 PM.png (321.48 KiB) Viewed 637 times

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Fake News

Post by alan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:33 am

Who denies what I am saying?
God Dam Trump is guilty as Hell.
I am right!

User avatar
Pseudobabble
Posts: 735
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:11 am
Location: London

Re: Fake News

Post by Pseudobabble » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:36 am

alan wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:33 am
I am right!
I think its pretty clear you want to be right.
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta


'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha

alan
Posts: 3094
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:14 am
Location: Miramar beach, Fl.

Re: Fake News

Post by alan » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:08 am

Who does not? But I will be proven correct.

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests