The harder I practice the worse my wrong views get, help!

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
Pondera

Re: The harder I practice the worse my wrong views get, help!

Post by Pondera »

The three knowledges imply reality to rebirth. If you are progressing as a Buddhist, you should be gaining access to your long, long, long term memory banks - your own personal Akashic records.

Maybe you should try past life regression therapy.

More importantly. What is it, specifically, about practicing that makes you a non-believer in rebirth?
Like the three marks of conditioned existence, this world in itself is filthy, hostile, and crowded
dhammarelax

Post by dhammarelax »

zan wrote:
dhammarelax wrote:
zan wrote:So one of the spiritual obstacles is not believing in rebirth and such concepts. Normally I believe in rebirth but the more I practice and the better my practice becomes the stronger the wrong view gets that there is no such thing as rebirth and that such things are not real.

It is a very difficult thing. Essentially when I am failing to practice often or failing to give much effort I am very concerned about rebirth and such things but when my practice is very strong all my worries cease, including worrying about rebirth and related things and I start to form the wrong view that they are not true!

The effect is cumulative in both directions and proportionate to the amount I am practicing or failing to practice.

What can I do to keep my views correct?
Why to take a stance? In the way that I practice it doesnt make a difference if it exists or not.
Well disbelief is said to be a spiritual obstacle. But I suppose neither belief nor non belief would be no obstacle?
If those things that you neither believe nor disbelieve have nothing to do with your meditation practice I dont see why would they affect you.

Smile
Dhammarelax
Even if the flesh & blood in my body dry up, leaving just the skin, tendons, & bones, I will use all my human firmness, human persistence and human striving. There will be no relaxing my persistence until I am the first of my generation to attain full awakening in this lifetime. ed. AN 2.5
Bakmoon

Post by Bakmoon »

zan wrote:So one of the spiritual obstacles is not believing in rebirth and such concepts. Normally I believe in rebirth but the more I practice and the better my practice becomes the stronger the wrong view gets that there is no such thing as rebirth and that such things are not real.
Is this related with the teaching of non-self? A lot of people get really hung up on the question "If there is no self, then what gets reborn?" Is this the issue that is coming up for you?
The non-doing of any evil,
The performance of what's skillful,
The cleansing of one's own mind:
This is the Buddhas' teaching.