Political Compass

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.

Which quadrant are your results in?

Authoritarian Left
No votes
Libertarian Left
77%
Authoritarian Right
4%
Libertarian Right
19%

Total votes: 26

DooDoot

Re: Political Compass

Post by DooDoot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:48 pm

PuerAzaelis wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:42 pm
Seriously I apologize that was not appropriate. PS: some of my friends are Jewish, I am a little sensitive.
Respectfully, this is not relevant to an informed discussion. I also have Jewish friends. The point I previously made, which you objected to, is the 'left-wing-victim-narrative' used by blacks, gays, women & other so-called 'minorities', that appears to characterize US politics, is primarily of Jewish origins & mimics the historical Jewish victim narrative; just as the sexual liberalism of the entertainment industry largely of Jewish origins. I do acknowledge there obviously were non-Jewish people, such as legislators, supporting this liberalism. Similarly, it appears quite obvious US foreign policy often has an Israeli or Zionist narrative; & the US mass-media that propagates this narrative is largely Zionist in its leanings. Therefore, if you believe what I have posted here is factually wrong, you are welcome to provide evidence & information to educate me that my views are wrong or inaccurate. However, to claim you have Jewish friends is not a response because it is more name-calling of 'anitsemiticism', as described (but not mentioned) this video.

DNS wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:18 pm
DooDoot wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:01 pm
I am also a 'wog'.
Is that Australian slang for person of color? If you don't mind me asking, what is your ethnic background?
A wog is probably similar to US 'wop'; a person of darker skinned Mediterranean origins.
Last edited by DooDoot on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

PuerAzaelis

Post by PuerAzaelis » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 pm

Yea I get it. I just have knee-jerk reactions. I think I should avoid political discussions.
Generally, enjoyment of speech is the gateway to poor [results]. So it becomes the foundation for generating all negative emotional states. Jampel Pawo, The Certainty of the Diamond Mind

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:57 pm

PuerAzaelis wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:53 pm
Yea I get it. I just have knee-jerk reactions. I think I should avoid political discussions.
That's up to you. But I merely posted my impression that both left-wing & right-wing US politics have many Jewish narratives. When I use the word "Jewish", I am referring to a sub-culture & ideology (rather than a racial group). I did not say this about the politics of other Western nations. I was clear in my original post that these narratives are historically absent from Australia politics, for example. In Australia, the word "liberal" means "conservative" or "right wing" because "liberals" were historically primarily concerned with free-trade & free-economics, including labour relations. "Liberal" in Australia does not mean to be sexually liberal or to support LGBT, etc.

Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 am

Authoritarian right, but only just, and looking pretty moderate for a UKIP voter.

8-)

chart.jpg
chart.jpg (18.38 KiB) Viewed 723 times

March of the Mods.JPG
March of the Mods.JPG (76.01 KiB) Viewed 723 times

binocular

Post by binocular » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Dhammanando wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:46 am
Authoritarian right, but only just, and looking pretty moderate for a UKIP voter.
Monks (can) vote?
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

Sam Vara

Post by Sam Vara » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:16 pm

binocular wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm
Monks (can) vote?
In the UK monks are not prohibited from voting, and those living abroad can have a postal or proxy vote.

Disciple

Post by Disciple » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm

Here's mine

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:29 pm

Greetings,

Mine's about where I thought it would be nowadays...
Political compass.jpg
Political compass.jpg (64.46 KiB) Viewed 666 times
... how and why it's shifted over the years has been explained previously here.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Do not force others, including children, by any means whatsoever, to adopt your views, whether by authority, threat, money, propaganda, or even education." - Ven. Thich Nhat Hanh

"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"One discerns wrong view as wrong view, and right view as right view. This is one's right view." (MN 117)

Cittasanto

Post by Cittasanto » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 am

Mine is also about the same. I was more leftist and less libertarian
left moderate social libertarian now and was left social moderate before.
Attachments
14x27.gif
14x27.gif (2.35 KiB) Viewed 653 times
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:55 am

compass.png
compass.png (17.28 KiB) Viewed 642 times
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha