Check out this neat analysis of the metta sutta's first two lines with Christian undertones

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
indianromeo

Check out this neat analysis of the metta sutta's first two lines with Christian undertones

Post by indianromeo »

I'm enjoying this analysis particularly because it references Christianity:

http://goodlifezen.com/wp-content/uploa ... odness.pdf
SarathW

Re: Check out this neat analysis of the metta sutta's first two lines with Christian undertones

Post by SarathW »

Rumi, the Islamic poet's teaching is also very close to Metta Sutta.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
paul

Re: Check out this neat analysis of the metta sutta's first two lines with Christian undertones

Post by paul »

“As you walk this path your heart opens more and more and you come forth naturally with kindness, compassion and decency.”

That's my experience, that metta arises as a consequence of developing insight into impermanence.
Last edited by paul on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
indianromeo

Post by indianromeo »

SarathW wrote:Rumi, the Islamic poet's teaching is also very close to Metta Sutta.
:namaste:
indianromeo

Post by indianromeo »

paul wrote:“As you walk this path your heart opens more and more and you come forth naturally with kindness, compassion and decency.”

That's my experience, that metta arises as a consequence of developing insight into impermanence.
I like it, Paul.
Jetavan

Post by Jetavan »

There's physics.
And then there's Metta-physics.
indianromeo

Post by indianromeo »

Jetavan wrote:There's physics.
And then there's Metta-physics.
:quote: ;)