tick and flea collar

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
altar

tick and flea collar

Post by altar » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:18 am

my mother has asked me to pick up a tick and flea collar to prevent our dog from getting lymes disease. the ad says "kills and prevents" ticks and fleas.

it's my character to just ignore such things. however if a tick attaches to me or my dog i do remove it (with tweezers).
i'm probably going to just ignore the request to pick up the collar. or do people think that is negligent?

SarathW

Re: tick and flea collar

Post by SarathW » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:32 am

prevents
Prevention is not killing.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Sprouticus

Post by Sprouticus » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:29 am

:anjali:

Your mother is right to be concerned about tick-born diseases. They can cause serious illness in our pets and ourselves. Consider a topical treatment such as you would get from your veterinarian. Collars can't cover enough area, especially near the base of the tail, which is a favorite of fleas.
Namo buddhaya

patrick07

Post by patrick07 » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:39 am

You can pick it by using tweezers, but as for your mom wants, you can follow her. You can do what you want if you can show to your mom that you can remove all the fleas and ticks of your dog, but if you can't do that, you can use some formula. And I want to share it to you, I used it to my dogs and really works. http://nexgard.buydogheartwormmedicine.com/ This site truly helps me.