Anonymous (online) Bikkhus

Buddhist ethical conduct including the Five Precepts (Pañcasikkhāpada), and Eightfold Ethical Conduct (Aṭṭhasīla).
StormBorn

Re: Anonymous (online) Bikkhus

Post by StormBorn »

AgarikaJ wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:03 am As I am unable to recognize virtuous monastics by simply looking at them, I rather give to all.
When one knows more Dhamma in theory and practice, plus the experience of behaving among them will make one more attune/mindful to their behaviors and possible intentions behind those behaviors. Even here in some cases, it's easy to know a monk by the things or the way he posts.

However, I no longer give bulk donations blindly. I support the individual monks that I know well as honestly striving in the Dhamma. That's my personal preference. :smile:
“Greater in battle than the man who would conquer a thousand-thousand men, is he who would conquer just one—himself.”
Johann

Post by Johann »

On the OP: total proper perceived, good householder/gone forth J. It's a matter of seriousity, respect and integrity in common sociaties, how much more in regard of those regarded as the Sublime Buddhas offsprings.

Foolish anonymity desires show off simply lack of faith into the Dhamma and as for common perception much space to regard one being after not so good or imbedded in faults.

There is, how ever that certain co-compassion, that fears to give at first place if after demanding. So it hapoens mostly the other way around in this not very virtuous realm, that someone not hiding up get's feared. May it be out of therapeutic ideas that most of the monks chose merely sick manners and by it, giving ways for many dangers.
Johann

Post by Johann »

But to extend it: it's actually improper for monks to teach, even to sit down, when lay people are perceived as of less respect, hiding up things and cover their face.

It's in all ways a very improper way of meeting the Juwels, but even to tell such, on and on, is like speaking with a dead horse.