How will you conceive the world in thirty years?

A place to bring a contemplative / Dharmic perspective and opinions to current events and politics.
No_Mind

Re: How you conceived the world in thirty years?

Post by No_Mind » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 am

DooDoot wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:19 am
No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:12 am
and yes about 50% of the population in any country with 100% literacy are clueless

In my country about 99.99% (including some who are educated, wealthy and privileged) are clueless
This gives the impression, similar to Adolf Hitler, you cannot believe in democracy, because the masses are incapable of making rational judgments & decisions. :shrug:
I never said I did. Democracy is pitiable counting of noses. As Churchill put it pithily "The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”

I am for benevolent dictatorship .. Plato's philosopher king or rule by a council of the wise

Best real life example is Lee Kuan Yew who transformed Singapore from a mosquito ridden marsh to one of the world's most advanced nations in twenty years 1960 - 80

:namaste:
I know one thing: that I know nothing

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 am

No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:28 am
I never said I did. Democracy is pitiable counting of noses. As Churchill put it pithily "The best argument against Democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.”
Is the same Churchill who sent thousands to their deaths at Gallipoli; pushed a war between Germany & the Soviet Union, where millions of Soviets died to win the war & then Churchill claimed victory; whose war supply polices contributed to the Bengal famine of 1943 resulting in at least 2 million deaths; who mercilessly fire bombed German civilian cities, such as Dresden; who was voted out of office immediately after WW2? Apart from claiming glory from WW2, I recall Churchill was generally regarded as a political failure.
No_Mind wrote:
I am for benevolent dictatorship .. Plato's philosopher king or rule by a council of the wise
Sounds very theoretical because I cannot recall a benevolent dictatorship ever existed, apart from possibly Adolf Hitler (who got sucked & tempted into war, resulting in the deaths of millions) and Muammar Gaddafi, who was murdered by friends of this American lady.

No_Mind wrote:
Best real life example is Lee Kuan Yew who transformed Singapore from a mosquito ridden marsh to one of the world's most advanced nations in twenty years 1960 - 80
I imagine Singapore is a very small Chinese nepotistic business hub or outpost benefiting from the nepotistic Chinese economic oligopolies in Thailand, Malaysia & Indonesia; similar to how Switzerland has always been a neutral business hub for dodgy European commercial activities. Singapore is not exactly a "nation" but probably more like a "shopping mall". :roll:
The current population of Singapore is 5,759,224 as of Friday, February 9, 2018, based on the latest United Nations estimates

The current population of India is 1,348,256,718 as of Saturday, February 10, 2018, based on the latest United Nations estimates.

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 am

DooDoot wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:12 am
No_Mind wrote:
Is the same Churchill who sent thousands to their deaths at Gallipoli; pushed a war between Germany & the Soviet Union, where millions of Soviets died to win the war & then Churchill claimed victory; whose war supply polices contributed to the Bengal famine of 1943 resulting in at least 2 million deaths; who mercilessly fire bombed German civilian cities, such as Dresden; who was voted out of office immediately after WW2?
And the same man was elected to office of PM twice (1940 to 1945 and again from 1951 to 1955) by voters proving thus that democracy is pitiable counting of noses.

Now can you please stop arguing against yourself and get back to topic?

:focus:

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 am

No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 am
And the same man was elected to office of PM twice by voters proving thus that democracy is pitiable counting of noses.
Elected into office? Or bankrolled as the candidate by certain business & political interests; similar to how the relatively unknown Obama was bankrolled by Goldman Sachs, George Soros, Zbigniew Brzezinski & co?
Sir Henry Strakosch GBE (9 May 1871 – 30 October 1943) was an Austrian-born British banker and businessman.... Strakosch being a Jew and his involvement in the payment of the private debts of Sir Winston Churchill, in 1938, has been cited as evidence of Jewish involvement in British politics in the run up to World War Two. Strakosch had supplied Churchill with figures on German arms expenditure during the latter's political campaign for rearmament against the Nazi regime, and the financial arrangement enabled Churchill to withdraw his home Chartwell from sale at a time of financial pressures.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Strakosch
Last edited by DooDoot on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 am

DooDoot wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:23 am
No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:19 am
And the same man was elected to office of PM twice by voters proving thus that democracy is pitiable counting of noses.
Elected into office? Or bankrolled as the candidate by certain business & political interests; similar to how the relatively unknown Obama was bankrolled by Goldman Sachs, George Soros, Zbigniew Brzezinski & co?
Which means democracy can be tampered with quite easily.

Now can you please stop arguing against yourself any further and get back to topic?

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 am

Do not talk too much about the past.
Talk about what is happening now and how it will shape next thirty years.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 am

No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:26 am
Which means democracy can be tampered with quite easily. Now can you please stop arguing against yourself any further and get back to topic?

My posts are on topic. My posts are about the growing totalitarian, be it Communist, Nazi, Zionist, EU or US totalitarianism. :| Did the US & NATO military invasions of Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria, etc; or the Israeli settlement of the West Bank; accord with fleeing idea of International Law? Is the idea of universal International Law something growing or is it diminishing?? Are domestic human rights & freedom growing in the West or diminishing??? :roll:
SarathW wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 am
Do not talk too much about the past. Talk about what is happening now and how it will shape next thirty years.
My posts are about the present & the future controlled by the same (Empire-Internationalist-Trotskyite-NWO-Neo-Con) forces from the past. :|

In short, at least to me, your Pied Piper Hindu guru sounds like a dreamer; similar to feeding fresh grass to the sheep kicking up the heels in front of the slaughter house. :roll:

Last edited by DooDoot on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 am

DooDoot wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 am

In short, at least to me, your Pied Piper Hindu guru sounds like a dreamer; feeding grass to the sheep kicking up the heels in front of the slaughter house. :roll:
Why would he be my guru? I am neither Hindu nor is he my guru. I share same landmass with him. He lives well over 1000 miles away (1156 to be exact)

Stay on point .. play the ball not the man.

Last edited by No_Mind on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 am

No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 am
Why would he be my guru? I am neither Hindu nor is he my guru. I share same landmass as him. Stay on point .. play the ball not the man.
I did stay on point. My reply about "your guru" was to SarathW. Also, the man (the guru) here is the ball. ;)
Last edited by DooDoot on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:42 am

DooDoot wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:41 am
No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:39 am
Why would he be my guru? I am neither Hindu nor is he my guru. I share same landmass as him. Stay on point .. play the ball not the man.
I did stay on point. My reply about "your guru" was to SarathW.
My error

No_Mind

Post by No_Mind » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:46 am

DooDoot wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:29 am
Are domestic human rights & freedom growing in the West or diminishing??? :roll:
Growing .. not a day passes by that I do not come across a tv show where a woman wakes up from trauma to the head and asks ER doctors "where is my wife she was in the accident too" :?

I have always wanted to know .. if two gay women visit India (seen many such couples) and were in an accident .. woke up in ER and asked doctors this question what would happen :lol:

DooDoot

Post by DooDoot » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:20 am

No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:46 am
Growing ..
Cultural SJW Marxism through the eyes of an Indian TV watcher; that regards the development (bhavana) of something as superficial as homosexual marriage as growth (bhavana) in freedom (vimutti). If homosexual marriage lead to or was part of an overall social respect for marriage, i probably would regard it as progress. But my impression homosexual marriage is merely another distraction & just another means to reduce social cohesiveness. Recently, my (never married) sister & mother were celebrating the recent Australian yes-vote for gay marriage but my visiting lesbian cousin & her partner said they did not care about it. This shows how brainwashed some people are. I just smiled & was happy to see my (favourite) cousin again. :heart:

No_Mind wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:46 am
I have always wanted to know .. if two gay women visit India (seen many such couples) and were in an accident .. woke up in ER and asked doctors this question what would happen :lol:
Well, I just returned home from visiting my mother & was walking near the beach yesterday & saw some Indian ladies dressed in traditional sari, bindi & jewellery sitting at a picnic table. I personally like the elegance & beauty of such dress. The Indians ladies looked at me about to walk past them & I raised my hands in salute. They all laughed, saying "Namaste". I prefer seeing unconfused ladies with culture, morals & elegance.

binocular

Post by binocular » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:02 am

SarathW wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:28 am
Do not talk too much about the past.
Talk about what is happening now and how it will shape next thirty years.
This time, we're having a language problem.
"How you conceived the world in thirty years?" is not an English sentence.

I first took it to mean something like "What do you think the world has been like for the last 30 years?" I thought (and I was not alone in that) that there was a "have" missing (so that it should read "How have you ...") and that "conceive" was used in a less common way.

But it seems you're asking something like "What do you think the world will be like in the coming 30 years?"
Every person we save is one less zombie to fight. -- World War Z

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:28 am

"What do you think the world will be like in the coming 30 years?"
Ok, I add this to my OP
thanks.'
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

manas

Post by manas » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:26 pm

DooDoot wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:54 am

When I was young, we were actually taught or encouraged to think for ourselves at school. But in recent years, I see authoritarianism; political correctness; fear; conformity; obedience; like I have never seen before in my life. Its frightening.

In 30 years, unless something drastically changes, I see the possibility a dystopian totalitarian world; ruled by plutocratic militarist technocrats.
Yes, nowadays kids are taught what to think, not how to think. When I was in high school, we had to analyse news reports not just in terms of what was said, but in terms of why it was being said, what the author might be trying to get their readers to believe, to look for possible biases...I asked my eldest about this, she said nothing like that was ever taught to her, in all her years of Secondary Education. However, attempts at social engineering are rife. The so-called 'Safe Schools Program', which introduces LGBT notions to children before they have even had a chance to explore or even be aware of, their own natural sexuality (or had a chance to just let it unfold by itself), is one pernicious example of social engineering, being foisted upon kids by extreme left wing ideologues in the ranks of those who draft education policy. (Of course, I have nothing against gay folks, I'm just saying, sexual topics should not be forced onto children before they are ready, and when you investigate who founded the actual program, it's even more disturbing, but I won't go into that here.)
Drinking the nourishment,
the flavor,
of seclusion & calm,
one is freed from evil, devoid
of distress,
refreshed with the nourishment
of rapture in the Dhamma.

- Dhp 205