Virtue for nibbana

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
Saengnapha

Re: Virtue for nibbana

Post by Saengnapha »

binocular wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:46 pm
Saengnapha wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:34 pmI don't really see how you jump to this conclusion about what I've said. If you've traversed the path up to the point I mention, you should already be experiencing a healthy dose of dispassion and familiarity with states of mind. The focus becomes the inner creation of the 5 Khāndhās and how you perceive. This seems to be the frontier that no one can help you with unbinding this. Leading the horse to water is one thing, making it drink is quite another. This has nothing to do with the future. This is what I'm criticizing. Time is only in your thinking. Your present experience is all there is.
Are you "already experiencing a healthy dose of dispassion and familiarity with states of mind"?
It is a question that you need to ask yourself, not me.
binocular

Post by binocular »

Saengnapha wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:51 pm
binocular wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:46 pmAre you "already experiencing a healthy dose of dispassion and familiarity with states of mind"?
It is a question that you need to ask yourself, not me.
If you aren't "already experiencing a healthy dose of dispassion and familiarity with states of mind", then how can you know what it will be like when you do?
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
befriend

Post by befriend »

:focus:
Take care of mindfulness and mindfulness will take care of you.