POTUS 2016, part 3

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.

Who would you like to see winning the presidency of the U.S.?

Hillary Clinton - (Dem.)
47%
Donald Trump - Mike Pence (Rep.)
26%
Gary Johnson - Bill Weld (Libertarian)
10%
Jill Stein (Green)
17%

Total votes: 81

lyndon taylor

Re: POTUS 2016, part 3

Post by lyndon taylor » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:28 pm

Saying Trump was treated unfairly by the media is not that different from saying Hitler has been mistreated by the western media!! If you're a total jerk and threat to the entire world, expect to be treated badly by the media, its not unfair at all of the media, just just desserts!!
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

SDC

Post by SDC » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:58 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:Saying Trump was treated unfairly by the media is not that different from saying Hitler has been mistreated by the western media!! If you're a total jerk and threat to the entire world, expect to be treated badly by the media, its not unfair at all of the media, just just desserts!!
Wow

Exactly

Post by Exactly » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:16 pm

Saying Trump was treated unfairly by the media is not that different from saying Hitler has been mistreated by the western media!! If you're a total jerk and threat to the entire world, expect to be treated badly by the media, its not unfair at all of the media, just just desserts!!
He is gona put the military to torture babies and pets after getting elected !!!

pulga

Post by pulga » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:19 pm

lyndon taylor wrote:Saying Trump was treated unfairly by the media is not that different from saying Hitler has been mistreated by the western media!! If you're a total jerk and threat to the entire world, expect to be treated badly by the media, its not unfair at all of the media, just just desserts!!
It would have been better if the media had treated him more fairly and he were to lose through his own lack of merit, if only for the well-being of the nation.

rowboat

Post by rowboat » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:24 am

Donald Trump would like voters to focus on the FBI’s continuing investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email server — but instead questions about his own legal troubles have been raised again.

Author Salman Rushdie reminded voters that Trump will stand trial later this month in a racketeering lawsuit and then again next month as part of a lawsuit filed by a woman who claims the Republican presidential nominee raped her when she was 13 years old.

“He is a sexual predator, hasn’t released his tax returns, and has used his foundation’s money to pay his legal fees,” Rushdie posted Sunday on his Facebook page. “He has abused the family of a war hero and … oh, but let’s talk about some emails Hillary didn’t send from someone else’s computer, that weren’t a crime anyway, because that’s how to choose a president. Come on, America. Focus.”

[...]

A woman filed a federal lawsuit in June alleging that Trump raped her in 1994, when she was 13, and threatened to harm her and her family if she talked.

The lawsuit claims Trump tied the girl to a bed, raped her as she begged him to stop, and then struck her in the face with his open hand and bellowed that he could do whatever he wanted.

She claims Trump and billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, lured her and other girls to lavish parties with promises of modeling careers and cash.

A second woman supported her allegations against Trump, saying Epstein had hired her to recruit other young women for his parties, and a third woman later came forward as a witness.
Donald Trump due in court after Election Day on child rape and racketeering charges
Rain soddens what is covered up,
It does not sodden what is open.
Therefore uncover what is covered
That the rain will not sodden it.
Ud 5.5

SDC

Post by SDC » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 pm

rowboat wrote:
Donald Trump would like voters to focus on the FBI’s continuing investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email server — but instead questions about his own legal troubles have been raised again.

Author Salman Rushdie reminded voters that Trump will stand trial later this month in a racketeering lawsuit and then again next month as part of a lawsuit filed by a woman who claims the Republican presidential nominee raped her when she was 13 years old.

“He is a sexual predator, hasn’t released his tax returns, and has used his foundation’s money to pay his legal fees,” Rushdie posted Sunday on his Facebook page. “He has abused the family of a war hero and … oh, but let’s talk about some emails Hillary didn’t send from someone else’s computer, that weren’t a crime anyway, because that’s how to choose a president. Come on, America. Focus.”

[...]

A woman filed a federal lawsuit in June alleging that Trump raped her in 1994, when she was 13, and threatened to harm her and her family if she talked.

The lawsuit claims Trump tied the girl to a bed, raped her as she begged him to stop, and then struck her in the face with his open hand and bellowed that he could do whatever he wanted.

She claims Trump and billionaire Jeffrey Epstein, lured her and other girls to lavish parties with promises of modeling careers and cash.

A second woman supported her allegations against Trump, saying Epstein had hired her to recruit other young women for his parties, and a third woman later came forward as a witness.
Donald Trump due in court after Election Day on child rape and racketeering charges
My wife and I were just discussing how strange it is that this not being reported en masse by the media. Apparently it has been a long and difficult road for the accuser. Personally I think it is being "saved" it for later this week in an attempt to deal Trump a final blow. Sadly, had the media just ran with it when the woman started pursuing the lawsuit for the second time (in August?) the national attention may have moved things along so there could finally be some closure on the issue. Like honestly, the account is so horrible and it is the "gold standard" for dirt on a candidate. Why the hell isn't anyone talking about it?

pulga

Post by pulga » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:02 pm

Epstein has been a taboo subject for both the Clintons and for Mr. Trump.

http://theduran.com/bill-clinton-billio ... gy-island/

It appears that a whole host of celebrities and the rich and powerful were associated with Epstein. (Woody Allen is another close friend, along with Allan Dershowitz.)

The Daily Beast provides an article giving the impression that the case will be going nowhere.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... other.html

I should add that all this is probably too sordid for the Dhammawheel forum.

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:14 pm

And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.

SDC

Post by SDC » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:35 pm

pulga wrote:Epstein has been a taboo subject for both the Clintons and for Mr. Trump.

http://theduran.com/bill-clinton-billio ... gy-island/

It appears that a whole host of celebrities and the rich and powerful were associated with Epstein. (Woody Allen is another close friend, along with Allan Dershowitz.)
Well that explains it. Thanks, pulga.

Exactly

Post by Exactly » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:13 pm

What happened ? Trump went from 1/3 odds to 4/11 and 1/2 right now. He's never been so high. Was a bomb released today and I missed it ?

cjmacie

Post by cjmacie » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:05 pm

Exactly wrote:What happened ? Trump went from 1/3 odds to 4/11 and 1/2 right now. He's never been so high. Was a bomb released today and I missed it ?
Weird, and mostly unsubstantiated, numbers will be pouring out now daily (but only for about another week).

Seriously, no-one remembers what it was like in the last week before the election in 2012? or 2008?

Hey folks, don't forget (sic) that sati / mindfulness also means "remembering" !

Phena

Post by Phena » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:53 am

Comey is a Republican and has acted politically.

rowboat

Post by rowboat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:38 am

SDC wrote:
rowboat wrote:

[...]

My wife and I were just discussing how strange it is that this not being reported en masse by the media. Apparently it has been a long and difficult road for the accuser. Personally I think it is being "saved" it for later this week in an attempt to deal Trump a final blow. Sadly, had the media just ran with it when the woman started pursuing the lawsuit for the second time (in August?) the national attention may have moved things along so there could finally be some closure on the issue. Like honestly, the account is so horrible and it is the "gold standard" for dirt on a candidate. Why the hell isn't anyone talking about it?
It is puzzling. The story has been reported in the European press, but not in the United States. After fourteen months of nonstop either favourable or uncritical reporting of Donald Trump's every retaliatory tweet or bizarre outburst, the media goes silent at the decisive hour. Gary Johnson's support has fallen by a third in the last week and Trump has benefited from this at a ratio of 2:1 over Hillary Clinton. Currently 538 gives HRC 71.0% of winning over Trump's 29.0%.

On a much lighter note, here is a tender moment between candidates from the second debate :tongue:

Ud 5.5

Mr Man

Post by Mr Man » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:55 am

The KKK's Official Newspaper Just Announced Its Support For Donald Trump

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump

rowboat

Post by rowboat » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:29 am

Mr Man wrote:The KKK's Official Newspaper Just Announced Its Support For Donald Trump

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... nald-trump

Deplorables...

Over a Third of Trump Supporters Follow White Nationalists on Twitter, Research Finds
Ud 5.5