Conspiracy - one world government/ one world religion.

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
SarathW

Conspiracy - one world government/ one world religion.

Post by SarathW » Fri May 13, 2016 7:37 am

Is there a conspiracy for one world government/ one world religion.

https://youtu.be/p6BTx0Spgag" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See also my previous posts:

One world government!

http://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=25014&hilit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In fact, Arthur C. Clark a futuristic visionary, in one of his books, mentioned that Buddhism will be the only religion that will survive by the year 2050 and that scientist cannot hammer it down or destroy it

http://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 297&hilit=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by SarathW on Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Kim OHara

Re: Conspiracy - one world government/ on world religion.

Post by Kim OHara » Fri May 13, 2016 11:42 am

SarathW wrote: In fact, Arthur C. Clark a futuristic visionary, in one of his books, mentioned that Buddhism will be the only religion that will survive by the year 2050 and that scientist cannot hammer it down or destroy it
Arthur C Clarke https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_C._Clarke was an important science fiction writer (note the emphasis!) who lived in Sri Lanka from the age of 40 until his death nearly 50 years later. He had a great affection for Buddhism as well as a good knowledge of science but he was in no way a prophet. 'Visionary'? Maybe. He was willing to make huge leaps of the imagination for the sake of a good story and some of his predictions will come true.

:coffee:
Kim

denise

Post by denise » Fri May 13, 2016 1:23 pm

have a friend that was born to very rigid christian parents...she was deemed "not right" because of her enthusiasm for life, and was put into an institution.....there, she was given multiple shock treatments in order to quell this "spirit"...there was nothing wrong with this person....she just didn't fit the mold of her family"s church.....this was in the late 1950s...she was a teenager...sooo...shock treatments are the key to becoming a good god fearing christian? am unnerved by the you tube video"s narrator...

Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte » Fri May 13, 2016 4:13 pm

"Is there a conspiracy for one world government/ one world religion?"

No.

No one has the power to put either into place even if they wanted to.

People who believe in one religion tend to believe that everyone should share the benefits of it and/or end religious wars and violence.

Many people would like a (good) world government so that states could not longer wage war and/or that the weak could be protected against their own local government. It also seems like the natural evolution of extended cooperation for mutual benefit (loyalty to the family to the tribe to the federation to the state and on to the people of the world). Hence, in much science fiction planets without one world government are considered to be less civilized.

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Fri May 13, 2016 9:58 pm

I agree with you C.
I think (it appears) one world government and a one religion is just a natural progression.
Sometimes I wonder whether it is natural or just a conspiracy.
But I am very nervous of this idea.
Who will govern us.
It could be a handful of wealthy and influential people who are motivated with greed, aversion and ignorance.
So I just wonder what will be the escape for an average person.
What will be the scaping strategy for a slave who is forced to make a pyramid in all his life?

DNS
Site Admin

Re: Conspiracy - one world government/ one world religion.

Post by DNS » Fri May 13, 2016 10:20 pm

Terrible video in the OP. It is just right-wing-christian-fundamentalist-bible-crap.

The Story of God series narrated by Morgan Freeman is a great show and just demonstrates various views and practices of the major world religions. The narrator of the video in the OP is upset with anything that is not Christian or bible-based and defines anything that is not Christian or bible-based as Satanic. :rolleye:

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll » Fri May 13, 2016 10:24 pm

In my, embarrassingly, extensive experience with this subject, dwelling on conspiracies of this kind serve mostly to increase paranoia. Best to steer clear, at most taking careful glances at the outskirts as you would traveling by a bad neighborhood you have no business being in.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara » Fri May 13, 2016 10:33 pm

:goodpost:

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings » Fri May 13, 2016 10:56 pm

Mkoll wrote:In my, embarrassingly, extensive experience with this subject, dwelling on conspiracies of this kind serve mostly to increase paranoia. Best to steer clear, at most taking careful glances at the outskirts as you would traveling by a bad neighborhood you have no business being in.

sarathw wrote:But I am very nervous of this idea.
Best you get yourself a foil hat.
Attachments
6f32ce7c56894d07ac4067471c1b4257[1].jpg
6f32ce7c56894d07ac4067471c1b4257[1].jpg (59.54 KiB) Viewed 855 times
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Fri May 13, 2016 11:05 pm

Thanks. :twothumbsup:

Tin foil hat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll » Sat May 14, 2016 12:40 am

Weird Al is still as clever as ever after all these years.

sattva

Post by sattva » Sun May 15, 2016 4:17 am

Mkoll wrote:In my, embarrassingly, extensive experience with this subject, dwelling on conspiracies of this kind serve mostly to increase paranoia. Best to steer clear, at most taking careful glances at the outskirts as you would traveling by a bad neighborhood you have no business being in.
:goodpost:

sattva

Post by sattva » Sun May 15, 2016 4:21 am

tiltbillings wrote:

sarathw wrote:But I am very nervous of this idea.
Best you get yourself a foil hat.
Poor kitty, looks none too happy with his tin foil hat!

tiltbillings

Post by tiltbillings » Sun May 15, 2016 4:30 am

sattva wrote:
Poor kitty, looks none too happy with his tin foil hat!
Actually, I thought the cat's expression was appropriate for being a conspiracy theory-ista.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723