El Buda Desnudo

A forum for Dhamma resources in languages other than English
Manopubbangama

El Buda Desnudo

Post by Manopubbangama » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:38 pm

https://buda.blog/2018/07/02/vipassana- ... deception/

Anyone know of this blog?

Its pretty typical anti-vipassana polemics rehashing all of the internet-memes that Theravadans invented vipassana to counter the British colonialists, and what not.

Mostly in the Castillian tongue.

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Re: El Buda Desnudo

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:20 pm

Manopubbangama wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Its pretty typical anti-vipassana polemics rehashing all of the internet-memes that Theravadans invented vipassana to counter the British colonialists, and what not.

Hi friend,

A few lines from authors "about" google translated
https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... oympGQP9Ew

And the arūpa-jhānas whose nature has more to do with hypnosis than with endogenous drugs.
And the unpredictable happened: an emotional shock so strong that it left me more sunk than touched. Thanks to her, my brain gave me a permanent subscription to a crisis of chronic anxiety and, if that was not enough, I prepared it with panic attacks in groups of up to six per day. And that, for years. It is difficult to conceive a level of suffering greater than this. I went to live in hell.
When I renounced the Buddhist satanic world, I immediately found an infallible method to attain jhānas. Once achieved, it was what I was looking for. It changes you radically canceling any kind of mental virus. The memes were fumigated.
I chose to focus on the "Buddhist world" although what I was doing was inspired only by itself fundamentally because my colleagues are not engineers for these things. However, that world was a wasteland.
Nobody knows how to meditate. Not even the monks.
My initial radical rejection of Buddhism for being an amalgam report of invalid practices, was happening little by little to see for myself that the Buddha had traveled the same path with a similar result. However, the terrible translations made by theoreticians of what they do not know, distort to ridicule the message of a Buddha who never wanted to teach beyond his death.
But the moment came when, in key aspects, my methodology went beyond what the Buddha wanted, could or explained, simply because no one was going to understand him.
I used the same path as the Buddha and I met the same one who taught the Buddha. There is no better inspirer than Mahābrāhma Sahampati.
There are a myriad of conditions necessary for you to escape Samsara.
I give you this one

Here in this link, one can see where he ranks up regarding true knowledge of Buddhism:
https://buda.blog/2018/10/22/20-lies-about-the-buddha/

Sample:
The Buddha was exhausted when he discovered that the way to attain enlightenment was to attain the jhānas. Then he realized that he could not generate enough “happiness that has nothing to do with the senses”, that is, the neurotransmitter called serotonin
A very common fallacy while trying to prove others wrong, with "delusionally sufficient" amount of morden knowledge. Of course, serotonin may be the only neurochemical he knows regarding positive emotions.

The author's version of anatta:
The most interesting is ANATTA regarding Nibbana.Nibbana, not depending on anything, does not even depend on himself. So it is Anatta too.
And what happens with the infrastructure?

Every condition was conditioned at its origin, but once it is produced, nothing depends on anything other than itself.And it does not depend on observers or objects or anything. It is there and it remains there. 

Therefore, it is not anatta in a strict sense. Therefore, only the illusion, the film is anatta.Reality, in its infrastructure, is not.

Things are obvious when you see them and they are any fashionable translation when you are blind from all blindness.
When I see "blind from all blindness", I remember one of Thanissaro Bhikkhu's favorite brain-childs "allness of all", with subsequent fabrications leading to "consciousness without surface" the birthplace of a weak pivot on which some whole traditions revolve. :rofl:

The author needs some more homework to say these:
"Before entering the subject, it is necessary to make clear the basic ideas about the “Buddhist apocalypse”
-- before making some serious faulty generalizations.

https://buda.blog/2018/07/09/vipassana-ii-the-heresy/

Without proper homework by the author, the following obvious backfires happen, even on the points termed "basic ideas"
According to the “Burmese prophecies”, the new Buddha would come 5,000 years after the Gotama Buddha.

Meditation is not part of the orthodox bhikkhu’s life and there is no rule that forces him to meditate, in fact, it is something alien to the Patimokkha.

What the Patimokkha does say is that it is a very serious fault (Parajika) with automatic loss of the condition of bhikkhu to announce that some degree of enlightenment has been achieved.
Just to anounce is not Parajika, of course. May be he should learn some more vinaya.

And, again
During the first half of the 18th century, the then Burmese Nyaung dynasty (1597-1752) was in a precipitous decline.
There was no such thing as "Nyaung dynasty" in Myanmar history.

Conclusion: The author is not above the threshold to be worthy of serious criticism by serious scholars. Anyway, it can be the source of easy fun for some, like naughty me :lol:

Impression: just another one of those "mentally stable?" self-illuminated "modern Buddhas" claimed to have found a new path

Opportunity: If one wants to know one of the many (with some grains of salt) pseudo-"Buddhism" aspects in Myanmar, the author's Weikza-Lam series may be a good start. I suspect he might have learnt a lot through Weikza-Lam which involves some cultish "samatha" practices and alchemy, and the likes in various combinations.

ps: I hope, his vipassana series could provide me some easy fun.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Metta,
🅢🅐🅑🅑🅔 🅓🅗🅐🅜🅜🅐 🅐🅝🅐🅣🅣🅐
  • "the one thing all the mistaken views have in common is the assump­tion that the self exists" ~ DN1
  • "It is an entirely and perfectly foolish idea" ~ MN22
  • The No-self doctrine is found only in the teaching of the Buddha.
  • No-self (anatta) means that there is no permanent, unchanging entity in anything animate or inanimate. ~ SN22.59

Manopubbangama

Re: El Buda Desnudo

Post by Manopubbangama » Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:20 pm
Manopubbangama wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:38 pm

Hi friend,

A few lines from authors "about" google translated
https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... oympGQP9Ew

And the arūpa-jhānas whose nature has more to do with hypnosis than with endogenous drugs.
And the unpredictable happened: an emotional shock so strong that it left me more sunk than touched. Thanks to her, my brain gave me a permanent subscription to a crisis of chronic anxiety and, if that was not enough, I prepared it with panic attacks in groups of up to six per day. And that, for years. It is difficult to conceive a level of suffering greater than this. I went to live in hell.
When I renounced the Buddhist satanic world, I immediately found an infallible method to attain jhānas. Once achieved, it was what I was looking for. It changes you radically canceling any kind of mental virus. The memes were fumigated.
I chose to focus on the "Buddhist world" although what I was doing was inspired only by itself fundamentally because my colleagues are not engineers for these things. However, that world was a wasteland.
Nobody knows how to meditate. Not even the monks.
My initial radical rejection of Buddhism for being an amalgam report of invalid practices, was happening little by little to see for myself that the Buddha had traveled the same path with a similar result. However, the terrible translations made by theoreticians of what they do not know, distort to ridicule the message of a Buddha who never wanted to teach beyond his death.
But the moment came when, in key aspects, my methodology went beyond what the Buddha wanted, could or explained, simply because no one was going to understand him.
I used the same path as the Buddha and I met the same one who taught the Buddha. There is no better inspirer than Mahābrāhma Sahampati.
There are a myriad of conditions necessary for you to escape Samsara.
I give you this one

Here in this link, one can see where he ranks up regarding true knowledge of Buddhism:
https://buda.blog/2018/10/22/20-lies-about-the-buddha/

Sample:
The Buddha was exhausted when he discovered that the way to attain enlightenment was to attain the jhānas. Then he realized that he could not generate enough “happiness that has nothing to do with the senses”, that is, the neurotransmitter called serotonin
A very common fallacy while trying to prove others wrong, with "delusionally sufficient" amount of morden knowledge. Of course, serotonin may be the only neurochemical he knows regarding positive emotions.

The author's version of anatta:
The most interesting is ANATTA regarding Nibbana.Nibbana, not depending on anything, does not even depend on himself. So it is Anatta too.
And what happens with the infrastructure?

Every condition was conditioned at its origin, but once it is produced, nothing depends on anything other than itself.And it does not depend on observers or objects or anything. It is there and it remains there. 

Therefore, it is not anatta in a strict sense. Therefore, only the illusion, the film is anatta.Reality, in its infrastructure, is not.

Things are obvious when you see them and they are any fashionable translation when you are blind from all blindness.
When I see "blind from all blindness", I remember one of Thanissaro Bhikkhu's favorite brain-child "allness of all", with subsequent fabrications leading to "consciousness without surface" the birthplace of a weak pivot on which some whole traditions revolve. :rofl:

The author needs some more homework to say these:
"Before entering the subject, it is necessary to make clear the basic ideas about the “Buddhist apocalypse”
-- before making some serious faulty generalizations.

https://buda.blog/2018/07/09/vipassana-ii-the-heresy/

Without proper homework by the author, the following obvious backfires happen, even on the points termed "basic ideas"
According to the “Burmese prophecies”, the new Buddha would come 5,000 years after the Gotama Buddha.

Meditation is not part of the orthodox bhikkhu’s life and there is no rule that forces him to meditate, in fact, it is something alien to the Patimokkha.

What the Patimokkha does say is that it is a very serious fault (Parajika) with automatic loss of the condition of bhikkhu to announce that some degree of enlightenment has been achieved.
Just to anounce is not Parajika, of course. May be he should learn some more vinaya.

And, again
During the first half of the 18th century, the then Burmese Nyaung dynasty (1597-1752) was in a precipitous decline.
There was no such thing as "Nyaung dynasty" in Myanmar history.

Conclusion: The author is not above the threshold to be worthy of serious criticism by serious scholars. Anyway, it can be the source of easy fun for some, like naughty me :lol:

Impression: just another one of those "mentally stable?" self-illuminated "modern Buddhas" claimed to have found a new path

Opportunity: If one wants to know one of the many (with some grains of salt) pseudo-"Buddhism" aspects in Myanmar, the author's Weikza-Lam series may be a good start. I suspect he might have learnt a lot through Weikza-Lam which involves some cultish "samatha" practices and alchemy, and the likes in various combinations.

ps: I hope, his vipassana series could provide me some easy fun.

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Metta,
Thanks for doing this homework, friend.

After I saw him slandering Ven. Mahasi I kind of lost interest.

The internet is not a good place for Buddhism.