Which is the best Ajahn Brahm book for his more recent meditation instructions?

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
Laurens

Which is the best Ajahn Brahm book for his more recent meditation instructions?

Post by Laurens »

Hello,

Having read Mindfulness; Bliss and Beyond some years ago, it is my understanding that the venerable Ajahn Brahm has updated his technique to focus more on letting go and loving awareness.

It seems he has produced several more books since then, I was just wondering which, if any contains more updated instructions from him, as I find the guided meditations with his newer methods to be a great technique?

"If only it were all so simple! If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
JamesTheGiant

Re: Which is the best Ajahn Brahm book for his more recent meditation instructions?

Post by JamesTheGiant »

There's not one, basically.
There are books of stories, and a book of questions and answers, but nothing similar to Mm indfulness Bliss and Beyond.
I guess Bear Awareness would be the closest match, which is the book of Questions and Answers from meditators.
Listening to his dhamma talks from his 9 day retreats or rains retreat talks might be the best way. Don't bother listening to the Q&A of the retreats, since they're dhamma-themed entertainment, and light on content.