5 hindrance remove trick?

The cultivation of calm or tranquility and the development of concentration
confusedlayman

5 hindrance remove trick?

Post by confusedlayman » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:44 am

Metta, karuna, emptiness or bare awareness, breath, recollection of Buddha etc... which one works best in general and share some more tips as I am validating which works for me.
non-agitation is highest peace
living unaffected by other cause and condition to suffering is true bliss
not associating with stupid people is immediate peace
- CL (confused layman)

SteRo

Re: 5 hindrance remove trick?

Post by SteRo » Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:23 pm

Hello friend,

the five hindrances are completely removed through meditation on emptiness which ideally entails bare signless awareness.

Metta, karuna and recollection of Buddha however might work as well and if you are heading for 1st jhana might be appropriate objects due to closeness to piti and sukkha.

So if you want to "jump" to 4th jhana and above, leaving out jhana 1-3, emptiness might be appropriate because it does not 'carry the burden' of piti and sukkha.

confusedlayman

Post by confusedlayman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:54 am

SteRo wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:23 pm
Hello friend,

the five hindrances are completely removed through meditation on emptiness which ideally entails bare signless awareness.

Metta, karuna and recollection of Buddha however might work as well and if you are heading for 1st jhana might be appropriate objects due to closeness to piti and sukkha.

So if you want to "jump" to 4th jhana and above, leaving out jhana 1-3, emptiness might be appropriate because it does not 'carry the burden' of piti and sukkha.
I tried emptimes meditation long back (see my old post very long back) but it leads to just aware without feeling but I still not absorbed as I hear 5 sense and body presence ... it also actually takes back to breath sometimes which again brings to first. I actually needs 1,2,3,4 not 4 directly and I don’t want 5,6,7,8,cessation of conciousness at this moment. I am just want to master 1st and so on ...
non-agitation is highest peace
living unaffected by other cause and condition to suffering is true bliss
not associating with stupid people is immediate peace
- CL (confused layman)

befriend

Post by befriend » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:47 pm

For ill will use good will for desire think of impermanence for restlessness listen to sounds for sloth and torpor rub your limbs or look at the stars do walking meditation visualize a bright light in your head for doubt just simply noticing that this is doubt. Another way is to apply mindfulness in a more acute way when craving arises be aware of the craving and you will see it hurts so the mind drops it like a hot coal from a hand. Awareness is inherently wise and moral of you bring your attention to ill will and investigate it with awareness be with it the mind sees it as suffering and drops it like a hot coal.
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.

Alīno

Post by Alīno » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:41 pm

7 Enlightenment Factors :
Mindfulness
Investigation
Energy
Joy
Tranquillity
Concentration
Equanimity
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...