How much entertainment should we allow?

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
Dinsdale

Re: How much entertainment should we allow?

Post by Dinsdale » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:13 am

I watch films. I need a break sometimes from being mindful. :tongue:
Buddha save me from new-agers!

rightviewftw

Post by rightviewftw » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:34 pm

We are all going to die.. Better quickly find a cave to live in and brace yourself.

"Don't devote yourself to sense-pleasures, don't give yourself over to negligence."

If you can't do, you find a way to do, if it does not work you try another way and keep trying until you make it or die trying.

The primary objective is winning the war. One can hardly be expected to win every battle but one should not get used to losing nor should one ever concede.
How to meditate: Anapanasati, Satipatthana.
Intro to General Semantics
Factors & Perceptions

Parallel Dhammapada Reading
Chinese to Eng Dhp
"The statements; 'With the remainderless stopping & fading of the six contact-media is it the case that there is anything else?' '.. is it the case that there is not anything else .. is it the case that there both is & is not anything else .. is it the case that there neither is nor is not anything else?' objectify non-objectification. However far the six contact-media go, that is how far objectification goes."

chownah

Post by chownah » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:41 am

Like the leper says "I pick my scabs. I need a break sometimes from being mindful." :tongue:
chownah