I did not write this post!!

A discussion on all aspects of Theravāda Buddhism
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

When I read my old posts I wonder who wrote them.
I can't recall writing some of them.
Is there a conspiracy theory?
:mrgreen: :thinking: :juggling:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
JamesTheGiant

Re: I did not write this post!!

Post by JamesTheGiant »

SarathW wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 am Is there a conspiracy theory?
If there is, you can be sure Syria and the evil western media are involved.
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

But seriously, I know what you mean. I found some of my philosophy essays from university, when I was sorting files on my computer.
I read some of them, and thought "Wow, this guy is way smarter than me!".
Apparently my brain has gotten a lot duller in the 20 years since I wrote them. It's like I'm a different person definitely.
binocular

Post by binocular »

SarathW wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 am I did not write this post!!
When I read my old posts I wonder who wrote them.
I can't recall writing some of them.
Just an aspect of anatta in practice ...
:tongue:

JamesTheGiant wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:32 amBut seriously, I know what you mean. I found some of my philosophy essays from university, when I was sorting files on my computer.
Apparently my brain has gotten a lot duller in the 20 years since I wrote them. It's like I'm a different person definitely.
I know the feeling. But I think the reason why I could write the way I did back then was due to being in a mental and social environment conducive to it.
On the other hand, back then, I struggled with some philosophical and other problems that seemed intractable then, but don't seem so now. The grass isn't always greener in the past.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Sam Vara
Site Admin

Post by Sam Vara »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:32 am But seriously, I know what you mean. I found some of my philosophy essays from university, when I was sorting files on my computer.
It works the other way, too! The most academically intelligent person I've ever met told me that she often asked herself how some idiot could have got hold of her old books and annotated them...
Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

This is from one of my first posts on DW:
I tryied a few times been mindfulness cause I don't really know how to do it. I remember once I meditated on the true nature of reality, I think it was the only time I did it right and had like a little revelation. I was like WOW WOW WOW didn't expect this, I wander how an arhant is. Is it how it is suposed to be ?
I have no idea what "meditatin on the true nature of reality" is supposed to mean but I sure was funnier in the past :mrgreen:
retrofuturist

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings Circle5,
Circle5 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pm I have no idea what "meditatin on the true nature of reality" is supposed to mean but I sure was funnier in the past :mrgreen:
Your English skills have certainly improved.

Once you've learnt which witch is which, we'll know whether you've truly mastered the language.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
binocular

Post by binocular »

Circle5 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:41 pmI have no idea what "meditatin on the true nature of reality" is supposed to mean but I sure was funnier in the past :mrgreen:
Oh, you're plenty funny --
Circle5 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:48 pm In Romania the church actually made the blessing of car ceremony as an official, legit ceremony of the church with specific instructions a couple of years ago. Blessing your car may cost anywhere from just 12$ to 100$ or even more, depending on the car. The more expensive the car the more expensive the blessing because it takes god more energy to protect it.

But in Russia they are blessing tanks, helichopters, ak-47s, missiles, etc. All sorts of military equipment are individually blessed in Russia so we can never top that.
:rofl:
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

SarathW wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:55 am When I read my old posts I wonder who wrote them.
That sounds like progress to me!
Buddha save me from new-agers!
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

That sounds like progress to me!
Not necessarily.
Some times I learn something by reading my old posts.
:thinking:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”