Is there some proof that my karma can become better and so i can experience that in this life i living now?

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).

Sam Vara

Re: Is there some proof that my karma can become better and so i can experience that in this life i living now?

Post by Sam Vara »

Yes, I think it's possible. But me telling you that, or anyone else telling you that, is not proof, is it? Nor is quoting a sutta or other text. The only proof that would convince you is for you to take action and see the results in your own life.

Kim OHara

Re: Is there some proof that my karma can become better and so i can experience that in this life i living now?

Post by Kim OHara »

:goodpost:

There are several suttas in which the Buddha contrasts what happens to heedless people with what happens to virtuous people, but you can see it for yourself. It is likely to be slow, however. Don't expect consistent results in days or weeks - think in months and years.

:namaste:
Kim

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

Operation of Kamma is very complex and there is no one to one relationship.
It appears only a Buddha will know it.
Having said that it appears to me that I experience the result of my this life comma this life it self.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

char101

Post by char101 »

No.Your present kamma is just the ice tip. Your past kamma is the iceberg, it is much larger and it has much more effect on the general state of your life.

But life is not conditioned only by kamma, but also by citta (mind), utu (temperature), and ahara (food).

It has been "proven" "by science" that exercise (utu), good diet (ahara), and meditation (citta) improves one well-being.

sunnat

Post by sunnat »

First : kamma is volitional action. What you are talking about are the fruits of past actions. If you don’t re-act (new kamma) when the fruits ripen you don't create new fruits to experience in the future (immediate or later). You will have direct experience of this by practicing meditation correctly. That is the proof.

Edit add: also you can perform wholesome actions in the here and now that will ensure good fruit in the future. A result of these good actions is that they will ameliorate the experience of bad past kammas fruit.

sentinel

Post by sentinel »

user99 wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:12 pm
Is that possible?
What kind of proof do you need ?
Quality is not an act, it is a habit.

user99

Post by user99 »

I have Only very little doubt. So i dont need help with proof.

Zom

Post by Zom »

Is there some proof that my karma can become better and so i can experience that in this life i living now?
Suttas is the proof I guess. And from there one can know that bad kammic result can be lessened if your mind becomes cleaner, and yes, clean mind as it seems makes bad kamma bring result in this very life.

https://suttacentral.net/an3.100/en/sujato

user99

Post by user99 »

I dont believe my problem are possible to fix.

user99

Post by user99 »

Now iam feeling much better. I believe i have come in a better field of life with not equally much suffering again. Thank you all for your help and support.

TRobinson465

Post by TRobinson465 »

The only absolute way to prove karma for yourself would be to reach high attainments in meditation and see for yourself as the Lord Buddha, arahants, and some great ascetics have done. Alternatively, you could do good things and go all "The Secret" style and try to attract positive things that way and make connections with the good results with your prior good deeds. Although even if that worked, that would be anecdotal evidence at best and still wouldnt solidly prove karma unfortunately.

Although karma does just mean action and results so its good to keep in mind there are a few things you can still clearly observe in this life.
"Is it possible, lord, to point out a fruit of generosity visible in the here & now?"

"It is possible, Siha. One who gives, who is a master of giving, is dear & charming to people at large. And the fact that who is generous, a master of giving, is dear & charming to people at large: this is a fruit of generosity visible in the here & now.

"Furthermore, good people, people of integrity, admire one who gives, who is a master of giving. And the fact that good people, people of integrity, admire one who gives, who is a master of giving: this, too, is a fruit of generosity visible in the here & now.

"Furthermore, the fine reputation of one who gives, who is a master of giving, is spread far & wide. And the fact that the fine reputation of one who gives, who is a master of giving, is spread far & wide: this, too, is a fruit of generosity visible in the here & now.

"Furthermore, when one who gives, who is a master of giving, approaches any assembly of people — noble warriors, brahmans, householders, or contemplatives — he/she does so confidently & without embarrassment. And the fact that when one who gives, who is a master of giving, approaches any assembly of people — noble warriors, brahmans, householders, or contemplatives — he/she does so confidently & without embarrassment: this, too, is a fruit of generosity visible in the here & now.
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .than.html

"'Suppose there is a hereafter and there is a fruit, result, of deeds done well or ill. Then it is possible that at the dissolution of the body after death, I shall arise in the heavenly world, which is possessed of the state of bliss.' This is the first solace found by him.

"'Suppose there is no hereafter and there is no fruit, no result, of deeds done well or ill. Yet in this world, here and now, free from hatred, free from malice, safe and sound, and happy, I keep myself.' This is the second solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) befall an evil-doer. I, however, think of doing evil to no one. Then, how can ill (results) affect me who do no evil deed?' This is the third solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) do not befall an evil-doer. Then I see myself purified in any case.' This is the fourth solace found by him.

"The disciple of the Noble Ones, Kalamas, who has such a hate-free mind, such a malice-free mind, such an undefiled mind, and such a purified mind, is one by whom, here and now, these four solaces are found."

"So it is, Blessed One. So it is, Sublime one. The disciple of the Noble Ones, venerable sir, who has such a hate-free mind, such a malice-free mind, such an undefiled mind, and such a purified mind, is one by whom, here and now, four solaces are found.

"'Suppose there is a hereafter and there is a fruit, result, of deeds done well or ill. Then it is possible that at the dissolution of the body after death, I shall arise in the heavenly world, which is possessed of the state of bliss.' This is the first solace found by him.

"'Suppose there is no hereafter and there is no fruit, no result, of deeds done well or ill. Yet in this world, here and now, free from hatred, free from malice, safe and sound, and happy, I keep myself.' This is the second solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) befall an evil-doer. I, however, think of doing evil to no one. Then, how can ill (results) affect me who do no evil deed?' This is the third solace found by him.

"'Suppose evil (results) do not befall an evil-doer. Then I see myself purified in any case.' This is the fourth solace found by him.

"The disciple of the Noble Ones, venerable sir, who has such a hate-free mind, such a malice-free mind, such an undefiled mind, and such a purified mind, is one by whom, here and now, these four solaces are found.
https://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitak ... .soma.html
"Do not have blind faith, but also no blind criticism" - the 14th Dalai Lama

"At Varanasi, in the Deer Park at Isipatana, the Blessed One has set in motion the unexcelled Wheel of Dhamma that cannot be stopped by brahmins, devas, Maras, Brahmas or anyone in the cosmos." -Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta

"Go forth, monks, for the good of the many, for the happiness of the many, out of compassion for the world, for the welfare, the good and the happiness of gods and men. Let no two of you go in the same direction." - First Khandhaka, Chapter 11, Vinaya.

anthbrown84

Post by anthbrown84 »

Of course you can see this

Go and punch an old woman in the face and see how that feels.... you will feel awful. That is one type of kamma ripening. Cause and effect..... granted, in another life you may experience something like that, but here and now you'll feel remorse, you may have swollen hands that hurt etc

Then go and buy some food and donate it to some monks and watch the heart gladden.

There are different types of karmic reward.... here and now, this life and future lives

The Buddha talked about beings being reborn ugly etc and the reason for it... so.if you're beautiful or ugly you're experiencing the past kamma of that life here and now :)
"Your job in practise is to know the difference between the heart and the activity of the heart, that is it, it is that simple" Ajahn Tate