"Meditation" vs. gaining path (right view)

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
Samana Johann 1

"Meditation" vs. gaining path (right view)

Post by Samana Johann 1 »

The question here, by Upasaka James, gave rise to possible adresse a broad missunderstood tool for good discrimination:
JamesTheGiant wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:26 am Venerable, may I ask how long do you meditate per day? How long do you recommend others to meditate?
"Meta in regard of the OP, but good to have a context": The first question is hard to answer, since it can easy be a "proplem". If telling allways, or seldom... it's possible not good to ask someone living from alms of the country such. So let my person answer, that he dwells much to often heedless. And Sadhu in the case that it was a well meant suggestion and rebuke. (It's possible better to raise personal questions, if required to raise, of coure without limit, in the introduction topic and everybody should always regard it as having given leave to ask there, or rebuke my persons speech here and there)

The topic has gaining understanding and not defending possible missdeeds as purpose.

In regard of the secound but also in regard of the first questions intention to use certain discrimination as a tool for certain purpose, my person likes to share a sutta as starter of a very general importand topic in many regards:

Nandiya Sutta: To Nandiya and context of arising.

My person likes to throw other big stones as "provocation" into the topic, as statements, without much context for now.

* (any) Path is not gained by samadhi, but "only" by "listening/hearing" and proper attention

* impressing lay peoples by meditation can easy lead to even pārājika, even for whole Sanghas, and there are many who did much damage and insults toward right practicing people and communities, especially toward practice in traditional countries.

Let's see how it develops and how far certain necessary patient and leave may arise in regard of importand explaining.

_/ _ _/ _ _/ _ May formost the Ven. Members of the Sangha, and those walking in front, out of compassion for many, feel generous and share their merits in explaining the issue given by certain anchors above.
It's not clear if the possibility to take on form here is given, so also this post might be made on merely uncomfortable trust. Please don't be shy to make remark as well as to do what ever with the post you might be inspired to. Key is found here. May it be, how ever, understood as Dhamma-Dana toward the Sangha of Buddhas Savakas and those following them and not thought for any kind of trade or exchange for low purpose for the world. Feel also always welcome here.
Zom

Re: "Meditation" vs. gaining path (right view)

Post by Zom »

Yes, meditation is still a vogue in Buddhism. Hence such questions... 8-)
Samana Johann 1

Re: "Meditation" vs. gaining path (right view)

Post by Samana Johann 1 »

Zom wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:13 pm Yes, meditation is still a vogue in Buddhism. Hence such questions... 8-)
Like may thing, Upasaka Zom. My person trusts that it is welcome to translate, Nyom Zoms appreciation remark, into non-modern language:

Sadhu! _/ _ Yes, may the Ven. Members of the Sangha, out of compassion, share their merits and explain the matter, so that those with less dust in the eyes may be able to see and rejoice with it.

(Certain bodily appearance would be possible also reduce hindences.)
It's not clear if the possibility to take on form here is given, so also this post might be made on merely uncomfortable trust. Please don't be shy to make remark as well as to do what ever with the post you might be inspired to. Key is found here. May it be, how ever, understood as Dhamma-Dana toward the Sangha of Buddhas Savakas and those following them and not thought for any kind of trade or exchange for low purpose for the world. Feel also always welcome here.