Vipassana: conceptual or non-conceptual?

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
tiltbillings

Re: Vipassana: conceptual or non-conceptual?

Post by tiltbillings » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:40 am

rowyourboat wrote:
Hi Tilt

You and others have persistently asked questions around his view and he has given you answers. What do you think a dhamma instructor does when he meets a person for meditation instruction? He persistently asks questions to determine the level of understanding of the meditator- and diagnoses the problem. It is true no one asked my opinion -but I am going to give it anyway. If you don't want it - dont listen to what I have to say. Inability to take advice, while great for your persona, is not so great for the dhamma.

with metta

Matheesha
You did more than give advice. It is inappropriate.
>> Do you see a man wise [enlightened/ariya] in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him.<< -- Proverbs 26:12

This being is bound to samsara, kamma is his means for going beyond. -- SN I, 38.

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?” HPatDH p.723

Goofaholix

Post by Goofaholix » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:00 pm

rowyourboat wrote: You and others have persistently asked questions around his view and he has given you answers. What do you think a dhamma instructor does when he meets a person for meditation instruction? He persistently asks questions to determine the level of understanding of the meditator- and diagnoses the problem. It is true no one asked my opinion -but I am going to give it anyway. If you don't want it - dont listen to what I have to say. Inability to take advice, while great for your persona, is not so great for the dhamma.
I don't think he asked you to be his teacher, I don't think he asked for your advice on his meditation, and I don't think he said anything about how his meditation was going, this thread was not about his meditation or anyone elses specifically.
“Peace is within oneself to be found in the same place as agitation and suffering. It is not found in a forest or on a hilltop, nor is it given by a teacher. Where you experience suffering, you can also find freedom from suffering. Trying to run away from suffering is actually to run toward it.” ― Ajahn Chah

rowyourboat

Post by rowyourboat » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:11 am

Tilt, Goofaholix

Thank you for your comments.

with metta

Matheesha
With Metta

Karuna
Mudita
& Upekkha