does anyone know of good asubha resources?

The cultivation of calm or tranquility and the development of concentration
rightviewftw

Re: does anyone know of good asubha resources?

Post by rightviewftw » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:43 pm

Sam Vara wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 pm
rightviewftw wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:31 pm
Sam Vara wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:01 pm

Different countries probably vary, but in the UK this would be out of the question. Crematoria here do occasional "open days", when the public can go "behind the scenes", but you would not get to see dead bodies.
I tried this in Norway. I was initially trying to get a job there and was in dialogue with the agency that was contracted to operate the place. There was no chance of employment but i was invited to take a look in the oven:)
I hope it wasn't occupied at the time!
I was kind of disappointed about not getting the position and ended up not going to look but they offered me to look at bodies being burned. However if i remember correctly they told me that they got bodies packed in bodybags that the bags went straight in the oven and that there were cameras monitoring the burning as well as the option to look directly into the oven.

The funeral parlor jobs are quite lucrative and it is way easier albeit not that easy to get work there compared to getting a job at the crematoriums i think.
How to meditate: Anapanasati, Satipatthana.
Intro to General Semantics
Factors & Perceptions

Parallel Dhammapada Reading
Chinese to Eng Dhp
"The statements; 'With the remainderless stopping & fading of the six contact-media is it the case that there is anything else?' '.. is it the case that there is not anything else .. is it the case that there both is & is not anything else .. is it the case that there neither is nor is not anything else?' objectify non-objectification. However far the six contact-media go, that is how far objectification goes."

Manopubbangama

Post by Manopubbangama » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:13 pm

I came to add something, but I also bookmarked quite a few links here. Thanks for sharing, all.

Personally what I have used for asubha in the past was "Body Worlds," Gunther von Hagens' plastinations.

Whenever I see a beautiful woman in public, I recall Body Worlds and....ya....it helps.

https://bodyworlds.com/

Will not post any pics; a google search of "body worlds" will more than suffice if anyone is interested.
"They too, beholding the Buddha — Kinsman of the sun, mighty and fearless — salute him from afar: 'Homage to thee, who art unique among mankind; glory to thee, the highest among men.' - DN 32

jabalí

Post by jabalí » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Good asubha resource?

manas

Post by manas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:53 pm

jabalí wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:46 pm

Good asubha resource?
Perhaps, but seeing that original image on this Forum, could trigger lust among some males. I know the intention is good, but this image is a bit intense, imo; perhaps a link to the video would be more appropriate, rather than just scrolling down then suddenly there's a naked woman...