Revulsion

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
befriend

Revulsion

Post by befriend »

i had two unpleasant experiences today. Each time I focused on the unpleasant feeling tone in my body and was aware of it until it passed away. Then I smoked a cigarette and watched the pleasant feelings in my lungs pass away after that I felt a wisdom of revulsion towards everything aversion pleasant feelings the whole world felt like it wasn't worth anything. Then I felt happy and free of desire. It was a type of happiness that maybe be equanimity but it came after revulsion not just impermanence. What is this? Nibbana or just equanimity?
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
befriend

Re: Revulsion

Post by befriend »

Not enlightenment. Just read Mahasi sayadaws scale of insights knowledge.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.
dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Your craving was satisfied by smoking the cigarette, resulting in temporary sense pleasure and subsiding of craving. Wait a while and it will return. Far from nibbana, this is what chains you to rebirth. :shrug:
paul

Post by paul »

The revulsion may be nicotine withdrawal symptoms, but it was able to be converted into profitable insight due to Buddhist knowledge, which is a constructive mechanism when not based on a drug and when it is a normal disappointment in life. The practitioner should strive to strengthen pleasant feelings arising from meditation as a replacement for addictions.
_anicca_

Post by _anicca_ »

That is just your mindfulness realizing craving and revulsion.
"A virtuous monk, Kotthita my friend, should attend in an appropriate way to the five clinging-aggregates as inconstant, stressful, a disease, a cancer, an arrow, painful, an affliction, alien, a dissolution, an emptiness, not-self."

:buddha1:

http://vipassanameditation.asia