Does "Manual of Insight" contain a complete commentary on the Satipatthana sutta?

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
zan

Does "Manual of Insight" contain a complete commentary on the Satipatthana sutta?

Post by zan » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:58 pm

I have always found great information in everything by Mahasi Sayadaw but I've never found a complete commentary by him on the Satipatthana sutta. Does anyone know if "Manual of Insight" would contain one? Or perhaps it would at least cover all the necessary points in discussing the practices without being a literal word by word commentary so that one could hypothetically piece together a commentary from it?
Never read anything I write as an accurate statement about anything whatsoever. Look to wiser ones than I. Look to wise texts. Look elsewhere. See my writings like word games, nothing more.

mikenz66

Re: Does "Manual of Insight" contain a complete commentary on the Satipatthana sutta?

Post by mikenz66 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:07 am

Chapter 4 contains extensive discussion of the Satipatthana Sutta, from a practical point of view.

Mahasi Sayadaw makes extensive use of the Classical Commentary, which may be found here:
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... wayof.html

:anjali:
Mike