Need help on Anapanasati - short sighs

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
ganegaar

Re: Need help on Anapanasati - short sighs

Post by ganegaar »

Thank you @[name redacted by admin] and @Hiheyhello. It is very valuable information and help.
With advice from this thread, I am getting used to have the short breath, or rather ultra short sudden sigh!.
User1249x wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:13 pm These Suttas are very complicated and it is rather loosely how i interperet it. This is certainly not perfect info but i think it is more or less correct actually.
Thank you, yes it was helpful even though it is not perfect. At least, when I see the interpretation, i can get a feel of "sense of direction" that I should be looking for.
Hiheyhello wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:17 pm I've had a similar experience and it is temporary.... It is not a result of wrong practice.
It is a bit comfort to know it will go away one day! Well, yeah another expectation!. The funny thing is, when it is not there, i suddenly start looking for it now :P, "oh, the sigh did not come yet!"
Sīlepatiṭṭhāya naro sapañño, cittaṃ paññañca bhāvayaṃ;
Ātāpī nipako bhikkhu, so imaṃ vijaṭaye jaṭanti.
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

ganegaar wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:39 am Thank you @[name redacted by admin] and @Hiheyhello. It is very valuable information and help.
With advice from this thread, I am getting used to have the short breath, or rather ultra short sudden sigh!.
Here is another similar post i made which is also complementary
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=31268#p458839
ganegaar

Post by ganegaar »

JohnK wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 pm This book by Buddhadassa Bhikkhu is a thorough and clear guide to anapanasati.
https://www.wisdompubs.org/book/mindfulness-breathing
Thank you JohnK, I got the book, it looks very helpful !.
Sīlepatiṭṭhāya naro sapañño, cittaṃ paññañca bhāvayaṃ;
Ātāpī nipako bhikkhu, so imaṃ vijaṭaye jaṭanti.
JohnK

Post by JohnK »

ganegaar wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:52 pm
JohnK wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 pm This book by Buddhadassa Bhikkhu is a thorough and clear guide to anapanasati.
https://www.wisdompubs.org/book/mindfulness-breathing
Thank you JohnK, I got the book, it looks very helpful !.
Ah, pleasant vedana from seeing your post :) -- I hope you enjoy the book and find inspiration and guidance for practice like I have.
Those who grasp at perceptions & views wander the internet creating friction. [based on Sn4:9,v.847]