The so called conspiracy theories have ended up true

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
cjmacie

Re: The so called conspiracy theories have ended up true

Post by cjmacie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:49 am

Nozdromus wrote:
The so called conspiracy theories have ended up true
And I knew it all along. I have been trying to warn people over the internet about what is going to happen but they do not listen. They do not listen ! THEY DO NOT LISTEN !!!
Yes, and get your licks in while there's still time. "When" (IMO more likely than "if") something politically/economically/militarily really big erupts, involving several major nations, the first casualty will be the internet!

cjmacie

Post by cjmacie » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:51 am

David N. Snyder wrote:...I just mention that even if Trump were to do some illegal things (and not saying that he will), there are systems in place to take care of that and he can be removed from office, if needed.
Seconding that. The Donald appears to be re-instating royalty (and Chinese-style family cronyism), and using intimidation to get people at all levels to tow the line. Three (so far) retired generals in major cabinet posts, whose nature is to follow orders, and martial law will be just around the corner.

(That may be just another conspiracy theory.)

But remember history, e.g. Richard Nixon. He tended to operate with a sense of royal empowerment, but made so many enemies along the way that one opportune day they all came out and cashed him in.

Jojola

Post by Jojola » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:29 pm

No_Mind wrote:
anthbrown84 wrote:ok... the title is a bit out there, but it seems to me that the world is heading in a very... very dark direction.
metta, anthony
Surely it is a bit of overstatement .. the world? Here in South Asia everything is just fine and economy is buoyant. I am sure it is the same in South Africa and Japan too.

Why this Western propensity to think the world revolves around New York or London? Even if aliens came and occupied North American continent (War of Worlds kind of scenario) people from Tel Aviv, Durban, Delhi, Singapore, Sydney, Kyoto will continue to do just fine (provided the aliens do not visit here).

We have survived without North American civilisation for thousands of years and shall continue to do so for thousands of years (barring asteroids). No need to transpose North American problems and anxieties on to rest of us who lead simple, blissful lives.

:namaste:

:goodpost:
Regards,

- :heart:
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Only in a vertical view, straight down into the abyss of his own personal existence, is a man capable of apprehending the perilous insecurity of his situation; and only a man who does apprehend this is prepared to listen to the Buddha’s Teaching." - Nanavira Thera (1920-1965) :candle:

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:22 am

In my opinion this video is well worth 6 minutes of your time. It is from a couple of years ago and was made for a UK audience but, in my opinions, the ideas are relevant to a number of threads which have been on here recently. And are thought provoking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyop0d30UqQ

There is also a clip by the same film maker called "How Trump Adopted Russian Political Technology to Subvert Democracy" on you tube taken from the film "HyperNormalisation"

Buddha Vacana

Post by Buddha Vacana » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:06 pm

Mr Man wrote:In my opinion this video is well worth 6 minutes of your time.
There is also a clip by the same film maker called "How Trump Adopted Russian Political Technology to Subvert Democracy" on you tube taken from the film "HyperNormalisation"
:goodpost: