Ivanka Trump arrives to watch the slaughter

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
DooDoot

Re: Ivanka Trump arrives to watch the slaughter

Post by DooDoot » Wed May 16, 2018 7:40 am

Kamran wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 12:27 am
War between Iran and Israel is unlikely despite the press reports.
Maybe but economic sanctions are a form of warfare because they seek to impoverish people & even starve people to death. So Israeli media such as Hareetz (who spam my computer all day) push both the moderate & extreme views, as follows (in this latest spam):
Trump Administration's Next Iran Battle: Enforcing Sanctions on India, China and Europe

India is increasingly reliant on Iranian oil, while China and Russia will find ways to continue doing business with Tehran as long as it remains faithful to nuclear deal, pundits note

https://www.haaretz.com/us-news/.premiu ... -1.6078743
They wish to deprive Iran of its oil revenues, which will be catastrophic. Any Buddhist supporting the Trump measures is supporting the killing & serious harming of people. Please keep the following video in mind, where economic sanctions were used, spoken by a Zionist extremist.

Iran has no record of harming others in any significant manner. Please leave Iran, a most wonderful nation of people, alone. :candle: :buddha1: :candle:

Kamran

Post by Kamran » Wed May 16, 2018 2:48 pm

US sanctions can't stop Iran's exports and increase the price at which iran can sell its oil.

It would require UN sanctions to stop Iranian oil exports.

That's highly unlikely.

US sanctions makes hardliners in Iran stronger and the Iranian middle class weaker so it does set Iranian progress back unfortunately.

Middle class will still grow though, and the resulting political reform will still happen.

It might just take a little longer because of US I interference
"Silence gives answers"

Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi

lyndon taylor

Post by lyndon taylor » Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Trumps making America Great again, a Great pain in the ass for the rest of the world. At this rate Europe will be putting sanctions on the USA.
18 years ago I made one of the most important decisions of my life and entered a local Cambodian Buddhist Temple as a temple boy and, for only 3 weeks, an actual Therevada Buddhist monk. I am not a scholar, great meditator, or authority on Buddhism, but Buddhism is something I love from the Bottom of my heart. It has taught me sobriety, morality, peace, and very importantly that my suffering is optional, and doesn't have to run my life. I hope to give back what little I can to the Buddhist community, sincerely former monk John

http://trickleupeconomictheory.blogspot.com/

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 am
The real demographic danger for Israel is not from the Israeli Arabs, but from the ultra orthodox who have very high fertility rates and they don't work, depend on subsidies and don't serve in the army.
I've read about this too. They have astronomic fertility rates and that's why a shift in politics has happened. This is also a demographic problem because there is simply not enough space for all the population that is predicted to exist there in the future.

I didn't know that the ultra orthodox don't work. What's the reasoning behind this ?

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Wed May 16, 2018 6:12 pm

Circle5 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 pm
Bundokji wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 4:46 am
The real demographic danger for Israel is not from the Israeli Arabs, but from the ultra orthodox who have very high fertility rates and they don't work, depend on subsidies and don't serve in the army.
I've read about this too. They have astronomic fertility rates and that's why a shift in politics has happened. This is also a demographic problem because there is simply not enough space for all the population that is predicted to exist there in the future.

I didn't know that the ultra orthodox don't work. What's the reasoning behind this ?
They dedicate their lives to study the Torah and the Talmud. The name ultra orthodox can be deceptive though as it often refers to Haredi Jews, but they are not violent in the political sense. Many of them oppose the Zionist state and secularism in general.

From what i hear, the real radical ones (from political perspective) are religious Zionists which can be a toxic mix. Most ideological settlers are religious Zionists.
And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Thu May 17, 2018 2:57 am

Circle5 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:33 pm
This question probably needs to be asked about Brooklyn New York also; which might help you consider why Jewish people were historically central to both Capitalism & Communism.
Hasidic neighborhood in South Williamsburg is a top beneficiary of Section 8, but some question whether law is strictly followed

It's only possible in a tight-knit community where the haves help the have-nots, said Rabbi David Niederman, a community leader and local power broker.

A sliver of the community makes money in diamonds, real estate and trading. But many men favor religious study over work, and most women stay at home, so money can be tight. Those who work are often relegated to low-wage jobs due to a lack of secular education.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/has ... -1.2639120
:alien:
Bundokji wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:12 pm
From what i hear, the real radical ones (from political perspective) are religious Zionists which can be a toxic mix. Most ideological settlers are religious Zionists.
Well, looks like the recent Palestinian martyrs gave up their lives for some progress. The Huff Post publishes this article:

Israel’s Overplayed ‘Anti-Semitism’ by Shai Franklin

Circle5

Post by Circle5 » Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 am

@DootDot - are you aware of the average IQ of ashkanazi jews ? You arguments never took this into consideration even the slightest.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Thu May 17, 2018 3:11 am

Circle5 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:07 am
@DootDot - are you aware of the average IQ of ashkanazi jews ? You arguments never took this into consideration even the slightest.
But I never argued anything. I just posted the facts that the same occurs in the United States, with large unemployment, underemployment & non-employment of religious Jews (who depend on US taxpayer social security & the wealthier Jewish community). As for the IQ of ashkanazi jews, yes, am aware ashkanazi jews build the atomic bomb and are world leaders in weapons & surveillance technology. However, personally, i cannot think of many things I am indebted to in relation to ashkanazi jews. This is because I am most indebted to the Lord Buddha.

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 am

DooDoot wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 2:57 am

Well, looks like the recent Palestinian martyrs gave up their lives for some progress.
Indeed. People have been arguing who is to blame for the recent violence along the Gaza border, Hamas or Israel. But the real legitimate question which is resurfacing again and has been ignored for a long time: why there is a border between Israel and Gaza in the first place?

The above question was discussed at minute 12 in the following video, but the whole talk show is worth listening to in my opinion. Look at the lengths some would go to, to justify the killing of powerless people

And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 am
But the real legitimate question which is resurfacing again and has been ignored for a long time: why there is a border between Israel and Gaza in the first place?
And there is also a border, big wall separating the West Bank from the Jewish areas. In my opinion, just use these barriers and walls to mark the border between the 2 nations of Israel and Palestine and make Jerusalem metro area an international zone. Simple and problem solved. And it is very similar to the original UN 1947 Partition Plan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... _Palestine

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 pm

DNS wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 3:33 pm
Bundokji wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:11 am
But the real legitimate question which is resurfacing again and has been ignored for a long time: why there is a border between Israel and Gaza in the first place?
And there is also a border, big wall separating the West Bank from the Jewish areas. In my opinion, just use these barriers and walls to mark the border between the 2 nations of Israel and Palestine and make Jerusalem metro area an international zone. Simple and problem solved. And it is very similar to the original UN 1947 Partition Plan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Na ... _Palestine
A lot has changed since the partition plan though. Israel, as a political entity, did not exist before 1948. The partition plan was an attempt to create it.

The 1948 war divided Jerusalem. West Jerusalem which is the biggest part of the city was controlled by the Jews, while a smaller but more significant "holy" part was saved/occupied by the Jordanian army. What was saved (from Arab perspective) from historical Palestine in 1948 was 20% (the west bank and Gaza) while the partition plan divided the land 55% for the Jews and 45% for the Arabs. These changes on the ground made what looked from Jewish perspective a reasonable solution in 1947 (the partition plan) insufficient nowadays.

In 1967, what was saved from historical Palestine (the West Bank and Gaza) was occupied by Israel. The recent negotiations between Arabs and Israel (according to Oslo peace accords) was based on UN resolution 242, which is the west bank (including east Jerusalem) and Gaza. Arabs themselves forgot about the partition plan and have been negotiating over only %20 of historical Palestine, and yet, Israel and the west continue to call for more compromises from Arabs accusing them of hindering peace!

The above is meant to show that Israel is not a normal country, and will never be until it finds a way to solve its problems with its neighbors. Israel borders are not well defined keeping a room for either further expansion or redeployment as they see fit (not as per intentional laws and convention). For instance, Israel left Gaza unilaterally without an agreement because it caused them too much headache, and they tried to promote this move as if they were making concessions! By doing this, they can claim whenever they want (when it fits them) that Gaza don't belong to them, and yet, it belongs to them also when they see fit! They control its borders, its air and its sea, they have the right to check all goods entering the strip, and people who need to leave Gaza need a permission from Israeli authority. At the same time, its not a country, and it does not belong to Israel hence they made borders between it and the rest of Israel and they are willing to kill anyone who try to cross the border without their permission. Quite confusing, is it not?

This is why when George Galloway asked his guest (an Israeli apologetic) about Gaza, she did not know what to answer, because Israeli actions do not fit any well known conventions. Israel is a not a normal country, and the Jews are not entirely to blame for that, because conditions led to the idea of establishment a Jewish state in Palestine are equally abnormal. Trying to establish a country (at the expense of its aboriginals) to solve racism in Europe is a flawed logic (even though its understandable from humane perspective). Its difficult to convince Arabs why they need to pay for crimes they did not commit.

Getting back to Jerusalem, even if we want to make it as international city, what would be the nationality of the residents of the city? who would control its sovereignty? who would be entitled to benefit from the income generated from tourism? who would provide visas for visitors/toursits? how about the Arabs who live in Jerusalem and have an Israeli ID, but no Israeli citizenship? What would be the legal status of Israeli settlements built in the occupied west bank circling east Jerusalem such as Maale Adumim?

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 pm
Getting back to Jerusalem, even if we want to make it as international city, what would be the nationality of the residents of the city?
I imagine they would be able to choose from either Palestine or Israel.
who would control its sovereignty?
The UN.
who would be entitled to benefit from the income generated from tourism?
The UN. It would help to cover the operating and security costs.
who would provide visas for visitors/toursits?
The UN.
how about the Arabs who live in Jerusalem and have an Israeli ID, but no Israeli citizenship?
They could have a Palestinian ID too, if they want.
What would be the legal status of Israeli settlements built in the occupied west bank circling east Jerusalem such as Maale Adumim?
They would be given over to the Palestinians, as Israel did in the Sinai and Gaza, although they needlessly tore them down before giving them to the Palestinians (in Sinai and Gaza).

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Thu May 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:16 pm
A lot has changed since the partition plan though. Israel, as a political entity, did not exist before 1948. The partition plan was an attempt to create it.
There was a Kingdom of Israel back in biblical times. Actually there is virtually no country on earth today that has a definite historical people-ethnicity residing in their country since beginning of time. Virtually every country is founded on the displacement of aboriginal peoples (not necessarily a good thing, but the reality, including the U.S., Canada, Australia and Arab nations too).

Israel has already been around nearly 100 years (the modern state) and already there are multiple generations living there that don't know any other country. "Returning" them to Ukraine, Russia, Romania, Poland, etc would be completely foreign to them and they wouldn't know the culture, language, etc.

Bundokji

Post by Bundokji » Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm

DNS wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm
The UN.
The UN is an international organization, it has no civil law of its own. This is why, at least to me, it is difficult to imagine the UN controlling a city. People usually have the citizenship of the "country" they live in, unless they move to another country, they follow the law and get a new citizenship based on the conventions in the new country.

What civil law would prevail under the UN? it might contradict with local laws in Israel and Palestine? Imagine Palestinian and Israeli citizens who live in Jerusalem abiding to two sets of rules, one in the city they live in, and one for the rest of the country!

Would there be an immigration law to Jerusalem, both internal and external? would political asylum be permitted? would owning a property by foreigners in Jerusalem be permitted? and if so, under what law?
They would be given over to the Palestinians, as Israel did in the Sinai and Gaza, although they needlessly tore them down before giving them to the Palestinians (in Sinai and Gaza).
http://foreignpolicy.com/2012/12/26/the ... -solution/

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Bundokji wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:41 pm
DNS wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:11 pm
The UN.
What civil law would prevail under the UN?
Well, that was the plan under the 1947 UN agreement, so I'm sure they'd figure it out as they go. :tongue:

It's not my original idea, although it's perfect, in my opinion. Jerusalem always has been and always will be the stumbling block to stop all peace talks. Numerous peace talks in the past broke down and it was always the Jerusalem issue. Make it international zone, problem solved. The hard-liners on both sides are opposed to the other side having control over it, so just make it an international zone.