Pauline Hanson calls for Muslim immigration ban in maiden speech to Senate

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
Modus.Ponens

Re: Pauline Hanson calls for Muslim immigration ban in maiden speech to Senate

Post by Modus.Ponens » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:19 pm

MrMan wrote: Personally I have no time for Islamic hate preachers and no time for non-Islamic hate preachers.
I thought this was directed at me. You said you didn't insult me so I moved on.
He turns his mind away from those phenomena, and having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.'
(Jhana Sutta - Thanissaro Bhikkhu translation)

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:48 pm

Modus.Ponens wrote:
MrMan wrote: Personally I have no time for Islamic hate preachers and no time for non-Islamic hate preachers.
How could you think that? And there was also this
And don't try to insult your way out of contentious discussions. Insults will not solve the contentious problems. Your fundamental mistake is thinking that me and Pauline have anything to do with each other
Although I hadn't insulted you.

You also accused me of reading without proper attention
read my post with propper attention
And of misrepresentation
You don't have to misrepresent my words, intentionally or not
And offering poor questions to the discussion.
Why would you think that's a good question?

Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:20 pm

Mr Man wrote:
Modus.Ponens wrote:
How could you think that? And there was also this
And don't try to insult your way out of contentious discussions. Insults will not solve the contentious problems. Your fundamental mistake is thinking that me and Pauline have anything to do with each other
Although I hadn't insulted you.

You also accused me of reading without proper attention
read my post with propper attention
And of misrepresentation
You don't have to misrepresent my words, intentionally or not
And offering poor questions to the discussion.
Why would you think that's a good question?
Why do you want a meta discussion? All of those questions can be answered if your read the thread again in the right order.
He turns his mind away from those phenomena, and having done so, inclines his mind to the property of deathlessness: 'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.'
(Jhana Sutta - Thanissaro Bhikkhu translation)

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:31 pm

Modus.Ponens wrote:
Why do you want a meta discussion? All of those questions can be answered if your read the thread again in the right order.
I don't. I just think you need to give up on personal attacks and untruths like
After the Paris attack the police raided 160 mosques and in 100 of them found military grade weapons like AK47, grenades, explosives, rocket launchers, etc.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:39 pm

Modus.Ponens wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:39 pm
Islamic doctrine has no separation of religion and state. Islam is the religion, the political system and the law.
True. But Western nations have their own laws. What is to fear?
Modus.Ponens wrote:
Now, what people are justifiably worried is about those muslims who take this belief system seriously and want to impose it on others either through direct violence ( jihad) or through propaganda and indirect violence, such as intimidation, funding terrorism, infiltration in structures of western power, counter information, etc. (islamism).

The above is hilarious. The funders of terrorism & extremism are the US-Australian allied Saudi Arabia & Qatar, which represent Western power. If Western govt shared your concerns, they would immediately put a stop to the Saudi funding, including of Wahhabi schools in Australia, USA, etc.
Modus.Ponens wrote:
The evidence shows that not all muslims are part of this hostile supremacist and fascist project . But the evidence also shows that a significant minority is. You can check the Pew Research polls, among many others, that give you an idea of the level of radicalization within the muslim world.

Polls in the mountains of Pakistan? The Islam experience in a country such as Australia is free from violence; apart from an Iranian criminal who the Australian govt used as a spokesperson for Iranian persecution; who ended up killing people in the same of ISIS.

The reality is the level of radicalization within the muslim world has probably certainly grown as a result of Western militarism against Muslim nations. Even the Buddha taught evil behaviour results in retaliation from victims.
Modus.Ponens wrote:
So people are justifiably worried about those muslims who have fascist aspirations.

Hilarious, again, when it is Western imperialism that is obvious fascist. Sorry, but there is no "justification".
Modus.Ponens wrote:
It's not islamophobia because it's a rational fear of religious fascists.
Sorry, it is certainly irrational because governments control Western states & immigration.
Modus.Ponens wrote:
It was rational to fear the inquisition. If you were It is rational to fear nazism. It is rational to fear maoism and stalinism. And it is rational to fear islamism.
In Buddhism, fault is 1st examined within oneself. The above is a list that excludes the British Empire, Zionism & American imperialism, which since WW2 has no equal, apart from Maoism, in the wanton killing of people.
Modus.Ponens wrote:
It is also urgent that people fight these ideas while we can still fight them with words. If war escalates it will be because, among other things, we failed to oppose religious fascism.
Oh dear.
Modus.Ponens wrote:
If we make these distinctions, and we should because they are factual distinctions, we have a moral obligation to understand the real nature and extent of the problem and fight it with words while we can. Buddhists cannot be involved in wars, but they can be engaged in debates that spread anti fascist ideas.
I personally don't find anything "Buddhist" above but some kind of alien political rhetoric. The moral responsibility was the following:

1. Not support the violent establishment of the Zionist state in 1947.

2. Not remove the democratic govt of Iran in 1953.

3. Not attempt to remove the democratic govt of Syria starting in the 1950s.

3a. Not support brutal dictatorship in Indonesia in 1965 (whenever).

4. Not provide chemical & other weapons to US puppet Saddam Hussein so Iraq made war against Iran for 10 years at the behest of the USA.

5. Not invade Iraq in 2003, when Iraq was not related to 9/11.

6. Not occupy Afghanistan for 15 years, when Al Qaeda were airlifted out by the Pakistan secret service prior to US invasion.

7. Not engage in intervention in Libya in 2011.

8. Not engage in (attempted) intervention in Syria from 2012.
Modus.Ponens wrote:
So this has nothing to do with racism. Let alone "good racism", which is a contradictory expression. It's actually just anti fascism of the religious kind.
Its got nothing to do with fascism, either, which is a word used to Nazify a phobia.

To end, there is no onus on any Western nation to accept Islamic immigration. However, those pushing Islamic immigration to the West are the Western governments & also the Israelis. I suggest you focus your blame up your Western govts, its Saudi Wahhabi allies & not Islam. However, as for the scoreboard, the real fascism & murdering is infinitely in favour of the Western fascists.