Unworldy well being

On the cultivation of insight/wisdom
befriend

Unworldy well being

Post by befriend » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:34 pm

I've noticed it's unsettling for me to experience impermanence because my mind thinks well if everything is impermanent how can I be happy? Before I have a solid insight practice should I first find happiness/well being inside from practicing Dhamma?
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.

Dan74

Re: Unworldy well being

Post by Dan74 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:40 pm

befriend wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:34 pm
I've noticed it's unsettling for me to experience impermanence because my mind thinks well if everything is impermanent how can I be happy? Before I have a solid insight practice should I first find happiness/well being inside from practicing Dhamma?
It varies, but often it's a good idea. Or at least, a measure of stability, psychological well-being and groundedness.

Sometimes though, a sense of deep unease, like the one you're describing, can be great fuel for practice.
_/|\_

Alīno

Post by Alīno » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:08 am

befriend wrote:
Hello befriend :anjali:

Good result of anicca practice is desenchantement, detachment, peace by not clinging.

While you watch all around and you realise that all this is impermanent, fabricated, conditioned normally you mind drop it, abandon it (even for the duration of this reflection) and abandoning it he don't suffer about it, he not need it , dont feel avertion about it, non deluded by it. So by realising that "oh! I no need suffer about it ! It's impermanent ^^" he becomes light (joyfull) and free (happy)

And the same thing about 5 khandhas, its ssid that realising their impermanent, conditioned and selfless nature one can realise fruit of Stream Entry...

In you case, if your mind say : how can I be happy now? It means that there is craving for something (pleasant feelings maybe?). If so, i think you need to develop calm of samadhi so your mind could find some pleasure of peace out of sensual sphere... So he could be happy in more wholesome way.

Imho
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:30 pm

befriend wrote:
Regarding Dhamma:
  • Happiness is a by-product.
  • "Unhappiness" is an integral part.
  • There needs to arise a truely deep "unhappiness" regarding the impermanence (and the likes) of everything, to get "oneself" liberated.
:heart:

🅢🅐🅑🅑🅔 🅓🅗🅐🅜🅜🅐 🅐🅝🅐🅣🅣🅐

Self ...
  • "an entirely and perfectly foolish idea" :D ~ MN22